How CNN took on President Trump and lost

I'm tired of fake news.

People don't need to be told what to think, just give us the facts and let us decide for ourselves.

I'm old enough to remember the news actually doing that.

Most decent journalism is done at the local level nowadays.

I agree.

I'm also old enough (77) to remember when this country had a legitimate free press. I remember something called “investigative reporting” whereby news agencies vigorously and fearlessly sought the truth. All of that is gone, replaced by an agenda-driven press which withholds the truth and in many cases simply lies to the entire country.

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you a devoted Glenn Beck fan?

I'm tired of fake news.

People don't need to be told what to think, just give us the facts and let us decide for ourselves.

I agree.

I'm also old enough (77) to remember when this country had a legitimate free press. I remember something called “investigative reporting” whereby news agencies vigorously and fearlessly sought the truth. All of that is gone, replaced by an agenda-driven press which withholds the truth and in many cases simply lies to the entire country.

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

Never. I never liked the man.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

Never. I never liked the man.

Not asking you.

funny thing about fake news, they have the propensity to report news that only a minority of people deem fake ...

woe is them.

The latest figures for Trump include 28% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 45% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -17. (see trends).

Rasmussen ^^^^^
Are those the same poles that said hildabeast was going to win by a landslide over Trump. The same poles turned the left-wing into snowflake/crybabies...:rofl:

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

The Professor

Soros again?

He backs Jared Kusner, but you're fine with that?

Maybe you didn't the right wing links I posted in the Cheetolini forum? Just scroll on down there and read it.

As for CNN, all legit journalists are watching the lying Agent Orange being shown up for the common criminal he is.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

The Professor

Oh but, you're correct.

I wonder if anyone here has watched the documentary I've posted about so many times.

On You Tube -

Orwell Rolls In His Grave.

The media conglomerates need trust-busted, that would go a long way to fixing things, as would FCC fines for misrepresentation of facts.

How much should Trump be fined for the 669 falsehoods that he has committed this year?

How much should you be fined for the more than double that amount of falsehoods you've posted on just this one messageboard?

If I had a nickel for every one, I could go out to eat.

When you defend Trump, you are going to tell a lot of whoppers. Give me a nickel for every lie you people tell and I could be a millionaire.

The polls clearly show that voters don't like the media nor do they like Trump's attacks on the media. However they trust the media more than they trust Trump.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

The Professor

Soros again?

He backs Jared Kusner, but you're fine with that?

Maybe you didn't the right wing links I posted in the Cheetolini forum? Just scroll on down there and read it.

As for CNN, all legit journalists are watching the lying Agent Orange being shown up for the common criminal he is.

You are not worth my time.

The media conglomerates need trust-busted, that would go a long way to fixing things, as would FCC fines for misrepresentation of facts.

How much should Trump be fined for the 669 falsehoods that he has committed this year?

How much should you be fined for the more than double that amount of falsehoods you've posted on just this one messageboard?

If I had a nickel for every one, I could go out to eat.

When you defend Trump, you are going to tell a lot of whoppers. Give me a nickel for every lie you people tell and I could be a millionaire.
Snowflakes and the fake news have been telling all the whoppers, hosebag. One "smoking gun" after the other has dissolved into shit.How long can this circus go on? By the time 2020 rolls around no one want to be associated with the term "Democrat."

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I was never a devoted fan. I merely listened to him back in the 1990s. My primary news source then and now is the Drudge Report. Perhaps you remember that back in October of last year, you claimed that Beck was my hero. I responded to your foolish unfounded claim, and I did so with what I consider adequate specificity. You didn't get the message then; perhaps you'll get it now. Here is what I said back then and I have nothing to add:

“I don't know where you got the silly idea that Glenn Beck is my hero. He is not now, nor has he ever been, my hero so your assumption is without basis. Of course, it could be that your idea of a hero is not the same as mine.
“I have previously informed those on this site that years ago I watched Glenn Beck's show. At that time he was reporting news that you couldn't get on the MSM. It was Glenn Beck who single handedly caused the fall of socialist and racists Van Jones (Obama's Green-Jobs Czar) and forced him to resign. The MSM didn't want to go near the story and when they did mention his name it was only to announce his resignation (no reason was given). Glenn Beck was also the first one to openly discussing the dangers of the Arab Brotherhood and Islamic terrorists. Our country would be in better shape today if everyone had listened to his revelations and heeded his warning.

“Way back then Beck's reporting was bold, accurate and praiseworthy. What made him special was that he proved everything he said when he said it. I didn't think Van Jones was a racist socialist because Glenn Beck said so. I knew he was a racist socialist because Glenn Beck showed videos of what Van Jones said and produced copies of what he had written. I didn't think the goal of the Arab Brotherhood was to establish a global caliphate because Glenn Beck said so. I believed it because Beck provided video and documentary evidence which proved it conclusively. I stopped watching Beck a long time ago because he abandoned his format and became far less of a newsman and more of a sensationalist. He began spewing unsupported opinions that fell far short of being news. Then he made bold promises of forthcoming world-changing revelations that never materialized and that caused him to lose the credibility he once had.

“You asked me what I thought about Glenn Becks opinion of Trump. I am slightly offended by your question because you seem to accuse me of giving credence to someone's unsupported opinion. For your enlightenment, Glenn Beck's opinion means nothing to me. I don't believe something to be true just because a well-known personality said it. I insist on evidence. When I was a child I believed what adults said. Hell, I believed in Santa Clause because my parents said he was real. When I become an adult I realized that people exaggerate and lie and, sadly, far too many people express strong opinions on subjects they know little or nothing about. I may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I'm certainly not the dimmest. I have an MBA and a JD (Juris Doctorate) and can think for myself. I am more than capable of evaluating what people say and arrive at my own conclusions.

“In closing, I will say that way back in the 1990s I watched Glenn Beck's show but I stopped watching years years ago when his program stopped being a reliable source of news. However, I will add that anyone who denies that Beck was once worthy of admiration is a damn fool. I don't know why so many hate him and I don't care. I believe I have judged him fairly over the years and that is the end of the matter.”

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You think you're smarter than others and you're not. My primary news source is the Internet, especially The Drudge Report. In addition to getting my news in printed form, years ago I also I listened to Beck on TV. I watched him because he was the only one reporting on certain issues. You obviously believe that those who watched Beck are somehow inferior to those who did not, which tells me you are a very ignorant man. If you think that those who watched Beck a long time ago didn't also have at least one other source of news, you are a fool. As for me, I'm a speed reader so I get most of my news in printed form. If you get your news from the TV set I probably get 3-4 times as much information as you do. It's even higher than that considering that I don't have to waste time listening to commercials and I select what I want to read instead of hearing only what the talking heads want me to hear.

I have two questions for you: (1) where do you go to get the news; and (2) is your life so empty and meaningless that you have to focus on my listening to Beck back in the 1990s? Get a life, dude. I have always maintained that I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier; however, you have the intellectual luminosity of single flickering birthday candle.

Conclusion: People who watched Beck back in the 1990s knew things that others did not. That makes them better informed. If you had listened to Beck back then you would be smarter than you now are. Why you preferred to live in darkness I neither know nor care.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I was never a devoted fan. I merely listened to him back in the 1990s. My primary news source then and now is the Drudge Report. Perhaps you remember that back in October of last year, you claimed that Beck was my hero. I responded to your foolish unfounded claim, and I did so with what I consider adequate specificity. You didn't get the message then; perhaps you'll get it now. Here is what I said back then and I have nothing to add:

“I don't know where you got the silly idea that Glenn Beck is my hero. He is not now, nor has he ever been, my hero so your assumption is without basis. Of course, it could be that your idea of a hero is not the same as mine.
“I have previously informed those on this site that years ago I watched Glenn Beck's show. At that time he was reporting news that you couldn't get on the MSM. It was Glenn Beck who single handedly caused the fall of socialist and racists Van Jones (Obama's Green-Jobs Czar) and forced him to resign. The MSM didn't want to go near the story and when they did mention his name it was only to announce his resignation (no reason was given). Glenn Beck was also the first one to openly discussing the dangers of the Arab Brotherhood and Islamic terrorists. Our country would be in better shape today if everyone had listened to his revelations and heeded his warning.

“Way back then Beck's reporting was bold, accurate and praiseworthy. What made him special was that he proved everything he said when he said it. I didn't think Van Jones was a racist socialist because Glenn Beck said so. I knew he was a racist socialist because Glenn Beck showed videos of what Van Jones said and produced copies of what he had written. I didn't think the goal of the Arab Brotherhood was to establish a global caliphate because Glenn Beck said so. I believed it because Beck provided video and documentary evidence which proved it conclusively. I stopped watching Beck a long time ago because he abandoned his format and became far less of a newsman and more of a sensationalist. He began spewing unsupported opinions that fell far short of being news. Then he made bold promises of forthcoming world-changing revelations that never materialized and that caused him to lose the credibility he once had.

“You asked me what I thought about Glenn Becks opinion of Trump. I am slightly offended by your question because you seem to accuse me of giving credence to someone's unsupported opinion. For your enlightenment, Glenn Beck's opinion means nothing to me. I don't believe something to be true just because a well-known personality said it. I insist on evidence. When I was a child I believed what adults said. Hell, I believed in Santa Clause because my parents said he was real. When I become an adult I realized that people exaggerate and lie and, sadly, far too many people express strong opinions on subjects they know little or nothing about. I may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier but I'm certainly not the dimmest. I have an MBA and a JD (Juris Doctorate) and can think for myself. I am more than capable of evaluating what people say and arrive at my own conclusions.

“In closing, I will say that way back in the 1990s I watched Glenn Beck's show but I stopped watching years years ago when his program stopped being a reliable source of news. However, I will add that anyone who denies that Beck was once worthy of admiration is a damn fool. I don't know why so many hate him and I don't care. I believe I have judged him fairly over the years and that is the end of the matter.”

You think you're smarter than others and you're not. My primary news source is the Internet, especially The Drudge Report. In addition to getting my news in printed form, years ago I also I listened to Beck on TV. I watched him because he was the only one reporting on certain issues. You obviously believe that those who watched Beck are somehow inferior to those who did not, which tells me you are a very ignorant man. If you think that those who watched Beck a long time ago didn't also have at least one other source of news, you are a fool. As for me, I'm a speed reader so I get most of my news in printed form. If you get your news from the TV set I probably get 3-4 times as much information as you do. It's even higher than that considering that I don't have to waste time listening to commercials and I select what I want to read instead of hearing only what the talking heads want me to hear.

I have two questions for you: (1) where do you go to get the news; and (2) is your life so empty and meaningless that you have to focus on my listening to Beck back in the 1990s? Get a life, dude. I have always maintained that I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier; however, you have the intellectual luminosity of single flickering birthday candle.

Conclusion: People who watched Beck back in the 1990s knew things that others did not. That makes them better informed. If you had listened to Beck back then you would be smarter than you now are. Why you preferred to live in darkness I neither know nor care.

Next, you'll tell me that you don't care what I think.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I already did but it went right over your head.

Now I am done with your silly obsession with me listening to Beck back in the 1990s. I have given this issue all the time it's worth so you'll have to play without me.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

Now I am done with your silly obsession with me listening to Beck back in the 1990s. I have given all the time this thing is worth so you'll have to play without me.

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

I'm tired of fake news.

I agree.

Joseph Pulitzer

Now I am done with your silly obsession with me listening to Beck back in the 1990s. I have given all the time this thing is worth so you'll have to play without me.

Awwww! Come on! Don't be that way!

Forum List

Back