How criminals get guns......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is how criminals get their guns...and why background checks don't matter, or registering guns...or magazine limits.....these things only effect law abiding citizens...the criminals don't do any of these things...

Extrano s Alley a gun blog The history of gun control is perfectly clear. Gun control enables killers.

A report out of Steele, Missouri has almost all the elements of a typical gun used by a criminal’s history.

Briefly quoting the KAIT report linked above:

On December 22, Steele police received information that a teen was attempting to trade a handgun for marijuana, according to a news release from Chief Billy Joe Stanfield.

After locating and seizing the weapon, Stanfield said officers discovered the gun had been stolen during a recent home burglary.

Officers then found and arrested the juvenile suspect. During a search of the home, Stanfield said police discovered more stolen property, along with drug paraphernalia and ammunition.

The only thing lacking in the story is a pusher able to trade a half doze “dime bags” of pot for the gun. Had the thief found one, it is a safe bet that the gun would have been out of town before sundown.

So it is a very good thing for society that the thief busted himself. I wish more gun thieves would follow suit.

That's right. Thugs usually get guns by robbing them from law abiding gun owners. Everyone knows that.

Now....let's put our heads together and figure out how to stop thugs from getting guns from robbing law abiding citizens.

Whatchya got?

That's right. Thugs usually get guns by robbing them from law abiding gun owners. Everyone knows that.

Now....let's put our heads together and figure out how to stop thugs from getting guns from robbing law abiding citizens.

Whatchya got?

Well...we have made it against several laws....and they still do it....perhaps if we ask them politely to stop doing it?

You can't stop them...you can catch them and punish them....for example...this kid stole a gun....put him away for 10 years....word goes through the yard in the Federal Pen....and gradually they will learn to take the T.V. but leave the gun....

Whatchya got?

Well...we have made it against several laws....and they still do it....perhaps if we ask them politely to stop doing it?

You can't stop them...you can catch them and punish them....for example...this kid stole a gun....put him away for 10 years....word goes through the yard in the Federal Pen....and gradually they will learn to take the T.V. but leave the gun....

I'll bet you can think of some other ways if you try hard enough.

Whatchya got?

Hmmmm...nothing that will actually work....background checks...don't work....this kid didn't use one.....gun registration...this kid didn't do it.....even if the original owner did it....doesn't stop any crime with his stolen gun...

So....we are back to long jail sentences...like they have in Japan...or nation wide stop and frisk....that worked in New York.....

Look, there was another guy with a gun in Australia....land of gun control.....again, they were lucky the guy didn't want to kill people....

Whatchya got?

Hmmmm...nothing that will actually work....background checks...don't work....this kid didn't use one.....gun registration...this kid didn't do it.....even if the original owner did it....doesn't stop any crime with his stolen gun...

So....we are back to long jail sentences...like they have in Japan...or nation wide stop and frisk....that worked in New York.....

Look, there was another guy with a gun in Australia....land of gun control.....again, they were lucky the guy didn't want to kill people....

Look. I've watched you post hundreds of times here...mostly about your gun rights. I'm a gun owner. I like my gun rights too. But...I've spent as much time thinking about my responsibilities as I have my rights.

I ask that you spend a few minutes thinking. Just THINKING about ways we can prevent thugs from getting and using our guns. Then...start thinking about whether or not you are willing to take the steps needed to make that a reality.

We all know what doesn't work. We've been doing that for a long time. How about thinking......just thinking...about what might work.

Whatchya got?

Look. I've watched you post hundreds of times here...mostly about your gun rights. I'm a gun owner. I like my gun rights too. But...I've spent as much time thinking about my responsibilities as I have my rights.

I ask that you spend a few minutes thinking. Just THINKING about ways we can prevent thugs from getting and using our guns. Then...start thinking about whether or not you are willing to take the steps needed to make that a reality.

We all know what doesn't work. We've been doing that for a long time. How about thinking......just thinking...about what might work.
Lets see you are suggesting we ban private ownership of firearms as a solution. Guess what? Crooks rob police stations Military armories, National Guard armories and even Gun manufacturing sites. Further they smuggle firearms from other countries in through ports airfields and across our porous southern border.

The only people you disarm by banning firearms are lawful users. making it easier for criminals to know no one is armed when they invade your home, catch you at a store or a bank or other facility.

So as I recall you were upset by the recent police shootings but here you are claiming if we disarm the lawful citizen and only allow crooks and police to have firearms we would be safer?

Whatchya got?

Lets see you are suggesting we ban private ownership of firearms as a solution. Guess what? Crooks rob police stations Military armories, National Guard armories and even Gun manufacturing sites. Further they smuggle firearms from other countries in through ports airfields and across our porous southern border.

The only people you disarm by banning firearms are lawful users. making it easier for criminals to know no one is armed when they invade your home, catch you at a store or a bank or other facility.

So as I recall you were upset by the recent police shootings but here you are claiming if we disarm the lawful citizen and only allow crooks and police to have firearms we would be safer?

I am not suggesting that we ban private ownership of firearms. Why don't you try a little harder to comprehend what others write. I OWN A FIREARM.

We already do everything reasonable...we have federal background checks. There are safes that people can buy.

What do you think....you seem to say you own a gun...what do you think....

Well...a lot of people who are against the owning and carrying of guns also claim that they own guns...and then go on to insist on every anti gun law out there...

Well...a lot of people who are against the owning and carrying of guns also claim that they own guns...and then go on to insist on every anti gun law out there...

Let's establish where you want this discussion to go, shall we? I told you that I own a firearm. Do you believe me when I say that?

Let's establish where you want this discussion to go, shall we? I told you that I own a firearm. Do you believe me when I say that?
Be specific what type of firearm do you own?

Asshole. It's an old Rossi 38 Special.
He isna't being an asshole, we have been down this road a few times....

How, exactly, is asking you that question making me an asshole?

Oh.....I dunno......maybe because you asked it in such a way as to make an accusation that I was lying. You know....like an asshole would. Especially since the type of firearm I own doesn't matter at all.

Now...deny that. That is what an asshole would do.

Oh.....I dunno......maybe because you asked it in such a way as to make an accusation that I was lying. You know....like an asshole would.

Now...deny that. That is what an asshole would do.
Ok explain how a question with no extra words comments or opinions written on a page is some how making an accusation about anything?

Forum List

Back