How does a British citizen amass illegal guns...including machine guns and anti tank weapons?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....they have confiscated guns in Britain........yet....all sorts of illegal guns are being brought into the country.....especially small, fully automatic weapons.....

But this guy...he went big.....

Pictured: Britain's biggest illegal weapons stash including missile launcher

Police found 463 illegal firearms, including rifles, machine guns and an anti-tank missile, along with 200,000 rounds of ammunition in a secret room at the home of crane operator and parish council chairman James Arnold, 49, in the village of Wyverstone, Suffolk.

The haul gradually came to light as officers spent six weeks searching his isolated rural home, carrying out controlled explosions and discovering a secret room hidden behind a false wall in his kitchen.

Phil Harris / Daily Mirror
Suffolk-Police-present-the-Cache-of-arms-found-at-the-home-of-James-Arnold.jpg

Mirror reporter Louis Smith with some of the weapons

Suffolk Police present the Cache of arms found at the home of James Arnold

Dangerous: One of the weapons discovered

No explanation as to why Arnold collected the weapons was offered during the trial.

Shocking: One of the firearms weapons recovered by police

Last edited:
So.....what gun control law in Britain kept this man from taking any of these guns to a school...a theater, ...a mall....or a church and killing a whole bunch of people?

So....they have confiscated guns in Britain........yet....all sorts of illegal guns are being brought into the country.....especially small, fully automatic weapons.....

Police found 463 illegal firearms, including rifles, machine guns and an anti-tank missile, along with 200,000 rounds of ammunition in a secret room at the home of crane operator and parish council chairman James Arnold, 49, in the village of Wyverstone, Suffolk.

The haul gradually came to light as officers spent six weeks searching his isolated rural home, carrying out controlled explosions and discovering a secret room hidden behind a false wall in his kitchen.

No explanation as to why Arnold collected the weapons was offered during the trial.

Persons in the USA found with LOTS AND LOTS of drugs------get charged with
INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE (to wit SELL) even without clear evidence that they
ever sold a drop of the stuff-------seems to me that the little limey is a DEALER

So.....what gun control law in Britain kept this man from taking any of these guns to a school...a theater, ...a mall....or a church and killing a whole bunch of people?

Did he?

No...because he chose not to.....again...please answer.....which British gun control law stopped him from becoming a mass shooter?

Did he?

No...because he chose not to.....again...please answer.....which British gun control law stopped him from becoming a mass shooter?

I'm not a citizen of Britain and I feel like they can manage the society they wish to live in. I'm a conservative so I believe in letting them develop and manage their own laws.

Did he?

Who stated that he was PREVENTED FROM COMITTING A CRIME BECAUSE THERE IS A LAW AGAINST COMITTING A CRIME-------did I miss something---
crimes are committed every day in my town DESPITE the laws

Did he?

I'm not a citizen of Britain and I feel like they can manage the society they wish to live in. I'm a conservative so I believe in letting them develop and manage their own laws.

Same here...we agree....

Did he?

Who stated that he was PREVENTED FROM COMITTING A CRIME BECAUSE THERE IS A LAW AGAINST COMITTING A CRIME-------did I miss something---

I agree with you....merely pointing out that when the anti gunners say gun control like they have in Britain keeps them from having mass shootings.....I like to point out these stories and ask that question.

Did he?

I agree with you....merely pointing out that when the anti gunners say gun control like they have in Britain keeps them from having mass shootings.....I like to point out these stories and ask that question.

Where was the mass shooting again?

Did he?

There wasn't one.....I asked you if you could answer this question...this guy had a large number of fully automatic weapons and lots and lots of ammo......all acquired and owned illegally without the knowledge of the police.......

What British gun control law....including gun confiscation, kept him from taking one or more of those illegally acquired and owned guns to a local school, mall, theater, church or government building and committing a mass shooting?

Please...I am waiting for your answer.

There wasn't one.....I asked you if you could answer this question...this guy had a large number of fully automatic weapons and lots and lots of ammo......all acquired and owned illegally without the knowledge of the police.......

What British gun control law....including gun confiscation, kept him from taking one or more of those illegally acquired and owned guns to a local school, mall, theater, church or government building and committing a mass shooting?

You already got it and agreed with it.

You already got it and agreed with it.

Oh....you don't want to answer the actual question because it undermines the whole point to gun control.....got it.

How do ignorant conservatives start threads that fail as false comparison fallacies over and over again.

So…do you understand why your argument is ridiculous, ignorant, and devoid of merit; do you understand that when you attempt to compare two dissimilar things your ‘argument’ fails as a fallacy; and do you understand that you succeed in only making yourself look even more ignorant and ridiculous when you continue to make the same failed argument.

So…do you understand why your argument is ridiculous, ignorant, and devoid of merit; do you understand that when you attempt to compare two dissimilar things your ‘argument’ fails as a fallacy; and do you understand that you succeed in only making yourself look even more ignorant and ridiculous when you continue to make the same failed argument.

It is not dissimilar......unless of course you are talking about British culture vs. American Culture and in particular British criminal culture vs. inner city American criminal culture.....

That explains the difference in gun murder rates...since the British people who don't care about the gun control laws obviously get guns when they want them.......fully automatic weapons.....military grade weapons.......

but you morons think it is only because of the gun.....that normal, law abiding people become murderers as soon as they have access to a gun....and not one thing you guys point to backs this up.

And thanks to the poster who originally posted this story...

Just £200 for a gun in London

Just £200 for a gun in London
by JUSTIN DAVENPORT, Evening Standard

Guns are regularly changing hands in London for only £200, highlighting the frightening spiral in violent crime, says Met Commissioner Sir John Stevens today.

He adds that prices are tumbling because gangs have been importing huge numbers of weapons as they become ever more ruthless.

An astonishing 600 guns are being recovered by police every year, but they admit this might be a fraction of the true number on the streets. For a little extra cash, criminals can even get hold of the fearsome Uzi sub-machinegun.

Sir John says there is clear evidence that gun gangs are spreading across London whereas a few years ago they were confined to a handful of boroughs such as Lambeth, Hackney and Brent.

Now police officers are being stationed in countries such as Romania to provide intelligence on drug and gun-smuggling routes into Britain.

The Commissioner spoke out in an interview with the Evening Standard after a fortnight of escalating violence in which estate agent Tim Robinson was murdered outside his Battersea home and a gangster was left dead outside a police station in a bullet-riddled car.

Read more: Just £200 for a gun in London
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Forum List

Back