How could Britain change after Brexit?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Radio 4

The Brexit Lab

How could Britain change after Brexit? With a year to go before the UK leaves the European Union, much of the current debate is focussed on the fate of the negotiations. But are we thinking hard enough about what might come after any deal with the EU? This programme will explore the opportunities for policy experimentation post-Brexit.

Iain Martin talks to policy-makers, experts and campaigners about the ideas which could come to fruition after 29 March 2019 - both in the short and long term. From the way we work to the environment, he asks how we could do things differently once the UK is no longer bound by EU rules and asks how much appetite is there for new ideas across the political spectrum. He finds some surprising alliances being forged and hears from those who are enthusiastic or sceptical about the scope for innovation.

BBC Radio 4 - The Brexit Lab

Britain will become more and more like Pakistan. It's half way there already.

Not sure focusing on recycling is really the way to go. They probably need to do more to promote trade with North & Latin America and the Caribbean.

Not sure focusing on recycling is really the way to go. They probably need to do more to promote trade with North & Latin America and the Caribbean.

I think China and the Far East in general are better prospects, however what do we really have to trade? Much of the economy is service and finance based, so I can see a "take over" by foreign multi-nationals who will swoop in and assett strip the country leaving us with nothing.

The UK had become the New York of the EU and London the NYC of the EU. It was the center for EU finance and insurance services. It also benefitted from foreign investment to become one of the auto manufacturing centers of the EU for non-EU (mostly Japanese) auto companies. It's EU status also insured its status as one of the important Airbus areospace manufacturing centers. What a stupid decision Brexit was.

They'll have less hours in the workplace and more time for cosmetic dentistry procedures. This could be Truly Great.
maxresdefault.jpg

I think China and the Far East in general are better prospects, however what do we really have to trade? Much of the economy is service and finance based, so I can see a "take over" by foreign multi-nationals who will swoop in and assett strip the country leaving us with nothing.

So you think getting in bed with China won't result in them swooping in?

Many people predicted America would fail if they parted from British rule. This is their chance to choose their own autonomy from the Euro-crats.

Forum List

Back