How Can There Be Multiple Gods and Multiple Truths?

Supposedly he didn't like what he made thus the flood.
Maybe this time he figured we could just let our selves self destruct.
But no, he came down and die for our sins, so we have an out card now.
We can play it or discard it

Or... maybe none of that is truth? Maybe our creator God doesn't have a purpose for us?

I've always had trouble with the religious teachings of an omnipotent and omniscient God who messed up and had to destroy us with a flood. Or made us so fucked up that he had to come down and save us from our sins.... why not make us perfect? Why a flood and not a gamma ray burst... that would seem cleaner and quicker. But why not just replace our minds with what we're supposed to believe? Why make it so that worshiping and believing in God is an option and not a requirement like breathing and eating? Lots of questions... maybe I'll ask him on judgement day?

In the meantime... I know from my own experience there is a spiritual force which guides us on a path toward light away from dark... toward goodness away from evil... toward positive away from negative... towards love and away from hate... it is there to inspire us and help us to be the best we can be. Call it "God" or "Karma" or whatever... it's there and it's real. There is no punishment in denying it... you just don't benefit from it. What it means for your spirit after this life, I have no idea.
Nice post bro. Seems you have evolved, no pun intended.

Except for one thing. I don't think if there is a creator that it cares if you believe or not. I certainly feel blessed. I don't know if its because I live a good life that I have a good life but I have determined that belief might make some people happier, it isn't a requirement.

According to Christians, we are all not good enough. We all sin. But those who believe the story will be saved.

Your story sounds similar. All I have to do to enjoy it is believe.

Am I punished after I die for not buying it or like you will I live forever too?

If you don't believe in God, should God believe in you?
I say when you wake up in the morning just smile and thank God for waking you up to another beautiful day.
Then just proceed to be a good person.

Why would I thank an imaginary make believe entity? Should I thank Santa Claus on Christmas when I get gifts too? :D

You don't have to.
One school of thought attaches the existence of the soul after attachment to the body (death) to even the tiniest belief in the Creator and sustainer of the soul.

Huh? :D

Your life is what YOU make it. Stop blaming shit on gods.
What came first a baby snake ape bird frog or a mama and papa snake ape bird and frogs?

Think about how ridiculous the creation story is. Every one of those species must come from an ancestor that use to live under water. It must not have needed parents to raise or even give birth to it. Life must have started out very simple. Then branched off into birds snakes frogs mammals after it crawled out of the water

Mama and papa.
You asked.
Please go on, explain your theory. I may have questions

Genesis 1 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre
The verses have to be looked at from 30,000 feet in the air.
In Verse 9 God gives the coalescing waters the ability to create and sustain living creatures in the water.
This ability may have taken billions of years to develop into simple and then more complex aquatic creatures.
Keep in mind that the Sun has not yet been formed and thus the "day" has not yet been defined.
"Day" is a whole different concept to discuss.

Do you honestly believe there is an entity that is in "control" of things? Really?
Yes, but I base that on over 30 years of study.
Plus I don't preach it to others who don't want to hear it because my belief forbids me from proselytizing.

Supposedly he didn't like what he made thus the flood.
Maybe this time he figured we could just let our selves self destruct.
But no, he came down and die for our sins, so we have an out card now.
We can play it or discard it

Or... maybe none of that is truth? Maybe our creator God doesn't have a purpose for us?

I've always had trouble with the religious teachings of an omnipotent and omniscient God who messed up and had to destroy us with a flood. Or made us so fucked up that he had to come down and save us from our sins.... why not make us perfect? Why a flood and not a gamma ray burst... that would seem cleaner and quicker. But why not just replace our minds with what we're supposed to believe? Why make it so that worshiping and believing in God is an option and not a requirement like breathing and eating? Lots of questions... maybe I'll ask him on judgement day?

In the meantime... I know from my own experience there is a spiritual force which guides us on a path toward light away from dark... toward goodness away from evil... toward positive away from negative... towards love and away from hate... it is there to inspire us and help us to be the best we can be. Call it "God" or "Karma" or whatever... it's there and it's real. There is no punishment in denying it... you just don't benefit from it. What it means for your spirit after this life, I have no idea.

Except for one thing. I don't think if there is a creator that it cares if you believe or not. I certainly feel blessed. I don't know if its because I live a good life that I have a good life but I have determined that belief might make some people happier, it isn't a requirement.

According to Christians, we are all not good enough. We all sin. But those who believe the story will be saved.

Am I punished after I die for not buying it or like you will I live forever too?

I say when you wake up in the morning just smile and thank God for waking you up to another beautiful day.

Why would I thank an imaginary make believe entity? Should I thank Santa Claus on Christmas when I get gifts too? :D

You don't have to.
One school of thought attaches the existence of the soul after attachment to the body (death) to even the tiniest belief in the Creator and sustainer of the soul.

So . . . what do you think a "soul" is? :)

You don't have to.

A spark of individual existence that is hampered in this physical universe by it's nervous system from experiencing the true joy of that will be experienced when it is removed from this shell.
This physical universe is like a gym where we get to develop to feel the real joy of God after dying.

You don't have to.

A spark of individual existence that is hampered in this physical universe by it's nervous system from experiencing the true joy of that will be experienced when it is removed from this shell.
This physical universe is like a gym where we get to develop to feel the real joy of God after dying.

Oh boy. :D I think we most likely become fertilizer after death. I think your soul is your energy and it dies with you. I don't think there is a magical kingdom awaiting us after death. I think it's hard for people to come to terms with death and dying and acceptance of our mortality and fear of the unknown, and that is another reason for religious beliefs.

What came first a baby snake ape bird frog or a mama and papa snake ape bird and frogs?

Think about how ridiculous the creation story is. Every one of those species must come from an ancestor that use to live under water. It must not have needed parents to raise or even give birth to it. Life must have started out very simple. Then branched off into birds snakes frogs mammals after it crawled out of the water

Mama and papa.
You asked.

In Verse 9 God gives the coalescing waters the ability to create and sustain living creatures in the water.
This ability may have taken billions of years to develop into simple and then more complex aquatic creatures.
Keep in mind that the Sun has not yet been formed and thus the "day" has not yet been defined.
No life if there was no sun

You don't have to.

Oh boy. :D I think we most likely become fertilizer after death. I think your soul is your energy and it dies with you. I don't think there is a magical kingdom awaiting us after death. I think it's hard for people to come to terms with death and dying and acceptance of our mortality and fear of the unknown, and that is another reason for religious beliefs.

I agree with you; it's not a magical kingdom because it has nothing to do with the physical realm we currently exist in.
There's no time or space and the odds are that I have too many worries on my mind to ever to be able to connect with that other reality whilst in my current state of being.

Mama and papa.
You asked.

Verse 3 & 4...there WAS light AND energy, just not what we have currently.
In fact, that light and energy may possibly have been more conducive to life than what we have now.

It is a fluke that the earth just happens to be supportive of biologic

Mama and papa.
You asked.

In fact, that light and energy may possibly have been more conducive to life than what we have now.

So you think that an invisible entity created the universe and the planets, etc.?

Do people believe that God put cavemen here and that one of them ate the apple? :D That's how we became intelligent?

What is this god's game anyway? He puts us here so that he can sort us out according to "good" and "bad?" That's the end game?

Mama and papa.
You asked.

So you think that an invisible entity created the universe and the planets, etc.?

The Creator is neither Visible nor Invisible; we have no concept.
Can an arrow know the craftsman who made it?

The Creator is neither Visible nor Invisible; we have no concept.
Can an arrow know the craftsman who made it?

Obviously we evolved from lower life forms which supports the theory of evolution.

I would place bets on the premise that we are a fluke rather than there is some invisible entity that is controlling things here on earth. Lol.
Baby, you ain't no fluke.
Sure she is. She's the outcome of one night her parents hooked up. A boy spirm could have penetrated the egg first or her parents might not have hooked up. Or her dad could have wore a rubber or pulled out. Her parents might not have even met.

What about the 30million Chinese who's family trees will end with them because there aren't enough women to go around? Just so happens that for some 2016 is the end of the line.

We should all be very grateful for the brief time we have. We are indeed all very lucky. Chance. Trust me, you ain't that important except to you and yours.

What is a bears purpose? Depends. Is it hungry? Does it have cubs? Is there a hunter nearby?

Do people believe that God put cavemen here and that one of them ate the apple? :D That's how we became intelligent?

What is this god's game anyway? He puts us here so that he can sort us out according to "good" and "bad?" That's the end game?

They weren't cavemen and the nature of the Tree is not specified.
Actually, the sorting out the "good" and "bad" was what the serpent said to Eve.
No, that's not God's purpose.
I can make suggestions, but how does an arrow attribute anything to it's maker?

Do you agree with the following:

There is 1 God, with one path to Heaven.
There are multiple Gods, and many paths to Heaven.
Doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in something?

If there are multiple Gods, who gets to decide what?
Why do they "disagree"?
Jesus is not God the Father in Heaven...

Forum List

Back