How do we stop "the poor" from being so problematic?

Stop stealing from them.

Haha...that’s a good one.
How does one steal from someone with nothing?

Well, that's a good question - but Republicans are skilled at doing it.

Okay, how?

Let me know when you digest these. I have many more...

How do we stop the rich from being so domineering?

Proportional Representation.
How does that work?

Basically you vote. Doesn't matter where you are in the country, your vote counts the same as anyone else's vote.

Then they add up all the votes in the country, and then hand out seats based on how many votes each party got.

Germany has a duel system which I like.

So, 299 seats go to FPTP, the US system. Then they add up the votes for PR and this goes to the make up of the Bundestag.

It's interesting that last year 8% of people changed their vote from FPTP to PR, and they changed their votes from the largest two parties under FPTP to smaller parties with PR.

German federal election, 2017 - Wikipedia

So the CDU got 26.8% of the vote under PR and 200 seats out of 709 which is 28.2% of the vote. It's more than the number of votes because there's a 5% threshold, meaning any party which gets less than 5% doesn't get into parliament through PR (but can though FPTP.)

Another example of why it's much fairer is this.

The CDU/CSU gained 37.2% of the votes with FPTP, the US style system. They gained 231 seats out of 299 seats.

That's a big WOW.

77.2% of the seats for 37.2% of the vote.
The SPD the other big party gained 24.6% of the vote and 59 seats. 19.7% of the seats.

Where you can really see the difference is with the FDP. They gained 7% of the votes with FPTP and gained ZERO seats.

In the US this happens all the time. In fact in the US people have stopped voting for parties like the FDP because they believe their vote is wasted.

It's negative voting. It favors the main two parties and screws everyone else.

The FDP got 10.7% of the vote with PR, an increase of 3.7% of the vote or 1.75 million people, out of 47 million people. These people voted negatively with FPTP and positively with PR.

Germany has a traditional right party CDU/CSU, traditional left party SPD, center right FDP, further right AfD, further left die Linke, and environmental left, the Greens.

The US doesn't give people this choice at all. It's either this party that doesn't represent you, or that party that doesn't represent you. You're forced to vote negatively, trying to keep out the party you don't want. That's not democracy.

The American revolution, French revolution, the Russian revolution, meet the new boss, same as the old boss...Can we find a way NOT to repeat the past?

Stop stealing from them.

Okay, how?

Mumbo-jumbo...the tax reform has already been proven to benefit the middle class...there’s many threads here to prove it.
I’ll ask again...how does government TAKE from the poor?
Remember, GIVING less of something to someone is not TAKING something from them....you understand this elementary principle...right?

I am poor, and white. I voted for Trump. What an ignorant chump am I. I live with section 8 welfare blacks and illegal alien mexicans. Nobody chooses any of that, but why do only whites get all the karma, the blame at the same time?

I am poor, and white. I voted for Trump. What an ignorant chump am I. I live with section 8 welfare blacks and illegal alien mexicans. Nobody chooses any of that, but why whites get all the karma, the blame at the same time?

Hold on a minute....”nobody chooses any of that”
You can’t be serious?
Are you?

I am poor, and white. I voted for Trump. What an ignorant chump am I. I live with section 8 welfare blacks and illegal alien mexicans. Nobody chooses any of that, but why whites get all the karma, the blame at the same time?

You can’t be serious?
Are you?
What is the question, again? What is your bloody point?

I live with poor blacks and illegal aliens. THAT is my point. Not in a secluded white liberal rich community. Think that through before you get all snide and snarky.

You can’t be serious?
Are you?

You said “nobody chooses” to be poor and do what poor people do.
What percentage of poor, problematic folks do you believe are responsible for their own actions and situation?

Stop stealing from them.

Okay, how?

Mumbo-jumbo...the tax reform has already been proven to benefit the middle class...there’s many threads here to prove it.
I’ll ask again...how does government TAKE from the poor?
Remember, GIVING less of something to someone is not TAKING something from them....you understand this elementary principle...right?
Lack of equal protection of the law.

You can’t be serious?
Are you?

What percentage of poor, problematic folks do you believe are responsible for their own actions and situation?
The rich were too big to fail.

You can’t be serious?
Are you?

The rich were too big to fail.
I am reminded of the french revolution. Oh, they THINK they are to big to fail. We in the 5th estate will make heads roll...

What can and or will be done about it politically?
In keeping with current board rhetoric let's not be scared to get real honest here.
Our poor are our worst parents...they create more of their same.
Our poor suck the most government tit.
Our poor commits the most crime.
Our poor does the most drugs.
Our poor drinks and smokes the most.
Our poor have the most children they can't afford.
Our poor litters and vandalizes the most.
Our poor drives uninsured.
Our poor commits the most animal cruelty.
I could go on and on...and no Libby's, let's not deflect and divert to Wall Street criminals, big corporations..blah, blah, blah...Let's get real, let's get serious about our taxpayer draining bottom feeders....Whatta ya say?
If you stop giving free food and healthcare these drains on society will just sponge off their families or maybe get jobs.

And they won’t have that second or third kid.

Poor people in Switzerland don’t have more than one mistake because one egg costs $1. To feed 2 kids you need $4. Get it? No welfare

Forum List

Back