How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

It's English, not Hebrew, so you're wrong. Move on.

The original language in which Genesis was written was Hebrew. Hebrew is a language of images (i.e. day to demonstrate a period of time that has a beginning and an end) whereas English is a very subjective language (i.e. a period of time). It's good to know these things as we move on through the Bible. ;)
ding's Catholic church teaches that the story of Genesis happened as written. Sure, not all sects see it that way, but ding's does.

It's English, not Hebrew, so you're wrong. Move on.

The original language in which Genesis was written was Hebrew. Hebrew is a language of images (i.e. day to demonstrate a period of time that has a beginning and an end) whereas English is a very subjective language (i.e. a period of time). It's good to know these things as we move on through the Bible. ;)
ding's Catholic church teaches that the story of Genesis happened as written. Sure, not all sects see it that way, but ding's does.
Ahhh, the joy of discussing religion with a troll. Thank you for proving my point that atheists have no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure.

Holy Deflection Batman!!!

So what denomination are you that believes these heretic concepts of the bible?

Catholics for one. It was the theory I was taught decades ago in Catholic school. Remember, there are actually very few denominations that teach an extremely literal view of the Bible. Which of these denomination(s) are you thinking of?
ding is too embarrassed to say which denomination he is.
It's not a big secret. It's in my profile, lol.
"catholic". As if, lol. The pope believes the story of genesis is true. When you get to hell, remember, don't pass Adolf the salt. :lol:
I see. Now you will resort to childish games. That is not uncommon when someone has been defeated on the intellectual battlefield. Unfortunately for you, I don't care what you believe about me or my faith. Go right ahead. It's all you have.
As you denying that your Catholic faith sees Genesis as having happened as written?

Catholics for one. It was the theory I was taught decades ago in Catholic school. Remember, there are actually very few denominations that teach an extremely literal view of the Bible. Which of these denomination(s) are you thinking of?
"catholic". As if, lol. The pope believes the story of genesis is true. When you get to hell, remember, don't pass Adolf the salt. :lol:
I see. Now you will resort to childish games. That is not uncommon when someone has been defeated on the intellectual battlefield. Unfortunately for you, I don't care what you believe about me or my faith. Go right ahead. It's all you have.
As you denying that your Catholic faith sees Genesis as having happened as written?
Dude, you are getting pummeled here. I don't think this is turning out like you think it is. People are laughing at you. I know in your little pee brain you think this is playing out differently, but it really is more like the scene from Beerfest where Badernath thought he was getting it with a beautiful girl only to discover differently the next morning. It is not possible that you are having as much fun as I am.

Ding's Catholic church teaches that the story of Genesis happened as written. Sure, not all sects see it that way, but ding's does.

I am a member of "Ding's Catholic Church." The Church teaches that God is Creator, but it does not teach God as magician. As I said before, Catholics are taught the Big Bang theory--and we have no problem with it. Nor does any modern day pope.

Dude, you are getting pummeled here. I don't think this is turning out like you think it is. People are laughing at you. I know in your little pee brain you think this is playing out differently, but it really is more like the scene from Beerfest where Badernath thought he was getting it with a beautiful girl only to discover differently the next morning. It is not possible that you are having as much fun as I am.
So that's a yes? Good for you.

Ding's Catholic church teaches that the story of Genesis happened as written. Sure, not all sects see it that way, but ding's does.

I am a member of "Ding's Catholic Church." The Church teaches that God is Creator, but it does not teach God as magician. As I said before, Catholics are taught the Big Bang theory--and we have no problem with it. Nor does any modern day pope.
You're lucky the pope recently moved the goalposts on the Big Bang, it was about time. But don't even try to tell me that the Catholic Church doesn't see the events in the bible as having happened as written. You know you'd be lying if you did.

lol. I have never seen anyone take such a beating as you and still come back for more. Bravo.

lol. I have never seen anyone take such a beating as you and still come back for more. Bravo.
You're too embarrassed to say that I'm right. I understand, you have no honour.

You're too embarrassed to say that I'm right. I understand, you have no honour.
No. I am laughing at you too hard to see my keyboard. Everyone is laughing at you. The troll has been trolled.

You're lucky the pope recently moved the goalposts on the Big Bang, it was about time. But don't even try to tell me that the Catholic Church doesn't see the events in the bible as having happened as written. You know you'd be lying if you did.

Recently? How old are you? The Church commented on the Big Bang theory almost as soon as it became widely circulated. It's been in play my entire life--and I'm no longer young.

The Church, as a whole, provides apostolic interpretation (handed down by Christ and the Apostles two thousand years ago). We avoid new Reformation interpretation (handed down five hundred years ago). When it comes to the Old Testament, the Church takes into account Hebrew interpretation--and the Catholic bible footnotes any place where the Catholic and Hebrew interpretation diverge.

The Church believing the Bible happening as written is very different from the Church believing it happened as you believe it happened. The Church comes from the philosophical/religious perspective--not from the scientific perspective that you are trying to push. Back as far as the fifteen hundreds, a Catholic theologian noted that the Bible teaches how to go to heaven--not how goes the heavens. When it comes to theology/philosophy, Catholics focus on the former, not the latter. When we want to learn about how goes the heavens, we put down the Bible (theology/philosophy) and pick up a science book. There is room in our minds for both. With most Catholics it is not one or the other--but both.

The Church believing the Bible happening as written is very different from the Church believing it happened as you believe it happened.
I believe that the events didn't happen at all as written, and science backs me up. If you're trying to say that Catholics don't believe the bible happened as written, then you'd be wrong. You could say that Catholics are being forced to renounce what's in the bible because of science, but they've been against scientific discoveries for a long time.

I believe that the events didn't happen at all as written, and science backs me up. If you're trying to say that Catholics don't believe the bible happened as written, then you'd be wrong. You could say that Catholics are being forced to renounce what's in the bible because of science, but they've been against scientific discoveries for a long time.

Give me a specific example. Catholics are not required to believe that creation took place in six twenty-four hour days--and most don't.

Basic Beliefs of Catholicism - dummies

Give me a specific example. Catholics are not required to believe that creation took place in six twenty-four hour days--and most don't.
"Catholics are, first and foremost, Christians who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Catholicism shares some beliefs with other Christian practices, but essential Catholic beliefs include the following: The Bible is the inspired, error-free, and revealed word of God."

"Catholics also believe that since Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, all humans are born with original sin, which only Baptism removes"

Basic Beliefs of Catholicism - dummies

"Catholics are, first and foremost, Christians who believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Catholicism shares some beliefs with other Christian practices, but essential Catholic beliefs include the following: The Bible is the inspired, error-free, and revealed word of God."

"Catholics also believe that since Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden, all humans are born with original sin, which only Baptism removes"

So?

So?
Catholics follow a more literal interpretation of the bible.

So we both agree that you're wrong. Good for you.

Grin. Again, you know what your own mind says...but that is not necessarily reality. You know so little about Catholicism and religion it's difficult to have a meaningful theological discussion. We're at the point that we agree that words are made up of letters. Any further agreement is probably stretching things.

Forum List

Back