How Many USMBers Attend Church Reguarly?

I'm a conservative, and I attend church regularly

• I'm a conservative, and I do not attend church regularly

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm a liberal, and I attend church regularly

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I'm a liberal, and I do not attend church regularly

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'm a centrist, and I attend church regularly

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm a centrist, and I do not attend church regularly

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
I have attended a local PCUSA congregation many occasions. I don't recently, according to the Shorter Chatechism for Necessity and Mercy which Stonewall Jackson memorized for doing battle with Devils on Sunday, through Necessity and Mercy this is allowed. Everybody spontaneously bursts into Listen to the Mockingbird. cool place. I voted Centrist. I'm alone and Kewl.

That is, at least twice a month, for the purposes of this thread.

Why/why not?
Church and belief in the unknown (creation) are 2 SEPARATE human behavioral patterns.
Church leaders represent the blind leading the blind. Historically, where most ignorance comes from in modern intellectual thought, the Church & similar religious entities represented the relatively few “educated” & politically powerful people in their respective culture, and they were often brutal in trying to maintain their power over their “sheep”.

I have not attended church since i became a teen. I grew up physically & intellectually.

Church and belief in the unknown (creation) are 2 SEPARATE human behavioral patterns.
Church leaders represent the blind leading the blind. Historically, where most ignorance comes from in modern intellectual thought, the Church & similar religious entities represented the relatively few “educated” & politically powerful people in their respective culture, and they were often brutal in trying to maintain their power over their “sheep”.

I have not attended church since i became a teen. I grew up physically & intellectually.
And how old are you now sir/ma'am?

Also/too, I take it you're on the conservative side of the equation, yes?

I'm Christian, but haven't attended a church for anything beyond weddings and funerals in nearly half a century.
Any reason why you haven't?

So do you think it's fair for you to be categorized as "Christian in name only?"

University of Adversity literally points toward Sermons! Check it out! So uh its Church Time, time to talk about Fruit Loops of Tolerance. I'm in food service now. So, break off some bread with your hands, this is my breadloaf from Germany. Take some TrueVodka mahahaha.

Last edited:

And how old are you now sir/ma'am?

Also/too, I take it you're on the conservative side of the equation, yes?
I am over 50, and have been an independent thinker since my teens. Registered Independant since my 20’s, although i usually vote Demo or sometimes Libertarian, and once in a while Repub.
lately, with the Trump fiasco, i’m ALL Demo or Lib. The Repubs sold their narcissistic souls to the Trump politics.

I like the phrase:
Think for yourself, question authority”.
Not many do that, esp the less educated in social sciences.

Sociologists are the biggest tools everywhere. Like welcome to class you're a tool. I make money saying people are tools.

Sociologists are the biggest tools everywhere. Like welcome to class you're a tool. I make money saying people are tools.
You make much money?
I would not be surprised if you paid no taxes and leeched off the government.

I quit going when they turned it into a hot dog stand and started renting tables out for vendors to come in and sell their warez.
I don't know whether you're serious or joking.

No, it's a true story true story.

Not only that, but I grew up down south in the black churches, so I'm used to a totally different kind of praising the Lord, when I came up here it's all different.

I'm Christian, but haven't attended a church for anything beyond weddings and funerals in nearly half a century.
Any reason why you haven't?

So do you think it's fair for you to be categorized as "Christian in name only?"

No. Faith and religion are separate things. Faith is of God, religion is of man. I have faith.

Singing hymns and repetitive rituals do nothing for me, essentially.

Somebooody here doesn't remember when, they sung it in Latin , in reverse, in rounds, the monks only, and so only Goood can hear it! While not looking at you, while holding big crackers in the air. You are a pretty God decoration, pretty pretty.

Why are there some options missing?

Anyway, I go semi-regularly. I think going to church is something Christians should do (for a number of reasons) but going to church in and of itself doesn't make one a Christian. I think the important thing is having a personal faith in God and seeking God's will and of course being born again. I love going to my church though, it is always inspiring and helpful and meaningful.

That is, at least twice a month, for the purposes of this thread.

Why/why not?
I am spiritual, not religious,thus I do not believe in any particular religious sect. I am content with my beliefs and do not feel the need to attend a church. If anyone feels that need, that is their choice.

Anyway, I go semi-regularly. I think going to church is something Christians should do (for a number of reasons) but going to church in and of itself doesn't make one a Christian. I think the important thing is having a personal faith in God and seeking God's will and of course being born again. I love going to my church though, it is always inspiring and helpful and meaningful.
why should you go to church?? there is no god
religion is man made

religion is man made

There absolutely is a Creator, but that is not the topic of this thread. And not only that, I'm supposed to be working right now, so I'm not going to be getting into debates, especially with someone who is completely closed-minded.

Religion is not the same thing as God.

religion is man made

There absolutely is a Creator, but that is not the topic of this thread. And not only that, I'm supposed to be working right now, so I'm not going to be getting into debates, especially with someone who is completely closed-minded.

Religion is not the same thing as God.
you said you go to Church--yes?
yo do not go to Church to praise god/pray to god/because of god.....???!!!!!

Forum List

Back