How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

LOL.Wait...lol

It's true and if you insult them you will forever have made an enemy out of me! :mad:

I thought "Christians" were supposed to turn the other cheek against everything bad and evil?
I thought "Christians" were always supposed to be teaching and preaching, not hating.
Seems thats some hypocrisy coming from your direction now.
Yes Toffeenut Baconsmuggler
Christians struggle to learn forgiveness just like everyone else does.
Heart doctors have to eat right, exercise and take care of their hearts
or they can suffer heart problems and disease like anyone else.
Being a heart doctor doesn't give you a magical license
where you don't have to be as careful as everyone else!

Being a Christian doesn't excuse you or give you special license.
It means taking on the commitment to live by the laws
that Jesus fulfills in spirit.
Those who embrace the Scriptural laws are committed to following those.
Those who enforce natural/Constitutional laws as given by God
can take similar vows to uphold the laws as sacred duty by sworn oath.

Just as Govt officials are held to higher standards by the public,
Church members and leaders also have higher commitments to keep.

Jesus was a fictional character in a fictional book, written by those in power to scare the sheeples into submission.

Then what are you doing in the religion section if you believe that nonsense?
This is an ongoing problem. All recognize the God Haters feel the need fo troll threads they CLAIM to not believe in. They really have no business in a religious discussion if they dont even believe in a god.

They are just here to evangelize. Atheist religion demands it

Jesus was a fictional character in a fictional book, written by those in power to scare the sheeples into submission.

Then what are you doing in the religion section if you believe that nonsense?
This is an ongoing problem. All recognize the God Haters feel the need fo troll threads they CLAIM to not believe in. They really have no business in a religious discussion if they dont even believe in a god.

They are just here to evangelize. Atheist religion demands it
I believe we can respond with reason
and use this as an opportunity to share and grow, regardless of any ill intent originally.

Nonbelievers can ask believers to part company.

But as long as a Believer is addressed or engaged in communication by a nonbeliever, we are not supposed to cut them off or ask them to leave.

With fellow Believers, we are both supposed to follow Matthew 18:15-20 and resolve disagreements in Christ by agreeing on common truth established by Witnesses.

With nonbelievers we can keep offering corrections, where they can decide to leave but we cannot judge or order them to go away. They can ask us to leave them alone (ie if they start a thread or topic and didn't ask to be preached to, that is their discretion).

If they join in and talk to believers on someone else's thread, they are agreeing to engage. So we are supposed to walk and talk with our neighbors and try to resolve what we can help with.

If they are not interested they will leave.

If they are only there to troll, this is challenging us not to take the bait and troll back, but stick to our principles and respond with positive truth and wisdom.

That does more to defuse and dismantle trolling. We need to learn to be more effective.

And the trolling will stop when it is clear it doesn't work.

Thank you Death Angel
I am happy to start a thread for dismantling trolling and derailing.

We can use that to teach by example how to answer without feeding more trolling. I can post a thread, then anyone can post a name of someone trolling them, or better yet a direct link to the post. I can ask the users what the problem is causing the trolling, but use the independent thread to talk it out there. And spare the original thread so it has a chance to get back on track.

Usually by "turning the other cheek" ans using "reverse psychology" the problems dismantle themselves. Lets see if this works....

Last edited:
All I know is that right now I feel like such a horrible Christian. I don't usually cuss but people on here have pushed me to writing this in my signature.
Being Christian doesn't mean you aren't human. It is hard to maintain that sweet Jesus peace when you are bombarded with anti-Christian sentiment. Just take a sec, thank God for the opportunity for you to help the orphans find their Father, and remember the fruit of the Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control.
The next time you'd like to smack someone for mocking the Lord, after everything the Lord has done for them, just ask the Spirit take over. He'll put the right response right in your fingertips. It's his job to convict the hearts of man. Our job to spread the Good News, his to convict.

And stay that course. What you respond with may be overlooked by the non-faithfuls now, but will be recalled on a day when their circumstances are dire and they see no way out. Then what they have learned here may well lead to the most important decision in their lives. So teach.
Jesus defeated Satan in the desert by quoting scripture. Rely on it for your responses. Every answer to every question is there, and it comes from the highest authority, and not from ourselves.
And having a red hot temper myself, I am constantly reminded of my father telling me that you catch more bees with honey than vinegar... And after all, that is what we are doing, catching for Christ's sake.
Hang in there!
Love to you, little Christian girl.
Irish

Last edited:
Great news guys!!! I have really cut back on my cussing!!! :D

Ooh,.. I just googled it and it looks like a cheesecake. Yummy. :yes_text12:

Not really.

Not really what? That you don't have an answer for me or that Jesus wasn't an angry person?
If you look at the string.....you can see I wasn't answering you....I was answering Indeependent.

I don't know where he got the idea Jesus was an angry person.

He was patient but had justified anger when it came to people sinning.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
1. jesus was just another person
2. we don't know for sure if he did have patience
3. christians are no better than anyone else

1. He was also the Son of God

2. Yes we do it's called the Bible.

3. Debatable as we sin just like everybody else, but those who know Christ have salvation.
...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish
Hello harmonica. Good to see another player here.
...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish

Read my signature. Do you think I care about your opinions? I don't care anymore and if you don't believe in God,.. then what the heck are you doing here!?! :mad: (You see this is why I lose my patience to people like this.)
hahhahahahahahahaha
still not proof of god

The just shall live by faith.... not by knowledge or by what they are able to prove to doubters or unbelievers. The proof is in their heart.
and that is STLL is not proof
Since you are determined to get proof of faith....
prove love. Define it.
To love someone is to care for their well being.
Totally faith based.
It only matters to you if you feel you love other people or if you feel you are loved by others.
Whether you can prove it or not,
what matters is feeling love.

Forum List

Back