How to Know You Won a Political Debate on the Internet

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Dilbert’s creator gets this one perfectly right when he asks:

Do you remember the time you changed a stranger’s political opinion on the Internet by using your logic and your accurate data?

C’mon. We all know the answer to that.

Never!

Not once.

We then get these:

Absurd Absolute

Analogy

Attack the Messenger (all the time and as regular as clockwork)

The Psychic Psychiatrist Illusion

In other words, one has to realize that trying to argue a point is like butting your head against a brick wall. They – and you – have made up their minds and there is absolutely nothing you can post that will ever change their mind.

From Scott Adams' Blog

I disagree. Some haven't made up their minds and are on the fence. Hearing the right thing can do it for them, especially if they were a diehard liberal that gets burned by the Left, finally realizing the hypocrisy, these people converted to a new, conservative way of thinking always make the best conservatives!

I disagree. Some haven't made up their minds and are on the fence. Hearing the right thing can do it for them, especially if they were a diehard liberal that gets burned by the Left, finally realizing the hypocrisy, these people converted to a new, conservative way of thinking always make the best conservatives!
What you smoking? Lol

Do you remember the time you changed a stranger’s political opinion on the Internet by using your logic and your accurate data?

Never!

Not once.

We then get these:

Absurd Absolute

Analogy

In other words, one has to realize that trying to argue a point is like butting your head against a brick wall. They – and you – have made up their minds and there is absolutely nothing you can post that will ever change their mind.

From Scott Adams' Blog
Way ahead of you: Common Logical Fallacies In Political Arguments

The other way you know you've won is when the libnut on the other end starts calling you names and insults. They got nothing.

Didn't see that in the OP but you're right on target. Attack is their way of admitting defeat.

Rarely has somebody made me look at things from another angle that I hadn't considered before. It has happened a few times, I just can't recall the last time when. When it did happen it didn't hurt me to expressed my thanks and appreciation.

The other way you know you've won is when the libnut on the other end starts calling you names and insults. They got nothing.

Libs? Playa please ! You confront the cons here and they reply in meme form.

I've studied these traitors for years. This, or a variation of it, is what they always do.

Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist card

11. Make up stuff

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand when they have been posting about it for days.

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

Progressives are the hardest because their blood pressure makes them deaf.

How to Know You Won a Political Debate on the Internet

When the facts are on your side. And we all know and can agree that facts have a liberal bias.

Never!

Not once.

We then get these:

Absurd Absolute

Analogy

From Scott Adams' Blog
If you're a rich conservative or middle class liberal you vote right. Everyone else is an idiot

Always? Absolute, you lose. :banana:

Always? Absolute, you lose. :banana:

No, you just always think that if you SAY the other side lost, they really did. You cannot tell your own dreams from reality and think your dreams ARE reality. They really aren't. Except to you.

Never!

Not once.

We then get these:

Absurd Absolute

Analogy

From Scott Adams' Blog

Hmmm. not necessarily--there are people who are using these forums to become more informed. But how you really know you're winning a debate with someone and you've got them cornered--is when they start doing a spell check, remark on your punctuation, etc--because at that time they have nothing else to remark on or to counter your claim.

As we see on this board--there are a lot of people that are now just defending their own ignorance by being a firm supporter or voting for Donald Trump. They just cannot bear to admit what a YUGGGGE mistake they've made.

So they will get on here and defend the indefensible--no matter what it takes. And this will be their life all the way up until impeachment day.

Tea-Party-Quacks.jpg

Forum List

Back