šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

How do Americans and our Democracy benefit from illegal immigration?

We hear the Left beg for more illegals daily. Iā€™m thinking there must be something Iā€™m missing. I mean, shouldnā€™t there be a direct benefit for good Americans in EVERYTHING Americans support and champion?
Does our democracy, our economy, our healthcare or our education system benefit in a way I just canā€™t see?
You're going to have to ask the employers who hire them by the truckload. They are so indispensable in the agriculture business that farmers are coming out and admitting they couldn't function without them.
So ask them.
It sure ain't just Democrats.

You've never been to the border, have you?

Otherwise you would have seen bus loads of farmworkers arrive in the early morning to tend to the winter crops grown in Yuma and the Imperial Valley; then return to Mexico in the evening.
They get paid $10 per hour to start.

If you ever go, look for the old school buses with a spot-a-pot attached to the back.
What I was actually thinking of was a Congressman from Western New York (heavily agricultural) who admitted his constituents -- dairy farmers and also the hotel industry -- would not be able to survive without these illegals. He was a Republican.
I think it's great that some farmworkers can come over and work legally doing day work, but it would be a long commute to Western New York.

National Review sez only 4% work in farm jobs.

Most illegals do not work in agriculture ā€” only about 4 percent of the illegal-immigrant population is employed in farming. In no state is farming the predominant occupation of illegal immigrants; even in places such as California, where labor-intensive fruit-and-vegetable farming attracts a relatively large illegal workforce, the main occupations of illegals are in hospitality (restaurants and hotels), services, and transportation.

Illegal Immigration & American Farming: Economic Myths Debunked | National Review

The PEW Research Center has an illegal immigrant graph.

upload_2018-11-3_13-13-51.png

Occupations of Unauthorized Immigrant Workers

We hear the Left beg for more illegals daily. Iā€™m thinking there must be something Iā€™m missing. I mean, shouldnā€™t there be a direct benefit for good Americans in EVERYTHING Americans support and champion?
Does our democracy, our economy, our healthcare or our education system benefit in a way I just canā€™t see?
You're going to have to ask the employers who hire them by the truckload. They are so indispensable in the agriculture business that farmers are coming out and admitting they couldn't function without them.
So ask them.

Cool, you and your people have said that a million times...surely youā€™ve got the data in front of you...so tell us about this epidemic, how many farms are employing illegals and how many illegals are employed by these farms?
What about Los Angeles, where the bulk of illegals reside, what farms are employing them there?

So youā€™ve come up with ā€œemployers benefit from illegal immigrationā€...awesome analysis.
Can you tell us how the other 280 million Americans benefit?
Can you tell us how illegal immigration is a benefit to our democracy?
Thereā€™s got to be a reason that Lefties continue to advocate for more illegal immigration...no?
First, lefities are not advocating for more illegal immigration. Not wanting to shoot them is NOT advocating for more illegal immigration.
Obama proposed a solution five years ago. Congress demurred. Have they got another plan up their sleeve now? I doubt it. DACA is dead if Congress doesn't come up with legislation by March.

Sorry OL....nobody sane buys that shit.
ā€œWe swear we donā€™t want ā€˜open bordersā€™, we just want to dissolve ICE, we want a pathway to citizenship for the 29 million here illegally now, we want the 1.7 million DACA ā€˜kidsā€™ gifted a form of citizenship and we want future Mexican immigrants to be able to become citizens without all the red tape....but, but, but....we swear, we donā€™t want open borders.ā€
There were 702,250 active DACA recipients as of May 2018. That is about half the number who are eligible. Only 50% or so have enrolled.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Data Tools

President Obama didn't propose giving DACA kids automatic citizenship, but if they're working, have kept their noses clean and are productive in our society, why should they have to go home? If the program ENDS so that it does not become an ongoing "incentive" to jump the border, I don't see why there can't be a solution for those who are already here. Those arriving now will have to tough it out, I guess.

So ask them.

God the left is ignorant. Did you just wake up from the year 1979? Here's some illegals picking Tomato's, oh wait no they have been replaced by machines.

7825_1.jpg

So ask them.
Sure dear employer......I'd like to ask you why you are hiring illegals instead of the legal way to hire them through the Dept of Labor.......................

You have the right to remain silent.......anything you say can be used against you in court.........oh and you have the right to a lawyer.............on your dime...............LOL
Click
When an illegal has assumed another persons identity, they show up legal in the system and the lazy fucks over in the DOL, instead of doing extensive background checks, to see if the 150 year old dead guy is dead, they release the Social Security number as being valid. Thus we see construction crews that cant speak a lick of Engrish..
I've seen them.............yup........ why we need e-verify or better.

So ask them.
There is no doubt that the farm, construction and hotel industry greatly benefit from WORKERS who come here on work visa. That is totally different from a family showing up needing every government benefit there is. I am all for an expanded WORK VISA program combined with a path to citizenship for those who prove themselves over a significant period of time. I am not for wave after wave of illegals showing up saying "I'm ready for my free America stuff". That is formula for disaster.

So ask them.

Otherwise you would have seen bus loads of farmworkers arrive in the early morning to tend to the winter crops grown in Yuma and the Imperial Valley; then return to Mexico in the evening.

If you ever go, look for the old school buses with a spot-a-pot attached to the back.
What I was actually thinking of was a Congressman from Western New York (heavily agricultural) who admitted his constituents -- dairy farmers and also the hotel industry -- would not be able to survive without these illegals. He was a Republican.
I think it's great that some farmworkers can come over and work legally doing day work, but it would be a long commute to Western New York.

Most illegals do not work in agriculture ā€” only about 4 percent of the illegal-immigrant population is employed in farming. In no state is farming the predominant occupation of illegal immigrants; even in places such as California, where labor-intensive fruit-and-vegetable farming attracts a relatively large illegal workforce, the main occupations of illegals are in hospitality (restaurants and hotels), services, and transportation.

Illegal Immigration & American Farming: Economic Myths Debunked | National Review

View attachment 226476

Okay how many welfare queens work on agriculture farms? They dont work....So someone is picking up the slack...Just not being reported, typical of the Lame Stream Media.

So ask them.

View attachment 226476

Thanks, Hoss. That is interesting. We always have that image of a lettuce picker in mind, don't we? One would think the workers in a service industry like hotels or restaurant chains could be caught, wouldn't you? Almost 40% of illegals are in that line of work, according to your graph.
That doesn't mean that what I said about that part of Western New York is wrong, though. I was wondering why dairy farms, myself, but I have heard the same thing from farmers in Wisconsin, too.

Please point out Democrats "begging for more illegals daily".

Lousy capitalists lose money on border policy.

The meat, poultry and egg industries seem to hire alot of illegals. Those industries that do cause wage suppression for American workers in those industries.
The E-Verify system would cut down this significantly if all employers were required to use it nationally in their hiring practices.
Back when the meat packers used good Americans that went through an apprenticeship program you seldom heard of people getting e coli (sp?) from ground beef. Thats because butchers knew what they were doing. Now they give an illegal a knife and put him on the production line. If they punctuer the colon and all the crap gets mixed in with the good meat theyjust tell you to cook it longer so it wonā€™t make you sick. Now you canā€™t eat ground beef or produce without taking a chance of getting sick. I am an ex butcher and if I eat ground beef I buy a roast and grind it myself. Sad what we will put up with because democrats want more voters.

We worry about NRA contributions, but how much money is funneled to legislators via super pacs that keep them dragging their feet about cracking down on hiring illegals?

So ask them.
There is no doubt that the farm, construction and hotel industry greatly benefit from WORKERS who come here on work visa. That is totally different from a family showing up needing every government benefit there is. I am all for an expanded WORK VISA program combined with a path to citizenship for those who prove themselves over a significant period of time. I am not for wave after wave of illegals showing up saying "I'm ready for my free America stuff". That is formula for disaster.
You're being misinformed about illegals coming here needing every government benefit there is. I have put up stats many times about this and so have others, so I guess you folks just don't care, though.

So ask them.

God the left is ignorant. Did you just wake up from the year 1979? Here's some illegals picking Tomato's, oh wait no they have been replaced by machines.

7825_1.jpg
God, you're dense. The Republican Congressman who was speaking the truth for his farm constituents in Western New York was lying? Why would he do that?

So ask them.
You're being misinformed about illegals coming here needing every government benefit there is. I have put up stats many times about this and so have others, so I guess you folks just don't care, though.
I don't need stats from the internet. I've lived in Arizona since the 80s and my wife does hearing tests on illegals and their children. They get many benefits for health, education and food assistance through Federal, state and local programs. That is why they risk their life to come here. They are not all free loaders but many of them are.
And they are ALWAYS frigging late! Or they don't show up because the testing my wife provides is sponsored and free and there is no penalty to them if they are late or don't show. Do you think they would be late for free food handouts? Not a chance.

The meat, poultry and egg industries seem to hire alot of illegals. Those industries that do cause wage suppression for American workers in those industries.
The E-Verify system would cut down this significantly if all employers were required to use it nationally in their hiring practices.
Back when the meat packers used good Americans that went through an apprenticeship program you seldom heard of people getting e coli (sp?) from ground beef. Thats because butchers knew what they were doing. Now they give an illegal a knife and put him on the production line. If they punctuer the colon and all the crap gets mixed in with the good meat theyjust tell you to cook it longer so it wonā€™t make you sick. Now you canā€™t eat ground beef or produce without taking a chance of getting sick. I am an ex butcher and if I eat ground beef I buy a roast and grind it myself. Sad what we will put up with because democrats want more voters.
capitalists saving money.

We worry about NRA contributions, but how much money is funneled to legislators via super pacs that keep them dragging their feet about cracking down on hiring illegals?
natural rights mean nothing to the right wing.

So ask them.
I don't need stats from the internet. I've lived in Arizona since the 80s and my wife does hearing tests on illegals and their children. They get many benefits for health, education and food assistance through Federal, state and local programs. That is why they risk their life to come here. They are not all free loaders but many of them are.
And they are ALWAYS frigging late! Or they don't show up because the testing my wife provides is sponsored and free and there is no penalty to them if they are late or don't show. Do you think they would be late for free food handouts? Not a chance.
I have that problem with my 100% white adult ed students, too. (We're also free.) It frequently has to do with living in poverty and the chaos that causes. No car? You gotta jump in the car and go to the grocery store whenever your friend decides to go. Your power got shut off or your boyfriend beat the tar out of you or two of the kids are sick and you can't take them to the babysitter. Or the babysitter O.D.'d the night before. Or your mother in a town fifty miles away just got thrown in jail. Or you couldn't read the notice telling you to show up for a hearing screening because you're illiterate (or in your wife's case, don't read English.)
The list never ends. I get it.

So ask them.

7825_1.jpg
God, you're dense. The Republican Congressman who was speaking the truth for his farm constituents in Western New York was lying? Why would he do that?

No I'm informed, you on the other hand holy crap refrain from voting or trying to balance your checkbook.

Forum List

Back