How CNN took on President Trump and lost

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
People don't trust MSM and their party will pay. Eight years from now Trump will probably buy them at a discount...

TRUMP’S WAR ON THE BIG BOSS OF FAKE NEWS
How CNN took on President Trump and lost.
July 10, 2017

Daniel Greenfield
zuck.jpg

Zucker’s plan made sense at the time. MSNBC had the lefty demographic locked up and FOX News spoke to the right. CNN wasn’t going to compete with them. And it wasn’t going to do “vanilla” reporting. Instead it would jump into the reality dogpile. Food shows. Edgy documentaries. “More shows and less newscasts.” If there had to be news, Zucker wanted it to have an “an attitude and a take.”

Before President Trump called out CNN as fake news, its new boss had already turned it into fake news.

But that was a different world. Obama was in the White House. Hillary was going to succeed him. Nothing interesting was going to happen in the world of politics. CNN could just focus on infotainment.

And then Trump emerged and everything changed. Suddenly CNN was going to have to do news again and Zucker, the gimmick guy who had bet big on reality shows on NBC and then on CNN, was completely out of his depth. He understood entertainment, but he didn’t have the faintest clue about journalism.

In the summer of ’16, he had ridiculed BuzzFeed as not being a real news organization. That gave BuzzFeed a whole lot in common with CNN. By October, he had hired on Andrew Kaczynski and his BuzzFeed team of trolls. And it’s that team of trolls that is now at the center of CNN’s latest scandal.

CNN had already lost 3 reporters from its investigative unit over a fake news Trump-Russia hit piece. Instead of enmeshing President Trump in scandals, its investigative unit is deeply enmeshed in scandal.

Trump’s War on the Big Boss of Fake News

I'm tired of fake news.

People don't need to be told what to think, just give us the facts and let us decide for ourselves.

I'm old enough to remember the news actually doing that.

Most decent journalism is done at the local level nowadays.

NaziCon spin is hilarious! Trump's Forrest Gump base will never admit defeat - until maybe after Trumpcare becomes the law of the land.

I'm tired of fake news.

People don't need to be told what to think, just give us the facts and let us decide for ourselves.

I'm old enough to remember the news actually doing that.

Most decent journalism is done at the local level nowadays.

I agree.

I'm also old enough (77) to remember when this country had a legitimate free press. I remember something called “investigative reporting” whereby news agencies vigorously and fearlessly sought the truth. All of that is gone, replaced by an agenda-driven press which withholds the truth and in many cases simply lies to the entire country.

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

The scandals of CNN are small beer compared to the Trump story.
And Mueller will see to it that the Orange Clown won't see out his first term.
Of course, it will all be 'Fake News', and 'What about the Clintons?' from th deplorables.

AR-170119874.jpg&MaxW=600

Of course, it will all be 'Fake News', and 'What about the Clintons?' from th deplorables.

Hey neanderthal clown, I wouldn't be surprised to see obongo, clinton's, holder, lynch and other lefties going to jail. I think the bunch of criminals won't mind because the left is infatuated with them. The dumbos never learn, the press has turned more dumbos to vote for the right, thank you MSM. Later cave man...:bye1:

Meanwhile in reality:

Hard left reporter finds it misogynist that she can't ask more questions than the rules allow.

Last edited:
funny thing about fake news, they have the propensity to report news that only a minority of people deem fake ...

woe is them.

The latest figures for Trump include 28% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 45% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -17. (see trends).

Rasmussen ^^^^^

Just because the Trumptards think Trump is winning some sort of battle with the media hardly makes it true.

the longer, and louder they whine conjuring up excuses only defines how deep the shitpile is hes losing to.

Typical Trump supporter, can't deliver a cogent argument, just vitriol and insults. Nice people!

Trump won this one. CNN has become the symbol of shoddy reporting and yellow journalism and there's precious little it can do to regain its reputation.

The reactions of their "journalists" is telling enough.

The media conglomerates need trust-busted, that would go a long way to fixing things, as would FCC fines for misrepresentation of facts.

How much should Trump be fined for the 669 falsehoods that he has committed this year?

How much should you be fined for the more than double that amount of falsehoods you've posted on just this one messageboard?

If I had a nickel for every one, I could go out to eat.

The media conglomerates need trust-busted, that would go a long way to fixing things, as would FCC fines for misrepresentation of facts.

How much should Trump be fined for the 669 falsehoods that he has committed this year?

How much should you be fined for the more than double that amount of falsehoods you've posted on just this one messageboard?

List ten. Or shut the fuck up.

We must forgive NYcabbie. His lies are borne of anguish and butt-hurt, anguish and butt-hurt, anguish and butt-hurt.

It's the decent thing to do.

CNN's too, but they're seeking to profit.

So far it seems the far right controls the application of labels and names to fit their agenda, and all they have to do is to define the far right to fit their argument.

There is no Far Right in this country.

Only a Far Left, instituted by Joseph Stalin's BFF, Franklin Roosevelt.

The Right endorses the Constitution.
Roosevelt ended that.

1. Franklin Roosevelt threw the United States Constitution under the bus, and used the public fisc for all sorts of endeavors not authorized in Article 1, section 8.

A radical and Progressive position.

He was the ultimate "Far Leftist."

2. Under Franklin Roosevelt the federal government was transformed from one of limited & enumerated powers only to the Frankensteinian monster it is today. ....the regulatory welfare state where the federal government regulates business and commerce, natural resources, human resources, ...
Under the Progressives, the federal government was no longer limited by the enumerated powers delegated in the Constitution; ...

Radical to the utmost....hence Far Left.

3. Under Roosevelt's NRA, most manufacturing industries were suddenly forced into government-mandated cartels. Codes that regulated prices and terms of sale briefly transformed much of the American economy into a fascist-style arrangement,
"... into a fascist-style arrangement,..."
"A New Jersey tailor named Jacob Maged was arrested and sent to jail for the “crime” of pressing a suit of clothes for 35 cents rather than the NRA-inspired “Tailor’s Code” of 40 cents."
No surprise here: FDR's New Deal was a copy of Mussolini's economic program.

Could anything short of setting up concentration camps for our citizens, be more radical???

Oh...wait....that too.

Anything in this post you can deny??

Of course not.

Paul Hill, an ordained MINISTER, acted out on his CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN beliefs by murdering an abortion doctor.

I'm not surprised that you don't consider that radical.

List ten. Or shut the fuck up.

There is no 'Right wing extremism.'

As is always important when dealing with Leftists, Liberals.....let's define terms.

The term 'extreme right wing' and 'extreme left wing' are relative to some understood center.

To be "extreme" one's positions must be radical relative to that center.
American traditions, values, and history represent that center.

The premise
here is that, if I can show that the values called 'Extreme Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center, well then, they cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "extreme."

"Radical" is important to the discussion. It means
"especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" (see Google.)

There are so very many ways to prove same.....

Let's take as an example, traditional marriage, that involves one man and one woman, and compare that with homosexual marriage..
....which is the radical position?
Hence, Leftist extremism.

Need convincing? Well, a common social reference is 'the nuclear family.' It has always menant:
" a family group that consists only of father, mother, and children" Definition of NUCLEAR FAMILY

How about 'traditional family'?
"A traditional family is a family structure that consists of a man, woman and one or more of their biological or adopted children. In most traditional families, the man and woman are husband and wife." Traditional Family: Definition & Concept | Study.com

So....as far as the concept of marriage and family, where do we find the radical position?
The Left.
Hence, 'Extreme Left.'
So far, far from the center, that they cannot point to a single philosopher, sage, or religious leader throughout history who has endorsed homosexual marriage.

If you have used the fallacy "'Right wing extremism" or never considered its usage, see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

Jesus, you just don't learn do you? You persist with your copy and paste rants wasting all our time with false information.

Right and left wing terminology are not relative to an understood "center" like you claim. I don't know where you get that but it is false. The center comes from people who adopt both left and right wing values.

If you have used the fallacy "Far Right," see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

Keep trying....and wipe that drool off your chin.

Uh, idiot, the 'far right' consists of those with the most conservative positions on the issues. There is always a 'far right', because it's relative. Have someone explain that to you.
Dude, I've tried explaining it several times and she just responds with wordy rants that she copy and pastes from god knows where.

lol, I can top that. I beat her up so badly in these debates, over the years, on all these same topics, that she shit herself and put me on ignore.

Ugly as it is, I have her head on the wall. lololol

Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?

EPIC FAIL

Even Barack Obama himself thought he could decide who works and who doesn't.

Obama Promised Unemployment Rate at 5.6% After Stimulus… Today It’s at 8.3% Instead

Obama Promised Unemployment Rate at 5.6% After Stimulus... Today It's at 8.3% Instead - Conservative News

He never promised that.

It's different for him though..

It's simpler than that.

Conservatives SUPPORT criminal enterprises like the Trump University con because in their perverted view of the world they see that is savvy free enterprise. They see a billionaire like Trump scamming hardworking Americans out their savings as a great example of how the free market should work.

Really? Want to discuss such Democratic Party luminaries like the Clintons, James Johnson as head of Fannie Mae, Barney Frank, and a few dozen others that are all about protecting Goldman Sachs, AIG, and a dozen other 'too big to fail' crime syndicates, that also have such wonderful 'progressive organizations' like ACORN on their graft payrolls?

I want to hear you condemn Trump's criminal enterprise called Trump University, or tacitly endorse it.

Take your pick.

Yes, you don't want to discuss who got the whole shit train rolling that caused people to lose their savings. lol @ 'Trump University'. You trying to sell that as causing anywhere near the problems your Democratic insiders caused???? Seriously???? lol

because your story is horseshit and my story is the truth.

Trump lost 23 MILLION DOLLARS because of his Trump University con game and you think the OP has a good case?

Goddam you people are retarded.
It's different for him though..

It's simpler than that.

Conservatives SUPPORT criminal enterprises like t
Provide a public option and we can all see what is the most efficient public or private.

That's the best 'fix' for Obamacare if we're going to stay in that approach to healthcare.
Instead of demanding I pay for those who won't, why don't you demand that people take responsibility for their own life?
he Trump University con because in their perverted view of the world they see that is savvy free enterprise. They see a billionaire like Trump scamming hardworking Americans out their savings as a great example of how the free market should work.

CNN plus MSNBC (splitting the non-Trumptard audience) are beating Foxnews handily now.

Instead of demanding I pay for those who won't, why don't you demand that people take responsibility for their own life?
You're already paying for those who don't.

Those expensive ER visits that people access for "free" because they have nothing else? You're paying for that.

Those expensive treatments that could have been caught early if the uncovered patient had access to preventive and diagnostic coverage? You're paying for that.

Those extremely low co-pays that Medicaid recipients get to pay? You're paying for that.

When the hospitals and treatment centers get STIFFED by people who have high deductibles and can't afford them? You're paying for that.

Yay! Freedom!

:spinner:
So then there is no need for Me to pay a second time, is there?

Do you understand that dependency is not compassion?

BTW.....why didn't you answer My question?

Why don't the industrialized nations of the world who do provide universal healthcare have more problems with poverty than we do?
Again with the false equivalence. Answer My question.

You want poor children to die for lack of healthcare. You want poor children to fail for lack of an education.

We get it.

Provide a public option and we can all see what is the most efficient public or private.

That's the best 'fix' for Obamacare if we're going to stay in that approach to healthcare.
:cheeky-smiley-018:
That's enough scrolling for now. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Forum List

Back