🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How cool are Ford Focus ST's?

Godboy

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2008
I think most hatchbacks look terrible, but i love these turbo charged ST's. They come out of the factory with a top speed of 155 mph, but its really easy to tune them for A LOT more horsepower, though most of that power goes towards 2-4th gear, but thats where you spend most of your driving.

I was thinking i was going to buy a Honda Accord Coupe, but i think ill get one of these instead and have it tuned by Ford Performance, which doesnt void the warranty.

avant_garde_m310_18x85_matteblack_ford_focus_st_pb-img001.JPG

gunsmoke-lamin-x-headlight-tint-17_1.jpg

Last edited:
I think most hatchbacks look terrible, but i love these turbo charged ST's. They come out of the factory with a top speed of 155 mph, but its really easy to tune them for A LOT more horsepower, though most of that power goes towards 2-4th gear, but thats where you spend most of your driving.

I was thinking i was going to buy a Honda Accord Coupe, but i think ill get one of these instead and have it tuned by Ford Performance, which doesnt void the warranty.

I think we need a direct comparison. Mostly I'm into things folks keep running now which don't have stickers crying out how cool they are.

That said, its a pretty decent looking car in either the yellow or the blue. Just keep them from installing all the "look how cool I'm trying to be" stickers on it.

From what I read and seen in youtube videos, the Civic Type R has a lot more power. Top speed advertised 170. Actual top speed on autobahn: 176.

Honda Civic Type R Exceeds Official Top Speed In Autobahn Test

5 out of 5 stars by Car and Driver:

2019 Honda Civic Type R Reviews | Honda Civic Type R Price, Photos, and Specs | Car and Driver

In a head to head test, the Type R beat the Focus RS. It would eat your Focus ST for lunch. It's stopping distance was shorter than the Acura NSX 200 thousand dollar supercar. It pulled 1.02G's on the skidpad, unheard of for a FWD car. It was also the fastest FWD car ever tested by C and D.

2017 Ford Focus RS vs. 2017 Honda Civic Type R | Comparison Test | Car and Driver

Last edited:
I just spent most of the day in one as a good friend has a 2013 and has tuned it with an upgraded exhaust, cold air intake, larger iintercooler, upgraded ignition coil, lighter alloy wheels, better tires, and a few other mods. It puts out over three hundred horsepower now. I've driven it and it is a blast, and handles very well. It is also a relatively practical daily driver as it has four doors, and the hatch so you can actually put stuff in it.

Last edited:
From what I read and seen in youtube videos, the Civic Type R has a lot more power. Top speed 170.

If you want a Focus with power, get the Focus RS. Top speed 170.

I'll say go with the acceleration numbers not top speed unless you somehow have enough empty roads to use that. In this 24/7 society I'm having trouble finding those roads around here.

Ford Focus ST's

what year(s), what co$t$ ???

my 'summer' ride is a bone stock (Speed Yellow) 2000 Boxster S, factory rated @ 162 MPH but I have only had it up to 150. :113:

speed yellow 2000 boxster s - Google Search

Last edited:
From what I read and seen in youtube videos, the Civic Type R has a lot more power. Top speed 170.

If you want a Focus with power, get the Focus RS. Top speed 170.

I'll say go with the acceleration numbers not top speed unless you somehow have enough empty roads to use that. In this 24/7 society I'm having trouble finding those roads around here.

It's made for the track but street legal. It's pretty much a 35000 dollar race car. With a top speed exceeding manufacturers specs by several mph thats very impressive.

I love Honda’s! Wish they still made the Prelude.
From what I read and seen in youtube videos, the Civic Type R has a lot more power. Top speed advertised 170. Actual top speed on autobahn: 176.

2019 Honda Civic Type R Reviews | Honda Civic Type R Price, Photos, and Specs | Car and Driver

In a head to head test, the Type R beat the Focus RS. It would eat your Focus ST for lunch. It's stopping distance was shorter than the Acura NSX 200 thousand dollar supercar.

2017 Ford Focus RS vs. 2017 Honda Civic Type R | Comparison Test | Car and Driver

In a head to head test, the Type R beat the Focus RS. It would eat your Focus ST for lunch. It's stopping distance was shorter than the Acura NSX 200 thousand dollar supercar. It pulled 1.02G's on the skidpad, unheard of for a FWD car. It was also the fastest FWD car ever tested by C and D.

The type R is cool, but its a bit too outlandish looking for me. They are quick as shit though.

Ford Focus ST's

my 'summer' ride is a bone stock (Speed Yellow) 2000 Boxster S, factory rated @ 162 MPH but I have only had it up to 150. :113:

Im thinking like a 2016 with 20k miles or so, which is about 18-20 thousand, sticker price. Im going to pay cash, so i should be able to get a better deal than that.

If i could afford a Focus RS, id buy one for sure. I want one bad, but its out of my league unfortunately.

Ford Focus ST's

Im thinking like a 2016 with 20k miles or so, which is about 18-20 thousand, sticker price. Im going to pay cash, so i should be able to get a better deal than that.

Got it; not familiar with the model but I assume these are not common?

Ford Focus ST's

Not super common, and they sell quickly on Cargurus.

Ford Focus ST's

Not super common, and they sell quickly on Cargurus.

I assume if they are not common & they don't pop up often, then you have to be ready to snag one pretty quick, or it's gone.

Good luck locating one you want.

The type R is cool, but its a bit too outlandish looking for me. They are quick as shit though.

If it makes you feel better, its so fast you won't have to look at it long and you can't see its crazy looks from the inside. The reviews actually say if you can tolerate the looks the performance is incredible.

If it makes you feel better, its so fast you won't have to look at it long and you can't see its crazy looks from the inside. The reviews actually say if you can tolerate the looks the performance is incredible.

I think it’s something that may grow on you. I’m not a fan of any ride that has a huge goofy spoiler. People actually bought the AMC Gremlins and Pacers, believe it or not. This ones a beauty queen compared with those. I’m sure it rides amazing. Got to be a blast to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back