How many of you guys were born Christians? How many converted to Christianity?

If you can be born Christian, then why can't you be born gay? :dunno:

To be a Christian, one must practice Christian teachings--not just be born Christian. Is that the same with gays? They must practice in order to remain gay? (Don't get mad--I'm just poking fun back.)

Really? Where do you get this theology? Never mind, I know.

So why aren't you running around to maternity wards making Christians? Sprinkle some of your "holy water" on them and bingo! Christian!

There is no Scripture that supports what Catholics do, and you know it because you can't quote any.

A. An infant cannot place their faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.
B. Baptism does not save anyone nor does the Holy Spirit sit around waiting for someone to be Baptized to work in them.
C. Infants are as sinful as any adult. Psalms say so.
D. Only those who profess with their mouths that they are sinners and Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior are Christians. Only those.

Everything I believe and do is supported by Scripture, and I can name every verse. The fact you cannot should make you pause. I can start quoting verses if you wish.

Like my friend who spent his first 75 years as a Catholic thinking he was a Christian, he realized he never was. I think that's true for many Catholics.

As I noted before: Look intently, but you will never see; Listen carefully but you will never understand. What is astonishing to me is that I, a Catholic, can listen to whatever non-Catholic belief you bring up and can identify the scripture you think addresses that belief. Yet you, who can name every verse, can't identify the scriptures that support Catholic practices. I find that amazing...and particularly sad. I know you are fond of telling about your seventy-five year old (plus) Catholic friend. I don't play that game because I know too many former non-Catholics who turned to Catholicism because their sect couldn't address the questions they had. You can look up statistics online. It appears that the more educated converts to another sect of Christianity turn to Catholicism. Find all the former Catholics you want. I can surpass you with former Protestants, now very happy to be Catholic.

Seriously? "Making" Christians by immersing them in water? Is that all baptism is to you? No wonder you are unable to find Catholic practices in scripture.

Baptism does not save any more than the law saves. Both are inanimate. It is our Lord God, a living being, who is our salvation. Come on...that's basic, and you aren't even aware of it?

Perhaps to you Christians are only those who give lip service. For us others, there are much better defining qualities to being a Christian. Primarily, we pick up our cross each day and follow Christ.
Do you not even have access to an online Bible?
Why can't you support the RC practices with Scripture? We know why. It doesn't exist. And telling me to go find what doesn't exist is just childish. And dare I say unChristian since you say I'm missing the boat yet refuse inform me and thus deny the Great Commission.

You're hanging onto your life long programming like an unbeliever refusing to look at Scripture.

Why can't you support the RC practices with Scripture? We know why. It doesn't exist. And telling me to go find what doesn't exist is just childish. And dare I say unChristian since you say I'm missing the boat yet refuse inform me and thus deny the Great Commission.

You're hanging onto your life long programming like an unbeliever refusing to look at Scripture.

I have four Bibles within immediate reach, two upstairs...and as you say, all the Bibles online. I am not kidding when I say if you read the Bible, then you should be able to find Catholic practices within scripture. If you cannot find them, then either you are not reading the Bible...or, what is even more likely, you haven't a clue as to what the Catholic faith practices or teaches.

A clue that you do not have a clue to Catholic teaching is that ridiculous idea that Catholics should go to the hospital maternity ward and make those babies Christians by baptizing them. Really? That's like thinking people become cops by eating donuts.

I have four Bibles within immediate reach, two upstairs...and as you say, all the Bibles online. I am not kidding when I say if you read the Bible, then you should be able to find Catholic practices within scripture. If you cannot find them, then either you are not reading the Bible...or, what is even more likely, you haven't a clue as to what the Catholic faith practices or teaches.

A clue that you do not have a clue to Catholic teaching is that ridiculous idea that Catholics should go to the hospital maternity ward and make those babies Christians by baptizing them. Really? That's like thinking people become cops by eating donuts.
Satan has the entire Bible memorized. Being a Christian is professing Jesus as your Lird and Savior.

Satan has the entire Bible memorized. Being a Christian is professing Jesus as your Lird and Savior.

Oh-oh...Is this a heads up? You were the one who said he could start quoting verses... ;)

By the way, who do you think Catholics profess as Lord and Savior?

Oh-oh...Is this a heads up? You were the one who said he could start quoting verses... ;)

By the way, who do you think Catholics profess as Lord and Savior?
You own 4 Bibles, I've got a hundred in my office right now. It's knowing Scripture and following it the key. I justify my faith and my practices with Scripture.

Most Catholics do not even know what it means to be Christian. Just as your Pope who claimed nonCatholics were not Christians. They don't know who to pray to of how to. They follow unBiblical practices that are warned by Scripture against doing.

Don't feel bad about not knowing Scriptures, consider it a prod to do some research.

You own 4 Bibles, I've got a hundred in my office right now. It's knowing Scripture and following it the key. I justify my faith and my practices with Scripture.

Most Catholics do not even know what it means to be Christian. Just as your Pope who claimed nonCatholics were not Christians. They don't know who to pray to of how to. They follow unBiblical practices that are warned by Scripture against doing.

Don't feel bad about not knowing Scriptures, consider it a prod to do some research.

Either produce the quote or knock off the lie about Pope Francis (or any Pope) saying non-Catholics are not Christians. Do you realize how much stuff you make up about Catholicism? Is this on purpose or out of ignorance?

Just from our discussion here, it's pretty obvious who has been researching/studying scripture. No worries. There is still time to catch up. Along with your hundred Bibles, I would recommend also reading the history, culture, language, and anthropology of Biblical times. It is a fascinating study.

Either produce the quote or knock off the lie about Pope Francis (or any Pope) saying non-Catholics are not Christians. Do you realize how much stuff you make up about Catholicism? Is this on purpose or out of ignorance?

Just from our discussion here, it's pretty obvious who has been researching/studying scripture. No worries. There is still time to catch up. Along with your hundred Bibles, I would recommend also reading the history, culture, language, and anthropology of Biblical times. It is a fascinating study.
Pope: Other Christian Denominations Not True Churches

You yourself aluded you didn't consider other denominations part of Gods Church.
That by all definitions is a cult, and nothing to do with Jesus.

And yes, I'm always studying the Bible. Plan to until my last breath. It's why I know Catholics do not follow the Bible.

I'm good friends with 15 Pastors from all over the world. Daily contact with most of them, every couple of weeks with others. I suggest you try some different churches to help open your eyes.

You yourself aluded you didn't consider other denominations part of Gods Church.

And yes, I'm always studying the Bible. Plan to until my last breath. It's why I know Catholics do not follow the Bible.

I'm good friends with 15 Pastors from all over the world. Daily contact with most of them, every couple of weeks with others. I suggest you try some different churches to help open your eyes.

This is where we started. Nowhere in the article is the Pope quoted as saying non-Catholics are not Christian. Second, you never answered my question: How many churches do you say Christ started?

Third, you have admitted you cannot find Catholic practices in the Bible. There are one of two reasons for this: You do not read the Bible; or, you are completely ignorant of Catholic beliefs, teachings, and practices.

I am quite familiar with many non-Catholic denominations. Therefore I can honestly say that if Catholicism vanished from the planet, I would convert to Judaism before converting to your brand of Christianity.

True, but most children are given only one possible religion. If that religion is an absolute waste in their mind, perhaps they might explore another when they are older, but more likely they just accept what they were taught as a kid. The idea that people normally just choose their religion based on their own informed beliefs is pretty dumb.

An interesting study might be whether or not people of deep faith perhaps know more about other religions than people who reject all religions based on their experience with the religion into which they were born.

If religion has had a favorable impact on one's life, then it is natural that people might investigate other religious beliefs to examine whether that religion, too, might have something to offer that the first religion overlooked or bypassed.

Survey: Atheists, Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious

This is where we started. Nowhere in the article is the Pope quoted as saying non-Catholics are not Christian. Second, you never answered my question: How many churches do you say Christ started?

Third, you have admitted you cannot find Catholic practices in the Bible. There are one of two reasons for this: You do not read the Bible; or, you are completely ignorant of Catholic beliefs, teachings, and practices.

I am quite familiar with many non-Catholic denominations. Therefore I can honestly say that if Catholicism vanished from the planet, I would convert to Judaism before converting to your brand of Christianity.
You read news like you read the Bible. Not very well.

For the second time in a week, Pope Benedict XVIhas corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, reasserting the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church and saying other Christian communities were either defective or not true churches

Your inability to understand Jesus with your insistence nonCatholic churches are not Christian. And a really pathetic display of what the Catholic cult does with you saying you'll deny Christ rather than attend a nonCatholic church.

Your inability to quote Scripture to support your cult only validates are far removed you are from Christ.

True, but most children are given only one possible religion. If that religion is an absolute waste in their mind, perhaps they might explore another when they are older, but more likely they just accept what they were taught as a kid. The idea that people normally just choose their religion based on their own informed beliefs is pretty dumb.

An interesting study might be whether or not people of deep faith perhaps know more about other religions than people who reject all religions based on their experience with the religion into which they were born.

If religion has had a favorable impact on one's life, then it is natural that people might investigate other religious beliefs to examine whether that religion, too, might have something to offer that the first religion overlooked or bypassed.

Survey: Atheists, Agnostics Know More About Religion Than Religious
Hello from Times Square.

For the second time in a week, Pope Benedict XVIhas corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, reasserting the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church and saying other Christian communities were either defective or not true churches

Your inability to understand Jesus with your insistence nonCatholic churches are not Christian. And a really pathetic display of what the Catholic cult does with you saying you'll deny Christ rather than attend a nonCatholic church.

Your inability to quote Scripture to support your cult only validates are far removed you are from Christ.

Please go back and re-read my first response to your accusation that the Pope said non-Catholic denominations are not CHRISTIAN. I explained back then that Christ founded only one Church, and that the Pope said while other non-Catholic denominations are not part of the Church, they ARE ecclesiastical (church) communities and while they do not have the full truth, they do have elements of truth and salvation.

Once again. Please find an actual quote of a pope saying non-Catholic denominations are not CHRISTIAN.

Why do I need to quote scripture? Do you not have a Bible within reach? Can you not find your own quotes? If you told me that Scripture contained a passage that supports a specific teaching of your denomination, I wouldn't need you to quote the actual passage. I could find it myself. On the other hand, apparently you cannot find a single passage I say is there. Hmmm.

Please go back and re-read my first response to your accusation that the Pope said non-Catholic denominations are not CHRISTIAN. I explained back then that Christ founded only one Church, and that the Pope said while other non-Catholic denominations are not part of the Church, they ARE ecclesiastical (church) communities and while they do not have the full truth, they do have elements of truth and salvation.

Once again. Please find an actual quote of a pope saying non-Catholic denominations are not CHRISTIAN.

Why do I need to quote scripture? Do you not have a Bible within reach? Can you not find your own quotes? If you told me that Scripture contained a passage that supports a specific teaching of your denomination, I wouldn't need you to quote the actual passage. I could find it myself. On the other hand, apparently you cannot find a single passage I say is there. Hmmm.
Again with the manmade nonBiblical stuff. By saying they are not churches and/or defective is pretty clear as to what he is saying. It's exactly what I was referring to with you thinking people know better than God. Wrong. Without God people always end up making a golden calf. There is only one Church - those that profess Jesus as their Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:10-17 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else. For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

You know what he is saying here? Exactly what our topic has been. There is only one Church and one Church leader - Jesus Christ. Your Pope doesn't even know that.

How many different Churches have you attended? With my ministries I've attended probably a hundred. Going to a few in Southeast Asia next month and at least one in San Salvador in February. A lot of good Churches out there. You need to remember the Catholic Church is just a Church under the one Church. You need to ask yourself why am I doing nonBiblical things instead of spending my time with Jesus. People who seek truth are not afraid to investigate and look at alternate views. Because truth seekers always end up where Jesus is.

Again with the manmade nonBiblical stuff. By saying they are not churches and/or defective is pretty clear as to what he is saying. It's exactly what I was referring to with you thinking people know better than God. Wrong. Without God people always end up making a golden calf. There is only one Church - those that profess Jesus as their Lord.

Why is it so hard to distinguish what the Pope (and the Vatican) is saying from what the media prints to stir things up? Neither the Pope nor the Vatican said other churches are defective--or non-Christian. This is the point the Pope/Vatican is making:

Christ founded one Church. From that time, through Apostolic teaching and tradition, the Catholic Church has faithfully centered the Church/Body of Christ around those teachings and traditions, many of which ultimately were put into scripture. Fifteen hundred years later, some people chose to separate from the one Church and either omit or change what the Apostles handed down. The Catholic Church kept it all, which is described as "Fullness." Those who separated do not have this Fullness but they did retain some elements of fullness. Not having the entire fullness keeps these them apart from the One Church Christ founded, but they are still ecclesiastical/(lower case) church communities. Even though there is no longer unity in the Church Christ founded, everyone is still Christian, we all remain brothers and sisters in Christ.

In short: Christ founded one Church that he prayed would remain one. That Church is now in disunity--no longer one. The Catholic faith retained all teachings (the fullness) passed on by Christ and his Apostles. Others changed or omitted some teachings/practices.

Why is it so hard to distinguish what the Pope (and the Vatican) is saying from what the media prints to stir things up? Neither the Pope nor the Vatican said other churches are defective--or non-Christian. This is the point the Pope/Vatican is making:

Christ founded one Church. From that time, through Apostolic teaching and tradition, the Catholic Church has faithfully centered the Church/Body of Christ around those teachings and traditions, many of which ultimately were put into scripture. Fifteen hundred years later, some people chose to separate from the one Church and either omit or change what the Apostles handed down. The Catholic Church kept it all, which is described as "Fullness." Those who separated do not have this Fullness but they did retain some elements of fullness. Not having the entire fullness keeps these them apart from the One Church Christ founded, but they are still ecclesiastical/(lower case) church communities. Even though there is no longer unity in the Church Christ founded, everyone is still Christian, we all remain brothers and sisters in Christ.

In short: Christ founded one Church that he prayed would remain one. That Church is now in disunity--no longer one. The Catholic faith retained all teachings (the fullness) passed on by Christ and his Apostles. Others changed or omitted some teachings/practices.
There you go again saying other churches are inferior and not churches. Total lie and distortion Jesus created a Catholic Church. You have zero Scripture to support such a ridicules claim.
500 years ago Luther did what was attempted a century before (stopped short by his torture and execution of your church) and that is actually teach the Bible to the people and put an end to the nonBiblical practices of your church that were created by men to control the population for the sake of power.

Every Catholic practice that diverges from Protestantism is unBiblical, and in many cases warned against by the Bible. Christ is a sideline show for Catholics.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There you go again saying other churches are inferior and not churches. Total lie and distortion Jesus created a Catholic Church. You have zero Scripture to support such a ridicules claim.
500 years ago Luther did what was attempted a century before (stopped short by his torture and execution of your church) and that is actually teach the Bible to the people and put an end to the nonBiblical practices of your church that were created by men to control the population for the sake of power.

Why is it you keep calling your church inferior? Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Catholic perspective: From the time of Apostles, Christ founded ONE Church which he prayed would remain ONE. That Church is no longer one. During the Reformation, some churches left the full teaching of the Catholic Church declaring that fullness was not Biblical. They deleted some practices; they no longer follow them. Catholics continue to follow all (the fullness) of the Apostolic. teachings.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you don't want to follow the fullness of Apostolic teachings, but at the same time don't want Catholics to note you are not following everything the Church has taught and continues to teach. This is silly.

Forum List

Back