How do you listen to your music?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
How do you listen to music?
Myself...I have about 1200 songs still from the old Napster days. I have those backed up on a DVD. On top of that I ripped old CD's I purchased into MP3's, and then finally - I have purchased 155 songs and downloaded those.
All of this I have on a Amazon Cloud drive. I listen to those at work on the PC, at home either through Roku or a tablet.
We also have a satelite radio in the house (Sirius) - as well as in the cars.
I watch most videos via Vevo.

I listen on my iPod quite a bit.

I have ripped hundreds of my old CD's to MP3. I've borrowed friend's CD's and done same. Also checked out music from library. I have also downloaded some hard to find albums via torrent. Kind of leery about that though. Listen to music via iPod or my computer most of the time. Listen to radio while driving.

iPod and iTunes. If I need a CD, I burn one. I always buy the music and don't rip off music so long as it is commercially available (although for rarities that I can't buy, I'll download illegally).

Some people want to hold the physical item in their hand, and I agree that the liner notes and album covers are cool, but I like not having the physical stuff. When I consider the number of albums and singles I have, I wonder where I would put them all if I had them in their physical formats.

iPod and iTunes. If I need a CD, I burn one. I always buy the music and don't rip off music so long as it is commercially available (although for rarities that I can't buy, I'll download illegally)...

That is what I do as well. Newer, commercially available music I buy online. Older music, that is either hard to find or ridiculously priced - I pirate.

Turn table 400 albums, cassette player 200 cassettes, CD player 600 CD's. No ipod or smart phone. I also write and play a lot of music. 7 guitars, 1 bass, 1 pedal steel, 2 keyboards, 2 drum kits, 2 PA's, 3 amps, 25 harmonicas, 1 mandolin, 2 didgeridoos, 3 effects pedals, one 16 track recorder with CD burner, one 5 burn CD duplicator, 2 hand drums, 1 Jews Harp, 1 pan flute, 2 recorder flutes, 1 wood flute, 1 thumb harp, and I can't remember what else.

R.J. HANGOVER's Songs

How do you listen to music?
Myself...I have about 1200 songs still from the old Napster days. I have those backed up on a DVD. On top of that I ripped old CD's I purchased into MP3's, and then finally - I have purchased 155 songs and downloaded those.
All of this I have on a Amazon Cloud drive. I listen to those at work on the PC, at home either through Roku or a tablet.
We also have a satelite radio in the house (Sirius) - as well as in the cars.
I watch most videos via Vevo.

I usually listen to my favorite tunes played in perfect fidelity from memory in my head...

which involves none of that stuff you mentioned...

but I do often go to YouTube for backup and/or refreshment...

Forum List

Back