How Obama Lost Iraq.

How many more threads on this lie?

It was BUSH who lost Iraq - long before Obama was elected.
Yes, it was dat BOOSH! BOOSH achieved every objective set for the US at the outset of the war, despite downright traitorous behavior in Congress. When BOOOSH left Iraq was a relatively stable democracy. That somehow translates in libspeak as failure.
Obama fucked up the SOFA, refused to exert leverage to insure troops staying, ignored advice of trusted advisors and is now reaping the results and somehow he's blameless.
The Kool Aid is thick with this one.

With 150,000 troops still deployed in the field when he left, yeah, it was relatively stable. But President Bush Signs the SOFA where he obligated the country to remove all our troops by 2012 and somehow that is President Obama's fault? Republican logic at it's finest. Ignoring the fact that it was Iraq's call, not the Presidents trusted advisers, who made the decision to block all offers for a residual force. He is guilty of supporting the PM after the Bush Bug Out, well after Maliki's intentions of excluding the Sunnis was known.
You didnt bother reading any of this, right/ You just defaulted to the same talking points you've been mouthing for months.
Idiot.
Read the article. Everything you think you know about this is wrong. Obama had ample opportunity to leave troops. There were Iraqis who wanted him to do that. His own advisors told him to do that. He ignored all of them and now its chaos.

What BS. Bush was spending billions over in that hellhole and the Iraqis STILL were never trained to take their country back. Of course Obama wanted out, America wanted us out of there. Getting into the ME was a huge Bush/Cheney error. T

Yes, it was dat BOOSH! BOOSH achieved every objective set for the US at the outset of the war, despite downright traitorous behavior in Congress. When BOOOSH left Iraq was a relatively stable democracy. That somehow translates in libspeak as failure.
Obama fucked up the SOFA, refused to exert leverage to insure troops staying, ignored advice of trusted advisors and is now reaping the results and somehow he's blameless.

The ISIS military is being run by former high ranking officers from Saddam's regime,

part the Iraqi military that Bush disbanded early in the war.
Thats of course a gross oversimplification without support and implications that arent remotely reasonable.
But what else could anyone expect from you?

Yeah....I was gonna ask him for a link because I knew it was bullshit....but why waste my breath. Many of the key ISIS leadership figures moved from Afghanistan to Syria. That is known. They are Al-Qaeda with a different brand name.

With 150,000 troops still deployed in the field when he left, yeah, it was relatively stable. But President Bush Signs the SOFA where he obligated the country to remove all our troops by 2012 and somehow that is President Obama's fault? Republican logic at it's finest. Ignoring the fact that it was Iraq's call, not the Presidents trusted advisers, who made the decision to block all offers for a residual force. He is guilty of supporting the PM after the Bush Bug Out, well after Maliki's intentions of excluding the Sunnis was known.

So where is Panetta wrong....specifically?

Panetta never objected to the SOFA until he needed to cover his ass with 2 years worth of hindsight.
You dont know that. From his account he objected. As an administration official he could not voice those objections publicly.
You really are sort of clueless as to how this works, arent you?

What BS. Bush was spending billions over in that hellhole and the Iraqis STILL were never trained to take their country back. Of course Obama wanted out, America wanted us out of there. Getting into the ME was a huge Bush/Cheney error. T

How do you defeat ISIS, or do you even see them as a threat? And yes, Bush was wrong. It does not change the present reality.

If any Liberal would please address this one simple point or even acknowledge it....it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

So where is Panetta wrong....specifically?
He is putting a spin on the story that makes him look innocent and on at the present seems like the favorable side of the issue. The alternate spin is that other advisers to the President may have pointed out that after all the blood and treasure we already spent in Iraq the Iraqi government was demanding concessions be made for us to remain and prop up their military with the potential of spending more blood and treasure in the future.
There was no spin. There were facts. The fact is Obama had the ability to leave troops behind and rushed headlong to leave. That is simply a fact.
Anything rhe Left doesnt want to hear becomes "spin" or "talking points" and dismissable.

How do you defeat ISIS, or do you even see them as a threat? And yes, Bush was wrong. It does not change the present reality.

If any Liberal would please address this one simple point or even acknowledge it....it would be greatly appreciated.

So now you want Obama to be responsible for ISIS? Imo, it is all a part of the mistake of going in there. ISIS is just another generation of terrorist. We'll have another one to replace them I'm sure.

Obama's former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta states in a new book what everyone with a grain of intelligence knows.....Obama was so eager to get out of Iraq they did not negotiate in good faith to leave U.S. forces in the Country. Hence, the rise of ISIS and the terrible mess we are currently experiencing in the Middle East.

Here is a key quote.

Washington (AFP) - Former Pentagon chief Leon Panetta has denounced the White House in a new memoir, accusing President Barack Obama's top aides of undercutting efforts to secure a deal in 2011 that could have kept US troops in Iraq.

"Flournoy at the Defense Department argued our case, and those on our side viewed the White House as so eager to rid itself of Iraq that it was willing to withdraw rather than lock in arrangements that would preserve our influence and interests," he wrote.

"To my frustration, the White House coordinated the negotiations but never really led them.

"Officials there seemed content to endorse an agreement if State and Defense could reach one, but without the President’s active advocacy, al-Maliki was allowed to slip away," he wrote.

The deal slipped away.

A link to the full story.

Obama team wanted US out of Iraq Panetta - Yahoo News
We should have never been there in the first place. The whole Iraq debacle is Bush's fault. It should be laid at his feet, his and his administration's, and nowhere else.

Wrong. That's been explained a million times in similar threads for months now. Try reading them.

No, what you mean is, you people defending Bush have lost that argument a million times. Try reading them.
Only in your mind.
In reality Bush was right and all the little Mon morning quarterbackers have been shown to be the little quislings and ignoramuses we all said you were.

Most of us have spent months squashing that naïve statement. Now Panetta backing it up.

YAWN

Most of us have spent months squashing that naïve statement. Now Panetta backing it up.

YAWN

Panetta's quote:

"Nouri al-Maliki was the elected prime minister. He didn't want the U.S. troops."

So now you want Obama to be responsible for ISIS? Imo, it is all a part of the mistake of going in there. ISIS is just another generation of terrorist. We'll have another one to replace them I'm sure.
Obama is directly responsible for the growth of ISIS because he could have taken action that would have prevented it. Not its formation necessarily, but its success i nthe area. And he was sufficiently informed of all this but made a bad decision. Which is the hallmark of his presidency.

Obama's former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta states in a new book what everyone with a grain of intelligence knows.....Obama was so eager to get out of Iraq they did not negotiate in good faith to leave U.S. forces in the Country. Hence, the rise of ISIS and the terrible mess we are currently experiencing in the Middle East.

Here is a key quote.

Washington (AFP) - Former Pentagon chief Leon Panetta has denounced the White House in a new memoir, accusing President Barack Obama's top aides of undercutting efforts to secure a deal in 2011 that could have kept US troops in Iraq.

"Flournoy at the Defense Department argued our case, and those on our side viewed the White House as so eager to rid itself of Iraq that it was willing to withdraw rather than lock in arrangements that would preserve our influence and interests," he wrote.

"To my frustration, the White House coordinated the negotiations but never really led them.

"Officials there seemed content to endorse an agreement if State and Defense could reach one, but without the President’s active advocacy, al-Maliki was allowed to slip away," he wrote.

The deal slipped away.

We should have never been there in the first place. The whole Iraq debacle is Bush's fault. It should be laid at his feet, his and his administration's, and nowhere else.

Wrong. That's been explained a million times in similar threads for months now. Try reading them.

No, what you mean is, you people defending Bush have lost that argument a million times. Try reading them.
Only in your mind.
In reality Bush was right and all the little Mon morning quarterbackers have been shown to be the little quislings and ignoramuses we all said you were.

It's been a thing of beauty not only watching Panetta but other people that worked for Obama say the same thing we've been saying. Been hilarious.

ISIS is being run by officers from Saddam's army. The army that Bush and Paul Bremer disbanded, a blunder that had serious repercussions lasting years in Iraq;

ISIS is an ongoing effect of that blunder.

YAWN

Panetta's quote:

"Nouri al-Maliki was the elected prime minister. He didn't want the U.S. troops."
Yeah repeating the same shit isnt helpful. al Maliki was not the only player in Iraq. Obama had significant leverage he could have used but didnt.
Your desperation is showing here.

Obama is directly responsible for the growth of ISIS because he could have taken action that would have prevented it. Not its formation necessarily, but its success i nthe area. And he was sufficiently informed of all this but made a bad decision. Which is the hallmark of his presidency.

There was no action he could take. Period. You have your myth, enjoy it along with all your other myths, but it won't stop being a myth.

And lucky for us we got out. The only mistake here is Obama getting sucked back in.

Here is a key quote.

The deal slipped away.

Only in your mind.

It's been a thing of beauty not only watching Panetta but other people that worked for Obama say the same thing we've been saying. Been hilarious.
At this point it is merely the terminally stupid, deliberately dense, and profoundly partisan who can even begin to defend Obama and his atrocious record. Any reasonable person sees he has been totally out his depth and has made terrible decisions. All the evidence supports that.

YAWN

Panetta's quote:

Yeah repeating the same shit isnt helpful. al Maliki was not the only player in Iraq. Obama had significant leverage he could have used but didnt.
Your desperation is showing here.

Facts are not desperation. Denying the irrefutable facts is desperation.

There was no action he could take. Period. You have your myth, enjoy it along with all your other myths, but it won't stop being a myth.

And lucky for us we got out. The only mistake here is Obama getting sucked back in.
Yes, the most powerful man in the world had no leverage over a war torn impoverished country that was home to thousands of troops.
Your excuses are laughable.

Only in your mind.

At this point it is merely the terminally stupid, deliberately dense, and profoundly partisan who can even begin to defend Obama and his atrocious record. Any reasonable person sees he has been totally out his depth and has made terrible decisions. All the evidence supports that.

And once again I remind everyone that the Rabbi praised the withdrawal from Iraq at the time and gave all the 'credit' to President George W. Bush.

Yes, the most powerful man in the world had no leverage over a war torn impoverished country that was home to thousands of troops.
Your excuses are laughable.

You supported the withdrawal. We've already posted your support for it and your praise for Bush for it.

Forum List

Back