How Old Do You The Earth Is?

If you believe Biblical scholars that have calculated it over the years.

Creationist cosmologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A very small part of religious people believe the 6000 year claim. Further God specifically said man could not know his time or figure out when something was going to happen.

I have a question though? If Cain was cast out after killing Able and went and joined others where did they come from? And of course who exactly where Adam and Eve's children marrying?

A very small part of religious people believe the 6000 year claim. Further God specifically said man could not know his time or figure out when something was going to happen.

I have a question though? If Cain was cast out after killing Able and went and joined others where did they come from? And of course who exactly where Adam and Eve's children marrying?

I'm afraid that if we have to take creationism literally, we'd have to take days literally, too.

No they don't. The figure of 6,000 years is the lineage of Jesus Christ back to Adam and Eve. Not the age of the earth.

You're not "up to date" on the young earth theory. I don't know why people insist on arguing points they obviously have no knowledge of. Could you explain your motivation for stating as fact that incorrect piece of info? Or what led you to believe that idea, was it just faulty memory of something you thought you heard? There's a good explaination of how they calculate a 6000 year age for the Earth here: 6000-years - creation.com

In summary they say; "It is not the purpose of this article to choose any particular one of these chronologies, but rather to show how the plain interpretation of Scripture gives a straightforward chronology that leads us to believe the world is around 6,000 years old, regardless of which of these other chronological frameworks one uses."

The sun was created on the 4th day.
What measurement of time was used for the first 3 cycles of "evening" and "morning" is up for grabs.

The idea that God created the Universe is easier to believe than the theory that a Big Bang occurred in the distant past and the Universe has expanded ever since.

Is OP a "Big Bang Theory" kind of guy? Got any evidence to back that up?
Yes. It's called science.

So with absolutely no actual proof you "believe" in the theory of evolution. But those of us that "believe" in God are wrong right?

When did I say I didn't believe in God? Evolution would be the way God brought about creation. That's mistake one. Mistake 2 is declaring there's "absolutely no proof". It just shows don't really care what the truth is.

When did I say I didn't believe in God? Evolution would be the way God brought about creation. That's mistake one. Mistake 2 is declaring there's "absolutely no proof". It just shows don't really care what the truth is.

There is no evidence that mammals have ever evolved from one species into 2 or more different species. There is no evidence that man and ape evolved from a single source.

Forum List

Back