How Can There Be Multiple Gods and Multiple Truths?

Supposedly he didn't like what he made thus the flood.
Maybe this time he figured we could just let our selves self destruct.
But no, he came down and die for our sins, so we have an out card now.
We can play it or discard it

Or... maybe none of that is truth? Maybe our creator God doesn't have a purpose for us?

I've always had trouble with the religious teachings of an omnipotent and omniscient God who messed up and had to destroy us with a flood. Or made us so fucked up that he had to come down and save us from our sins.... why not make us perfect? Why a flood and not a gamma ray burst... that would seem cleaner and quicker. But why not just replace our minds with what we're supposed to believe? Why make it so that worshiping and believing in God is an option and not a requirement like breathing and eating? Lots of questions... maybe I'll ask him on judgement day?

In the meantime... I know from my own experience there is a spiritual force which guides us on a path toward light away from dark... toward goodness away from evil... toward positive away from negative... towards love and away from hate... it is there to inspire us and help us to be the best we can be. Call it "God" or "Karma" or whatever... it's there and it's real. There is no punishment in denying it... you just don't benefit from it. What it means for your spirit after this life, I have no idea.

Why not? I had an ant colony as a kid. I thought it would be fun. I got bored with it after a week and haven't thought about it since. It could be he doesn't even know we're here and he just designed the Universe with a certain set of physics and chemistry rules to see what would happen. And maybe tried different settings in a billion other Universes.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.
One could certainly make that argument.

Any it would mean our lives are as meaningless as the ants in an ant colony.
As the Verve says, "It's a bittersweet symphony this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die".
Rather than ask what our purpose is, ask what your purpose is. What reason did God put you on this planet? Make meaning of your life.

What was mlk's purpose?

None if there is no God and an asteroid could hit earth tomorrow and obliterate us
Wrong. He made other peoples lives better. He was a positive influence on the rest of us.

Whether there is or isn't a God one day life on this planet will end, just like what happened on Mars before it went extinct.

But a smart martian knew the next planet to have life would be earth so he sent a rocket 5 billion years ago and planted the first life on earth. It was a mold that took millions of years to turn into a single cell then trilobites then dinosaur and us. Who will be the last species to rule the planet? Most likely the tardigrade. Look them up.

I once said that MAYYYBE.... we're just an old science project in a shoebox sitting in God's closet.

As the Verve says, "It's a bittersweet symphony this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die".
Rather than ask what our purpose is, ask what your purpose is. What reason did God put you on this planet? Make meaning of your life.

What was mlk's purpose?

None if there is no God and an asteroid could hit earth tomorrow and obliterate us
Wrong. He made other peoples lives better. He was a positive influence on the rest of us.

Whether there is or isn't a God one day life on this planet will end, just like what happened on Mars before it went extinct.

But a smart martian knew the next planet to have life would be earth so he sent a rocket 5 billion years ago and planted the first life on earth. It was a mold that took millions of years to turn into a single cell then trilobites then dinosaur and us. Who will be the last species to rule the planet? Most likely the tardigrade. Look them up.

Cool!

Tardigrade survival: Water bears frozen in Antarctic moss for 30 years successfully revived

Your life is what YOU make it. Stop blaming shit on gods.
And so what if an asteroid wipes us all out tomorrow? I mean other than you dying, what does a religious person care if life on earth ends? Them and all there loveones will just meet up in heaven. I don't think religion helps people appreciate the here and now. Heaven awaits. It's not a healthy thought when you really think about it

What was mlk's purpose?

Cool!

Tardigrade survival: Water bears frozen in Antarctic moss for 30 years successfully revived
They can survive the hottest and coldest climate this world can throw at it. It can even survive in outerspace.

And so what if an asteroid wipes us all out tomorrow? I mean other than you dying, what does a religious person care if life on earth ends? Them and all there loveones will just meet up in heaven. I don't think religion helps people appreciate the here and now. Heaven awaits. It's not a healthy thought when you really think about it

The asteroid is not due for another 3 weeks.

Last edited:
What came first a baby snake ape bird frog or a mama and papa snake ape bird and frogs?

Think about how ridiculous the creation story is. Every one of those species must come from an ancestor that use to live under water. It must not have needed parents to raise or even give birth to it. Life must have started out very simple. Then branched off into birds snakes frogs mammals after it crawled out of the water

What came first a baby snake ape bird frog or a mama and papa snake ape bird and frogs?

Think about how ridiculous the creation story is. Every one of those species must come from an ancestor that use to live under water. It must not have needed parents to raise or even give birth to it. Life must have started out very simple. Then branched off into birds snakes frogs mammals after it crawled out of the water

Mama and papa.
You asked.

Or... maybe none of that is truth? Maybe our creator God doesn't have a purpose for us?

I've always had trouble with the religious teachings of an omnipotent and omniscient God who messed up and had to destroy us with a flood. Or made us so fucked up that he had to come down and save us from our sins.... why not make us perfect? Why a flood and not a gamma ray burst... that would seem cleaner and quicker. But why not just replace our minds with what we're supposed to believe? Why make it so that worshiping and believing in God is an option and not a requirement like breathing and eating? Lots of questions... maybe I'll ask him on judgement day?

In the meantime... I know from my own experience there is a spiritual force which guides us on a path toward light away from dark... toward goodness away from evil... toward positive away from negative... towards love and away from hate... it is there to inspire us and help us to be the best we can be. Call it "God" or "Karma" or whatever... it's there and it's real. There is no punishment in denying it... you just don't benefit from it. What it means for your spirit after this life, I have no idea.
Nice post bro. Seems you have evolved, no pun intended.

Except for one thing. I don't think if there is a creator that it cares if you believe or not. I certainly feel blessed. I don't know if its because I live a good life that I have a good life but I have determined that belief might make some people happier, it isn't a requirement.

According to Christians, we are all not good enough. We all sin. But those who believe the story will be saved.

Your story sounds similar. All I have to do to enjoy it is believe.

Am I punished after I die for not buying it or like you will I live forever too?

Mama and papa.
You asked.
Please go on, explain your theory. I may have questions

Except for one thing. I don't think if there is a creator that it cares if you believe or not. I certainly feel blessed. I don't know if its because I live a good life that I have a good life but I have determined that belief might make some people happier, it isn't a requirement.

According to Christians, we are all not good enough. We all sin. But those who believe the story will be saved.

Am I punished after I die for not buying it or like you will I live forever too?

If you don't believe in God, should God believe in you?
I say when you wake up in the morning just smile and thank God for waking you up to another beautiful day.
Then just proceed to be a good person.

Life must have started out very simple. Then branched off into birds snakes frogs mammals after it crawled out of the water

Except that nothing in biology can support that theory. There are no examples of anything known to have morphed from one genera taxa to another and it seems to defy every biological model we can construct. We can't make it artificially happen, we can't explain how it could physically happen.... We are left with pure speculation that it MUST have happened because there certainly couldn't have been a Creator. That's not Science, that is FAITH.

Mama and papa.
You asked.

Genesis 1 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre
The verses have to be looked at from 30,000 feet in the air.
In Verse 9 God gives the coalescing waters the ability to create and sustain living creatures in the water.
This ability may have taken billions of years to develop into simple and then more complex aquatic creatures.
Keep in mind that the Sun has not yet been formed and thus the "day" has not yet been defined.
"Day" is a whole different concept to discuss.

I say when you wake up in the morning just smile and thank God for waking you up to another beautiful day.

Why would I thank an imaginary make believe entity? Should I thank Santa Claus on Christmas when I get gifts too? :D

Mama and papa.
You asked.

Genesis 1 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre
The verses have to be looked at from 30,000 feet in the air.
In Verse 9 God gives the coalescing waters the ability to create and sustain living creatures in the water.
This ability may have taken billions of years to develop into simple and then more complex aquatic creatures.
Keep in mind that the Sun has not yet been formed and thus the "day" has not yet been defined.
"Day" is a whole different concept to discuss.

Do you honestly believe there is an entity that is in "control" of things? Really?

Why would I thank an imaginary make believe entity? Should I thank Santa Claus on Christmas when I get gifts too? :D

You don't have to.
One school of thought attaches the existence of the soul after attachment to the body (death) to even the tiniest belief in the Creator and sustainer of the soul.

Forum List

Back