How Long Before Reacting To Pirates?

Understanding how the bad guys feel might actually reduce violence in the world.

Do you believe such an end would justify the means?

The end doesn't have to justify the means. The acts of piracy justifies the means.

Understanding how the bad guys feel might actually reduce violence in the world? That's naive.

I completely agree with you concerning the pirates. But the people that are dumping in places like Somalia should be dealt with in the same way as the pirates. Their actions are resulting in the deaths of innocent people, and they should be held accountable in the same manner as anyone that kills people for profit.

I don't excuse one criminal action with another. The people illegally dumping should be held accountable for their crimes.

Many Europen and Asian countries are using Somalia as a waste dump.

Should they just sit there and take it.

In reality, they aren't pirates at all.

Their coasts and fishing waters are being destroyed by other countries and large corporations.

All they are doing is extracting money from the violaters who are invading their waters.

In reality, they are pirates.

The end doesn't have to justify the means. The acts of piracy justifies the means.

Understanding how the bad guys feel might actually reduce violence in the world? That's naive.

Understanding people's motivation for violence is naive?

Right...

Understanding people's motivation for violence is naive?

Right...

Kind of twisting shit a bit, aren't you? But what else is now. The statement was that understanding their motives could cut down on the violence in the world, or words to that affect. I said THAT was naive.

Now run along and play if you're done making a fool of yourself, as usual.

Not sure how to respond, except that I certainly disagree.

Everyone was wandering around wondering "why? why?" after sept 11, if we knew 'why' before sept 11 do you think we could not have done something about it?

Everyone was wandering around wondering "why? why?" after sept 11, if we knew 'why' before sept 11 do you think we could not have done something about it?
only liberals were wondering why

I really can't take all the credit Editec. My wife is from that area and knows all about the ecological disaster on Somali's coast and water.

She is the one who told me. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue either.

WEll thanks, anyway. Information must flow.

America's media hasn't said a word about it on the news.

My major complaint about US media is what it does NOT say.

I swear the US has the worst news coverage of any country. Middle East, African, and even some Europen news organizations have reporters covering this issue.

We are just feed what our government likes to have reported and not the whole story.

I doubt the government controls it so directly. The media are self censoring organizations.

Wrong question. We KNEW "why" beforehand. Didn't stop a thing, nor will it. Osama bin Laden hates us. I know ... let's give a murdering scumbag what he wants so he'll leave us alone.

Give your milk money to a bully one time and he'll be back every day for it. You can either fight for it, or not get any milk, and every bully that sees this will come along for and hit you up for what they want too. Why he wants it is irrelevant.

The right questions are who, when and where. Knowing THAT beforehand, we could have stopped them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Wrong question. We KNEW "why" beforehand. Didn't stop a thing, nor will it. Osama bin Laden hates us. I know ... let's give a murdering scumbag what he wants so he'll leave us alone.

Give your milk money to a bully one time and he'll be back every day for it. You can either fight for it, or not get any milk, and every bully that sees this will come along for and hit you up for what they want too. Why he wants it is irrelevant.

The right questions are who, when and where. Knowing THAT beforehand, we could have stopped them.
and if not for the gorelick wall, they might have been able to piece some of the parts of the puzzle together
why bush didn't boot every last one of those morons out when he took office was his biggest mistake
but he was such a divider ya know

Forum List

Back