How do we stop "the poor" from being so problematic?

What can and or will be done about it politically?
In keeping with current board rhetoric let's not be scared to get real honest here.
Our poor are our worst parents...they create more of their same.
Our poor suck the most government tit.
Our poor commits the most crime.
Our poor does the most drugs.
Our poor drinks and smokes the most.
Our poor have the most children they can't afford.
Our poor litters and vandalizes the most.
Our poor drives uninsured.
Our poor commits the most animal cruelty.
I could go on and on...and no Libby's, let's not deflect and divert to Wall Street criminals, big corporations..blah, blah, blah...Let's get real, let's get serious about our taxpayer draining bottom feeders....Whatta ya say?
If you stop giving free food and healthcare these drains on society will just sponge off their families or maybe get jobs.

And they won’t have that second or third kid.

Poor people in Switzerland don’t have more than one mistake because one egg costs $1. To feed 2 kids you need $4. Get it? No welfare

You know...I doubt many have a problem helping poor folks that have truly fallen on hard times...it’s the baby factories, addicts and criminals that self induce their own shortcomings that nobody takes pleasure in funding.
Lousy management. You like to blame Labor, even in Right to Work States. Yet, there is no actual, right to work even if you need work.

The GOP has been cutting services and opportunities for the poor for 50 years. And you blame the poor? Silly brainwashed GOP dupes.

Go get a fricken job, that should help you fix part of your problem.
Not my problem brainwashed functional moron. I'm happily retired. You GOP tools are so stupid and selfish you believe no one worries about other people and the people and the country in general... Or is it the brainwash? Unbelievable...

And you lefties are so worried about the people that you're willing to go to the great length of demanding that other people pay taxes to fund them. How benevolent you are, not like those evil conservatives. Lol.
The right wing alleges to be the Party of Small Government; end the drug war.

People want cheap because they can't afford expensive.

Companies want cheap labor because they want more net.

The truth is that if a company spent 5% of their net on payroll, they could afford to pay $15.00/hr., but they're greedy and want the 5%.

They're greedy, but the American consumer isn't?

Ever go to a Walmart and see some of the cars those "poor" shoppers are driving?

No, companies don't want more net--companies want more growth. The better the growth of their company, the more investors they can attract.

You think it's about what companies can afford. It's not about that. It's about paying labor what labor is worth. It's about what your competition is paying their employees so you can compete against them.
So they finally managed to borrow a car and and you... It is about screwing the non-rich, super duper dupe.
People didn't just decide to get lazy, the GOP has been cutting their opportunities since Reagan became governor.

You like to use this “cutting” word...Let’s establish some real basic shit that most third graders understand....The poor is not OWED anything PERIOD! You realize that....right? Whatever poor people get is given...not earned...you know that difference...right? Simply existing and breathing oxygen in America does not entitle one to X amount of other people’s money...you know this right?
animals.jpg

welfare-even-in-the-animal-kingdom-if-you-breed-em-28090711.png
we indulge capitalism's natural rate of unemployment, merely for the bottom line of capitalists.

Danny, I would love to engage in a conversation with you but I can never understand what the fuck you’re trying to say. What language do you speak?
This is why nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or the actual issues involved.

The GOP has been cutting services and opportunities for the poor for 50 years. And you blame the poor? Silly brainwashed GOP dupes.

Not my problem brainwashed functional moron. I'm happily retired. You GOP tools are so stupid and selfish you believe no one worries about other people and the people and the country in general... Or is it the brainwash? Unbelievable...

And you lefties are so worried about the people that you're willing to go to the great length of demanding that other people pay taxes to fund them. How benevolent you are, not like those evil conservatives. Lol.

I agree. I'm all for the decriminalization of victimless crimes in general. Ideally, I'd like to see a world where each individual is allowed to say what they want, do with their own property what they want, and treat their own body in whatever way they see fit.

If you got the idea that my motive was to defend right wing authoritarians, you are mistaken. I'm merely pointing out that left wing political views aren't the mark of generosity.

Then how else would you do it?

The theme of the country today is "cheap." We all want cheaper things: cheaper cell phones, cheaper auto repair, cheaper food, cheaper lawn care service........

It's the consumer (not the manufacturer) that determines the wage people get paid. If you want to pay your floor sweepers $20.00 an hour, your toilet cleaners $18.00 an hour, your parts inspectors $25.00 an hour, who is going to buy your products when your competition is paying their employees less than half of what you pay and pass the savings to the customer?

You go to the store to buy a 50' string of Christmas lights for your home. One set costs $28.00, and the other costs $10.00. Which one are you going to buy?

Yes, more than 90% of people will choose the $10.00 set of Christmas lights. But if you are going to manufacture lights that cheap, you can't pay your employees livable wages.

The truth is that if a company spent 5% of their net on payroll, they could afford to pay $15.00/hr., but they're greedy and want the 5%.

Ever go to a Walmart and see some of the cars those "poor" shoppers are driving?

No, companies don't want more net--companies want more growth. The better the growth of their company, the more investors they can attract.

You think it's about what companies can afford. It's not about that. It's about paying labor what labor is worth. It's about what your competition is paying their employees so you can compete against them.
So they finally managed to borrow a car and and you... It is about screwing the non-rich, super duper dupe.
People didn't just decide to get lazy, the GOP has been cutting their opportunities since Reagan became governor.

You like to use this “cutting” word...Let’s establish some real basic shit that most third graders understand....The poor is not OWED anything PERIOD! You realize that....right? Whatever poor people get is given...not earned...you know that difference...right? Simply existing and breathing oxygen in America does not entitle one to X amount of other people’s money...you know this right?
animals.jpg

we indulge capitalism's natural rate of unemployment, merely for the bottom line of capitalists.

In all fairness, part of the reason we "indulge capitalism's natural rate of unemployment" is because we've yet to discover the economic system that's free of hardships and poor people. Capitalism's less than perfect, but it's got a much better track record than centralized economic power.

Retired and a fricken lib? Great, tell your kids to get a fricken job, or your grand-kids....dumbass.

We need more investment in the non-rich cheap training cheaper education so they can rise duh. The only people Democrats want to pay more in taxes are the rich and mainly the mega rich who are totally bloated after 35 years of GOP tax rates, which kill the non-rich. The GOP is pure Pander to the rich, super dupe. And brainwashed functional ignoramuses Like you..

Do try to keep up.
Wealthy Americans Gained Under Obama

What can and or will be done about it politically?
In keeping with current board rhetoric let's not be scared to get real honest here.
I could go on and on...and no Libby's, let's not deflect and divert to Wall Street criminals, big corporations..blah, blah, blah...Let's get real, let's get serious about our taxpayer draining bottom feeders....Whatta ya say?
If you stop giving free food and healthcare these drains on society will just sponge off their families or maybe get jobs.

And they won’t have that second or third kid.

Poor people in Switzerland don’t have more than one mistake because one egg costs $1. To feed 2 kids you need $4. Get it? No welfare

You know...I doubt many have a problem helping poor folks that have truly fallen on hard times...it’s the baby factories, addicts and criminals that self induce their own shortcomings that nobody takes pleasure in funding.
Lousy management. You like to blame Labor, even in Right to Work States. Yet, there is no actual, right to work even if you need work.

animals.jpg

Danny, I would love to engage in a conversation with you but I can never understand what the fuck you’re trying to say. What language do you speak?
This is why nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics or the actual issues involved.

Because of stupid liberals?

I agree. I'm all for the decriminalization of victimless crimes in general. Ideally, I'd like to see a world where each individual is allowed to say what they want, do with their own property what they want, and treat their own body in whatever way they see fit.

If you got the idea that my motive was to defend right wing authoritarians, you are mistaken. I'm merely pointing out that left wing political views aren't the mark of generosity.

If you think drugs, usage, distribution...etc lead to victimless crime you aren’t paying attention.

"BrokeLoser, post: 16956761, member: 59273"]What can and or will be done about it politically?

WHY MUST IT BE A POLITICAL SOLUTION?

REALLY? SITE PROOF. MANY OF THE MOST FAMOUS AND TALENTED PEOPLE CAME FROM POOR FAMILIES.

CITATION! MANY OF THE RICH ARE DEEP IN BED WITH GOVERNMENT. BESIDES, ARE THE POOR OFFERED A BETTER CHOICE?

ARE YOU SURE? Are you talking sheer numbers of petty crimes or looking at the total weight and value?

DRUGS ARE EXPENSIVE. HOW DO THEY AFFORD IT?

MAYBE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

KINDA GOES WITH BEING POOR, WOULDN'T YOU SAY? THEY CAN'T AFFORD ANYTHING.

ONE COULD ARGUE THE RICH EXPLOIT THE MOST PEOPLE, GET AWAY WITH THE MOST WHITE COLLAR CRIME, CHEAT ON THEIR TAXES THE MOST, HIRE THE MOST ILLEGALS, SO WHAT'S THE POINT?

WHEN THE RICH USE A LOOPHOLE NOT TO PAY TAXES, IT IS CALLED FOLLOWING THE LAW. WHEN THE POOR APPLY FOR ALLOWED SOCIAL BENEFITS, YOU CALL THEM TAX DRAINING BOTTOM FEEDERS? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS WE WASTE AND GIVE AWAY TO OTHER COUNTRIES FOR NOTHING?

THE PROBLEM ISN'T THE POOR---- ANYONE CAN BE POOR. HEALTH, BAD LUCK, ANYTHING. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOLUTION, WHERE IS THE SOLUTION? OFFER THE POOR REAL HOPE, GOOD EDUCATION, GOOD OPPORTUNITY AND MEANS, GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS MAKE PEOPLE POORER AND KEEP THEM POOR AND ENCOURAGE DEPENDENCY. IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE RUN EFFICIENTLY, SUCH PROGRAMS WOULD ONLY BE FOR THE CHRONICALLY SICK. THE REAL PROBLEM SUCKING ALL OF THE TAX DOLLARS IS WASTEFUL, SLOPPY, INEFFICIENT GOVERNMENT.

"BrokeLoser, post: 16956761, member: 59273"]What can and or will be done about it politically?

WHY MUST IT BE A POLITICAL SOLUTION?

REALLY? SITE PROOF. MANY OF THE MOST FAMOUS AND TALENTED PEOPLE CAME FROM POOR FAMILIES.

CITATION! MANY OF THE RICH ARE DEEP IN BED WITH GOVERNMENT. BESIDES, ARE THE POOR OFFERED A BETTER CHOICE?

ARE YOU SURE? Are you talking sheer numbers of petty crimes or looking at the total weight and value?

DRUGS ARE EXPENSIVE. HOW DO THEY AFFORD IT?

MAYBE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

KINDA GOES WITH BEING POOR, WOULDN'T YOU SAY? THEY CAN'T AFFORD ANYTHING.

ONE COULD ARGUE THE RICH EXPLOIT THE MOST PEOPLE, GET AWAY WITH THE MOST WHITE COLLAR CRIME, CHEAT ON THEIR TAXES THE MOST, HIRE THE MOST ILLEGALS, SO WHAT'S THE POINT?

WHEN THE RICH USE A LOOPHOLE NOT TO PAY TAXES, IT IS CALLED FOLLOWING THE LAW. WHEN THE POOR APPLY FOR ALLOWED SOCIAL BENEFITS, YOU CALL THEM TAX DRAINING BOTTOM FEEDERS? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS WE WASTE AND GIVE AWAY TO OTHER COUNTRIES FOR NOTHING?

THE PROBLEM ISN'T THE POOR---- ANYONE CAN BE POOR. HEALTH, BAD LUCK, ANYTHING. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOLUTION, WHERE IS THE SOLUTION? OFFER THE POOR REAL HOPE, GOOD EDUCATION, GOOD OPPORTUNITY AND MEANS, GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS MAKE PEOPLE POORER AND KEEP THEM POOR AND ENCOURAGE DEPENDENCY. IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE RUN EFFICIENTLY, SUCH PROGRAMS WOULD ONLY BE FOR THE CHRONICALLY SICK. THE REAL PROBLEM SUCKING ALL OF THE TAX DOLLARS IS WASTEFUL, SLOPPY, INEFFICIENT GOVERNMENT.

Did a LefTard hack you and steal your login information?

Just line them up and shoot the ones you consider the worst (the black & brown ones) ...

Those can then be turned into Soylent Green as food for poor southern white folks, which will create thousands of new factory jobs!

:rolleyes:

Soylent_Green_6SH.jpg

If you think drugs, usage, distribution...etc lead to victimless crime you aren’t paying attention.

Crazy, did I say "lead to"? I don't remember that at all, but if you saw me predicting that nobody on drugs would ever victimize anyone else, feel free to disregard that silly shit.

What I was implying was that the act of selling someone drugs, in and of itself, is a victimless crime. Any actual victimizing committed by dealer or user should absolutely be punished to the full extent of the law.

Clearer?

We need more investment in the non-rich cheap training cheaper education so they can rise duh. The only people Democrats want to pay more in taxes are the rich and mainly the mega rich who are totally bloated after 35 years of GOP tax rates, which kill the non-rich. The GOP is pure Pander to the rich, super dupe. And brainwashed functional ignoramuses Like you..

Oh, so you only want to make -certain- people pay to perpetuate your values? Well, I stand corrected. You are a beacon of generosity, after all.

See, if you wanted everybody to pay, that would just make you a different brand of selfish, one which prefers to control other people as opposed to hoarding material goods.

But since you narrowed the bearer of your imposed burden down to a manageable and easily demonized scapegoat, nah. You're practically messianic!

You believe in the goodly politics, which is how I can tell you're one of the goodly people! Just keep emphasizing that moral high ground of yours and keep being an inspiration to all of us.
Your sympathy for the bloated mega-rich GOP scum is touching, super dupe. LOL!

The market is fixed. Using supply and demand to justify salaries is detrimental to employees and our economy.

Then how else would you do it?

The theme of the country today is "cheap." We all want cheaper things: cheaper cell phones, cheaper auto repair, cheaper food, cheaper lawn care service........

It's the consumer (not the manufacturer) that determines the wage people get paid. If you want to pay your floor sweepers $20.00 an hour, your toilet cleaners $18.00 an hour, your parts inspectors $25.00 an hour, who is going to buy your products when your competition is paying their employees less than half of what you pay and pass the savings to the customer?

You go to the store to buy a 50' string of Christmas lights for your home. One set costs $28.00, and the other costs $10.00. Which one are you going to buy?

Yes, more than 90% of people will choose the $10.00 set of Christmas lights. But if you are going to manufacture lights that cheap, you can't pay your employees livable wages.

animals.jpg

Stupid selfish and immoral. Well done.

Do try to keep up.
Wealthy Americans Gained Under Obama
And will continue to do so until GOP Pander to the rich tax rates are ended duh... The 2008 GOP World depression also killed the non-rich. Only dupes believe it was Obama.

Retired and a fricken lib? Great, tell your kids to get a fricken job, or your grand-kids....dumbass.
Criminy you dupes are stupid... The problem is getting trained or educated after 35 years of GOP screwing the non-rich.

Just line them up and shoot the ones you consider the worst (the black & brown ones) ...

Those can then be turned into Soylent Green as food for poor southern white folks, which will create thousands of new factory jobs!

What really needs to be done is anybody going on the dole be fixed first before they receive one red cent from the government. How can we ever reduce or eliminate poverty when our social programs reward people for having kids they can't afford? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know. And when productive people can only afford one or two children if any at all, while lowlifes have as many as they want, what results would you expect? You're going to have more poor people.

Oh, so you only want to make -certain- people pay to perpetuate your values? Well, I stand corrected. You are a beacon of generosity, after all.

See, if you wanted everybody to pay, that would just make you a different brand of selfish, one which prefers to control other people as opposed to hoarding material goods.

But since you narrowed the bearer of your imposed burden down to a manageable and easily demonized scapegoat, nah. You're practically messianic!

You believe in the goodly politics, which is how I can tell you're one of the goodly people! Just keep emphasizing that moral high ground of yours and keep being an inspiration to all of us.

Lol. I can't decide if I'm saddened or delighted by the sheer fucking irony that a simpleton who views the world through the lenses of popular stereotypes is telling me that I've been duped.

The rich are evil and kill the non rich!

The non rich are the worker and are noble and good!

The democrats look out for the little guy!

The republicans are the party of the rich guy, and they hate the poor!

It's like you've gathered your political views from bits and pieces of Comedy Central shows and '90's movies.

Lol. I can't decide if I'm saddened or delighted by the sheer fucking irony that a simpleton who views the world through the lenses of popular stereotypes is telling me that I've been duped.

The rich are evil and kill the non rich!

The non rich are the worker and are noble and good!

The democrats look out for the little guy!

The republicans are the party of the rich guy, and they hate the poor!

It's like you've gathered your political views from bits and pieces of Comedy Central shows and '90's movies.
Keep listening to the propaganda from greedy GOP billionaires then, Super Dupe. So strange how cutting taxes on the rich and services for the non-rich have gotten us to this point isn't it, dumbass? And you believe that the rich pay too much in taxes and the non-rich are lazy... Idiot.
Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Filed under Economicsno comments

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blo

What I was implying was that the act of selling someone drugs, in and of itself, is a victimless crime.

Try telling that to my friend who's sons funeral was two weekends ago.
Legalize and treat it, start a competing methanol program, and how about some cheaper education and training programs and amnesty for felons. Pay for it with higher taxes on the rich, ridiculously bloated after 35 years of GOP tax rates.

Forum List

Back