How can we take anyone in when shelters have a 4-6 month waiting list already

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
This is for both illegal and legal immigrants coming into our states, cities, towns.

I just spent the whole afternoon trying to find a warm place for a single mother with 3 children.
After getting passed off and going in circles, there is a 4 to 6 month wait list everywhere in the city I live in. These non-profits are few and far between.

Where and How are the Syrian refugees going to live?

National Coalition for the Homeless

This is for both illegal and legal immigrants coming into our states, cities, towns.

I just spent the whole afternoon trying to find a warm place for a single mother with 3 children.
After getting passed off and going in circles, there is a 4 to 6 month wait list everywhere in the city I live in. These non-profits are few and far between.

Where and How are the Syrian refugees going to live?

National Coalition for the Homeless

Who I think is going to take the brunt of this is probably New Orleans. I believe there are still thousands of FEMA trailers there. In my state of Colorado you can't even find a property for rent anymore, so agree with you on that one, where are they going to go?

fema-trailers.jpg

put tents in the desert run by Arizona's 'Joe Arpaio' , feed them bologna until a suitable desert can be found in their homeland areas . Better yet , send them back to where they got on the boat that dropped them off on USA shores .

Who I think is going to take the brunt of this is probably New Orleans. I believe there are still thousands of FEMA trailers there. In my state of Colorado you can't even find a property for rent anymore, so agree with you on that one, where are they going to go?

fema-trailers.jpg

I bet you are right, the fema trailers.
Who would have thought that Colorado doesn't have property for rent.
It would be nice to know what the plan is.

Forum List

Back