How stupid are people on the left?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?

I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?
Hardcore partisan ideologues allow their perceptions to be distorted, including talking themselves into believing anything that supports their ideology. They do this by (a) constantly repeating the same general talking points, (b) exposing themselves largely to opinions that agree with their own, and (c) actively shutting out opposing ideas.

In other words, it appears they really do believe what they're saying, at least at some level.

Both ends.

• Banned
Hardcore partisan ideologues allow their perceptions to be distorted, including talking themselves into believing anything that supports their ideology. They do this by (a) constantly repeating the same general talking points, (b) exposing themselves largely to opinions that agree with their own, and (c) actively shutting out opposing ideas.

In other words, it appears they really do believe what they're saying, at least at some level.

Both ends.

I was pointing out that believing you are telling the truth and actually repeating something that is true are two different things.

Both ends.

I was pointing out that believing you are telling the truth and actually repeating something that is true are two different things.
Agreed!

• Banned

Both ends.

Agreed!

It is so frustrating with the left sometimes because how do you have a rational argument if people can't even tell the difference between a true statement and one that is not true.

Truth is predicated on facts. Present some occasionally and see what happens.

Both ends.

Agreed!

It is so frustrating with the left sometimes because how do you have a rational argument if people can't even tell the difference between a true statement and one that is not true.
Its only frustrating to you because from what i have seen you have no clue what the truth is.

Both ends.

Agreed!

Its only frustrating to you because from what i have seen you have no clue what the truth is.

This is kind of revealing...

Both ends.

Agreed!

Well, I don't attach intelligence to hardcore partisan ideology. I think they're mutually exclusive.

Perfectly intelligent people can allow themselves to become hardcore partisan ideologues.

In fact, I'd argue it takes a reasonably good foundational intelligence to so quickly and consistently come up with the spin, distortion, deflection and outright lies so common with hardcore partisan ideologues. Such behavior requires a certain level of intellectual elasticity all by itself.

Both ends.

Agreed!

Are you saying you were unaware that you never seem to be able to hold a conversation without lying or using logical fallacies or is it you are surprised it was so easy for me to point this out to you?

Agreed!

Are you saying you were unaware that you never seem to be able to hold a conversation without lying or using logical fallacies or is it you are surprised it was so easy for me to point this out to you?

Are you aware you are full of shit?

Both ends.

Agreed!

Well, I don't attach intelligence to hardcore partisan ideology. I think they're mutually exclusive.

Perfectly intelligent people can allow themselves to become hardcore partisan ideologues.

In fact, I'd argue it takes a reasonably good foundational intelligence to so quickly and consistently come up with the spin, distortion, deflection and outright lies so common with hardcore partisan ideologues. Such behavior requires a certain level of intellectual elasticity all by itself.

I don't know about that because if you really believe what you are saying is the truth and you don't lie then how do you not be hardcore about what you believe. In your mind it would be a completely accurate statement so why would you say anything other than what you believe is true? Wouldn't we all be kind of hardcore about what we believe at that point?

Yo

Why are you watching judge Judy, and why do you think her audience is relevant?

Agreed!

Are you aware you are full of shit?

Scintillating rebuttal there, Sparky. Can't even stay on your own topic.

Both ends.

Agreed!

I don't know about that because if you really believe what you are saying is the truth and you don't lie then how do you not be hardcore about what you believe. In your mind it would be a completely accurate statement so why would you say anything other than what you believe is true? Wouldn't we all be kind of hardcore about what we believe at that point?
It's in the purity of "the Truth", which is one of the ways to identify someone who has convinced themselves that their ideology alone is the right one. When I see someone saying that they "speak the Truth", or that someone else doesn't know "the Truth", then I know I'm dealing with someone who is intellectually constrained by binary thought processes. They have convinced themselves that they have a vice-like grip on "the Truth", and anyone who disagrees with them does not.

Life isn't binary. It doesn't fit on a bumper sticker. It's complicated.

Agreed!

It's in the purity of "the Truth", which is one of the ways to identify someone who has convinced themselves that their ideology alone is the right one. When I see someone saying that they "speak the Truth", or that someone else doesn't know "the Truth", then I know I'm dealing with someone who is intellectually constrained by binary thought processes. They have convinced themselves that they have a vice-like grip on "the Truth", and anyone who disagrees with them does not.

We really should have vice like grip on the truth since having a vice like grip on anything else is a vice-like grip on something that isn't the truth. Do you think people should embrace a lie?

Yo

Why are you watching judge Judy, and why do you think her audience is relevant?

I didn't say I was watching Judge Judy.

Agreed!

We really should have vice like grip on the truth since having a vice like grip on anything else is a vice-like grip on something that isn't the truth. Do you think people should embrace a lie?
If both ends on an argument are convinced they have The Truth on their side, which one is right?

Forum List

Back