How long until the Climate Cult re-appears, now that there's hot weather?

cbe240618c.jpg
Then fix it, Einstein.
AND GIVE DETAILS. Don't just give some mumbo jumbo nonsense about how we 'need to move off of fossil fuels". Give details on exactly what you want to accomplish.

Here's why offshore windmills don't work.

SaveLBI
@saveLBIorg

The "build now, figure it out later" mentality
@GovMurphy
#offshore wind turbine decommissioning fails to consider the total expense and environmental impact. Decommissioning #OSW turbines is a technology and energy-intensive process, potentially costing up to 70% of the installation price. It involves significant greenhouse gas emissions and produces considerable waste that cannot yet be recycled. Disassembling these turbines is presumably as costly as their installation. A big problem for Future generations. We must not let this happen

Here's why offshore windmills don't work.

SaveLBI
@saveLBIorg

The "build now, figure it out later" mentality
@GovMurphy
#offshore wind turbine decommissioning fails to consider the total expense and environmental impact. Decommissioning #OSW turbines is a technology and energy-intensive process, potentially costing up to 70% of the installation price. It involves significant greenhouse gas emissions and produces considerable waste that cannot yet be recycled. Disassembling these turbines is presumably as costly as their installation. A big problem for Future generations. We must not let this happen
Are you able to quantify the "significant greenhouse emissions" produced by the decommissioning process?

I had a look through your link. Do you agree with the apparent position of LBI that the installation and operation of offshore wind turbines is responsible for whale deaths along the coast? Do you agree with the apparent position of LBI that wind turbines will drive birds extinct?

Last edited:
Then fix it, Einstein.
AND GIVE DETAILS. Don't just give some mumbo jumbo nonsense about how we 'need to move off of fossil fuels". Give details on exactly what you want to accomplish.
Forgive me but your qualifications give the strong impression that you're not really interested in his answer. "Moving off fossil fuels" is a perfectly adequate answer as it encapsulate precisely how we will finally overcome global warming. We need to stop adding GHGs to the Earth's atmosphere and to do that we need to stop burning fossil fuels. Is there something about that message that you're having trouble following?

Forgive me but your qualifications give the strong impression that you're not really interested in his answer. "Moving off fossil fuels" is a perfectly adequate answer as it encapsulate precisely how we will finally overcome global warming. We need to stop adding GHGs to the Earth's atmosphere and to do that we need to stop burning fossil fuels. Is there something about that message that you're having trouble following?
Another EINSTEIN here.
"Stop burning fossil fuels".
Do you realize that the food supply moves mainly by truck? Do you realize that you will kill off huge numbers of people with this insane green new deal?

Derp derp derp
lol! Tho I'm not sure which context the term "derp" comes in, but my point was that the AGW premise of a greenhouse causing warming should show heat waves when there's more radiation to be greenhoused. It doesn't show heat waves when there's more radiation. Heat waves when there's LESS radiation suggests the greenhouse isn't operative.

Seems difficult to get the story straight.

Another EINSTEIN here.
Well, I disagree, but thanks anyway.
"Stop burning fossil fuels"
Yep. That's the idea.
Do you realize that the food supply moves mainly by truck?
Yes. Do you realize Tesla and others sell EV trucks?
Do you realize that you will kill off huge numbers of people with this insane green new deal?
The science behind all this says that is just not so. The sooner we do what we need to do (and yesterday was already far too late) the less people will be harmed. See:

AND

Well, I disagree, but thanks anyway.

Yep. That's the idea.

Yes. Do you realize Tesla and others sell EV trucks?

The science behind all this says that is just not so. The sooner we do what we need to do (and yesterday was already far too late) the less people will be harmed. See:

AND

Yes Tesla builds electric trucks. With limited range and power. Does Tesla build 18 wheeler electric trucks?

Does Telsa build REFRIGERATED electric trucks also?
Kinda important for produce, dairy, frozen goods, NO?

Oh wait - maybe the POLITBURO's plan is to not allow the peasants to have dairy, product, etc. After all, there's bugs to eat and they are good for you.

Do you realize that most electric generation -about 60% of it - comes from burning of fossil fuels? That would be natural gas and coal. Remainder comes from nuclear (you guys don't like that either), and then finally, renewables.

Are you so blinded by propaganda that you can't see the forest through the trees?

Last edited:
Another EINSTEIN here.
"Stop burning fossil fuels".
Do you realize that the food supply moves mainly by truck? Do you realize that you will kill off huge numbers of people with this insane green new deal?

That was the plan from the start. Liberal eletist enviro-fascists wanted fewer people in the world, so they could pick flowers and ride their horsies.

Temperatures are cooler now or the same as in 1988. But now they're going overboard with the red color, which makes everything appear hotter.
It's propaganda 101, Goebbels would be proud.

These fools have no idea what they are even cheering for.

Yes Tesla builds electric trucks. With limited range and power. Does Tesla build 18 wheeler electric trucks?
Have you been hiding under a rock?

1719147179051.png

Does Telsa build REFRIGERATED electric trucks also?
The Tesla truck would have no problem pulling a reefer trailer.
Kinda important for produce, dairy, frozen goods, NO?
Of course.
Do you realize that most electric generation -about 60% of it - comes from burning of fossil fuels?
Yes. And not that long ago it would have been 100% and not to long from now it will be approaching zero.
That would be natural gas and coal. Remainder comes from nuclear (you guys don't like that either)
I do like nuclear.
and then finally, renewables.
Well, renewables aren't burning any fossil fuels but I'll forgive your misconstruction.
Are you so blinded by propaganda that you can't see the forest through the trees?
What forest? What trees? No one (myself included) ever said that the transition would be easy. But, it still needs to be done. It disappoints me that the "Get-r-Done" crowd is so seemingly afraid of a challenge.

lol! Tho I'm not sure which context the term "derp" comes in, but my point was that the AGW premise of a greenhouse causing warming should show heat waves when there's more radiation to be greenhoused. It doesn't show heat waves when there's more radiation. Heat waves when there's LESS radiation suggests the greenhouse isn't operative.

Seems difficult to get the story straight.
Derp derp derp

View attachment 966275

Of course.

Yes. And not that long ago it would have been 100% and not to long from now it will be approaching zero.

I do like nuclear.

Well, renewables aren't burning any fossil fuels but I'll forgive your misconstruction.

What forest? What trees? No one (myself included) ever said that the transition would be easy. But, it still needs to be done. It disappoints me that the "Get-r-Done" crowd is so seemingly afraid of a challenge.
There are a total of 100 Tesla electric trucks, nationwide, all of them delivered to only one customer: PEPSI.
That ought to be enough to move all of the food to feed 340 million people. Hint: I'm a consultant in this industry. You can't beat me on this topic.

Fail.

The Tesla Semi started its first consumer deliveries last year, but the vehicles were only delivered to one customer: PepsiCo. Since then, the Tesla Semi fleet has grown into almost 100 vehicles, as confirmed by Tesla VP of Vehicle Engineering Lars Moravy. Dec 20, 2023

View attachment 966275

Of course.

I do like nuclear.

15 million commercial trucks (Class 3-8) make up the US nation's fleet run on diesel power..

76% of Commercial Trucks Run on Diesel

And only 10,265 commercial electric trucks on the road now.

https://blogs.edf.org/energyexchange/2023/12/13/electric-truck-deployments-by-u-s-companies-grew-five-
times-in-2023/

That means there are 1,461 times as many diesel commercial trucks as there are electric ones. IN other words, you'll see 1,461 diesel trucks before you ever see a single electric truck.

:auiqs.jpg:

We do not have a right to fly on airplanes. We have a right to unrestricted travel across state borders but there is no guarantee that it be by airplane or any other technology.

We have no right to drive a car, much less one with a specified power plant.

We have no right to air conditioning.

No one in government has so much as hinted at taking anything from anyone.

Be all that as it may, the government does possess the authority to regulate air travel, even if those regulations lead to reduced availability. Fortunately for you, no one has even suggested legislation to do any such thing. I'm not saying it won't become an issue someday. Air travel represents a very large portion of the transportation sector GHG emissions and will eventually have to be dealt with. But, we have no right to air travel. It is a convenience for which we pay and since it is a public offering, the government has the authority and legal, ethical and moral responsibility to regulate the industry for the maximum benefit for the maximum number as it sees those things. The same can be said of automobiles.

I'm not sure why deniers so frequently suggest that the government wants to seize their air conditioners. They are certainly great energy hogs and some individuals leaning towards your way of thinking seem to think they're the only thing needed to address global warming. But aside from small amounts of Freon leakage from rapidly disappearing units not yet replaced by those with newer refrigerants, their only drawback is the energy they use. It's not uncommon for symptomatic treatments to worsen underlying causes and that's precisely what you've got here. But, again, we have no right to air conditioning.
The only "rights" that the government has, are those that WE GIVE THEM.

Forum List

Back