How stupid are people on the left?

We really should have vice like grip on the truth since having a vice like grip on anything else is a vice-like grip on something that isn't the truth. Do you think people should embrace a lie?
If both ends on an argument are convinced they have The Truth on their side, which one is right?

Your question implies they both can't be right at the same time since we are asking which ONE is right. This means that there has to be a true and false between them. Which one that is is up to us to decide.
Agreed! And reasonable people will come to different conclusions, based on their perspective.

That means that even the interpretation of The Truth is subjective. So to paint The Truth as having only one possible meaning simply doesn't work.

WHat you are saying if two people are haveing an argument and one is telling the truth and the other is not telling the truth two observers can be watching it and come up with two different opinions on which is which.

"Wouldn't this mean that each is telling the truth and an a lie at the same time. How is that possible?"

It's not.

The problem is that certain posters (cough-Mac-Cough) have a palpable fear of actually choosing a side....no matter which is lying and which is telling the truth.
For them (him), equivalency is more important than rectitude.
You keep trying that lie. Then I challenge you to prove it, and you somehow disappear. Four or five times now.

Thank you for yet another lovely example of my point, the simplistic, binary thought of hardcore partisan ideologues on both sides. Right on cue.

I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?

it's so funny when someone as stupid a troll as you are calls others stupid.

troll. :cuckoo:

I hope you get left behind on the side of the road somewhere.

I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?

it's so funny when someone as stupid a troll as you are calls others stupid.

troll. :cuckoo:

th

If both ends on an argument are convinced they have The Truth on their side, which one is right?

Your question implies they both can't be right at the same time since we are asking which ONE is right. This means that there has to be a true and false between them. Which one that is is up to us to decide.
Agreed! And reasonable people will come to different conclusions, based on their perspective.

That means that even the interpretation of The Truth is subjective. So to paint The Truth as having only one possible meaning simply doesn't work.

WHat you are saying if two people are haveing an argument and one is telling the truth and the other is not telling the truth two observers can be watching it and come up with two different opinions on which is which.

"Wouldn't this mean that each is telling the truth and an a lie at the same time. How is that possible?"

It's not.

The problem is that certain posters (cough-Mac-Cough) have a palpable fear of actually choosing a side....no matter which is lying and which is telling the truth.
You keep trying that lie. Then I challenge you to prove it, and you somehow disappear. Four or five times now.

Thank you for yet another lovely example of my point, the simplistic, binary thought of hardcore partisan ideologues on both sides. Right on cue.

Gee.....I seem to have hit a nerve.........again.

It's not.

Yeah, I must admit, I don't suffer cowards gladly.

Hardcore partisan ideologues allow their perceptions to be distorted, including talking themselves into believing anything that supports their ideology. They do this by (a) constantly repeating the same general talking points, (b) exposing themselves largely to opinions that agree with their own, and (c) actively shutting out opposing ideas.

In other words, it appears they really do believe what they're saying, at least at some level.

Both ends.

I was pointing out that believing you are telling the truth and actually repeating something that is true are two different things.

People are stupid man. I was in a thread the other day and a FACT was brought up and of course a partisan dipshit said "that's not true" pointed out to them that it was a FACT and their response was "I'm entitled to my opinion" Dumb shits really don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion.

What was Sanders lying about?

We really should have vice like grip on the truth since having a vice like grip on anything else is a vice-like grip on something that isn't the truth. Do you think people should embrace a lie?

It's not.

Centrism is a side. In fact, it's the side that tends to decide the fate of the other two (left/right) sides.

WHat you are saying if two people are haveing an argument and one is telling the truth and the other is not telling the truth two observers can be watching it and come up with two different opinions on which is which. Wouldn't this mean that each is telling the truth and an a lie at the same time. How is that possible?
If one person is lying in a conversation, and they know they're lying, then that's it.

What I'm saying is that many people are telling the truth as they see it. They are personally convinced that they are being honest. I suspect - literally - that political partisans regularly talk themselves into things that a reasonable person knows are not true. But if they really believe it, they're not lying.

There's a thread on this board that contends that a lot of left-leaning Americans are actually Communists. There's another thread that contends that personal income taxation above 50% equates to slavery. Slavery! After communicating with those posters, I think it's really possible that they have convinced themselves that what they're saying is "The Truth". At least I can't get them to budge in the slightest.

And, of course, the same stuff happens all over the political spectrum, such as the "Trump is a Nazi" stuff. That's what I'm talking about.

I disagree with that. I don't find it plausible that these people have actually convinced themselves that they are telling the truth. On some level liars always know they are lying.

My first question is WTF were you doing watching Judge Judy, and why in the world did you just admit it to everyone???

It's not.

Yeah, I must admit, I don't suffer cowards gladly.

So....what? You're gonna smash all your mirrors????

Calm down and accept who you are.

What was Sanders lying about?

She didn't say he was lying. She said he believes he is telling the truth. It is not the same statement.

My first question is WTF were you doing watching Judge Judy, and why in the world did you just admit it to everyone???
Even more disturbing is the OP said he was watching Judge Judy then he lied and denied it. All this in an OP about truth.

Even more disturbing is the OP said he was watching Judge Judy then he lied and denied it. All this in an OP about truth.

Completely irrational. I said I saw Judge Judy on a show. I didn't say it was her show. I said it was A show with her on it. She does do other appearances on other shows from time to time.

Completely irrational. I said I saw Judge Judy on a show. I didn't say it was her show. I said it was A show with her on it. She does do other appearances on other shows from time to time.

Was she on "The View?" :D

Nope thats not what you said. You need to read your own OP. Please quote where you say you were watching anything other than Judge Judy. its OK you were caught lying but I did tell you that you had a hard time telling the truth.

"I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?"

WHat you are saying if two people are haveing an argument and one is telling the truth and the other is not telling the truth two observers can be watching it and come up with two different opinions on which is which. Wouldn't this mean that each is telling the truth and an a lie at the same time. How is that possible?
If one person is lying in a conversation, and they know they're lying, then that's it.

What I'm saying is that many people are telling the truth as they see it. They are personally convinced that they are being honest. I suspect - literally - that political partisans regularly talk themselves into things that a reasonable person knows are not true. But if they really believe it, they're not lying.

There's a thread on this board that contends that a lot of left-leaning Americans are actually Communists. There's another thread that contends that personal income taxation above 50% equates to slavery. Slavery! After communicating with those posters, I think it's really possible that they have convinced themselves that what they're saying is "The Truth". At least I can't get them to budge in the slightest.

And, of course, the same stuff happens all over the political spectrum, such as the "Trump is a Nazi" stuff. That's what I'm talking about.

I don't know if a person who tells something that isn't true is telling the truth. I know that people may tell what they think is true such as the cases where person X was told where person Y was by some liar B. Person X doesn't know that B is a liar so she repeats what was said to her and treats it as the truth. I don't know if that makes her a liar since she didn't intend for any deceit on her part but she definitely did not tell the truth in that she unknowingly repeated the same lie that liar B has originally said.

I think people may find themselves in this position. They are told something that isn't true but don't know it isn't true. Their ignorance doesn't make what they say correct simply because they are unaware of their false statement. It just means that their heart is in the right place in that they are not willfully trying to decieve people like Liar B was.

Nope thats not what you said. You need to read your own OP. Please quote where you say you were watching anything other than Judge Judy. its OK you were caught lying but I did tell you that you had a hard time telling the truth.

"I was just watching Judge Judy's telling everyone she thinks that Bernie Sanders believes he is telling the truth. THat is an accurate statement but believing you are telling the truth and actually telling the truth are two different things. Despite this the audience cheered as if she was saying Bernie is telling the truth. Don't people know the fucking difference?"

I wasn't referring to Judge Judy the show but Judge Judy the person. That is her title.

I wasn't referring to Judge Judy the show but Judge Judy the person. That is her title.
Thats impossible. You specifically used the possessive form "Judge Judy's". If you were talking about the person you would have left off the "s". Now your compounding your lie with another lie.

I disagree with that. I don't find it plausible that these people have actually convinced themselves that they are telling the truth. On some level liars always know they are lying.
Sure, at some level. I've actually done some research on the psychology of partisanship, for what it's worth. A subconscious can be trained, literally, to "believe" things that at some level a person knows are not 100% true. But on a conscious level, that person will "believe" what they're saying, and/or hearing.

Fascinating stuff.

Forum List

Back