How to solve all of America's problems.

Mr.Right

Mar 19, 2015
It's quite simple, and it comes from the Bible. All we need to do is treat others the way we wish to be treated.

Everything that's wrong with this country is a direct result of not following this one simple piece of advice.

Whether it's greed, racism, envy or any of the sins mentioned in the Bible, it all boils down to how we treat others.

It doesn't matter what political party you belong to. This goes beyond politics. Change starts with the individual. Until that happens, our country will never change for the better.

In other words we need to start respecting hard working Americans and paying them a living wage because that is how we want to be treated ourselves?

• Thanks
Reactions: jan
]

So you live on a island with no one else but yourself?[/QUOTE]

The world would be a much better place if everyone just minded their own business.

It's quite simple, and it comes from the Bible. All we need to do is treat others the way we wish to be treated.

Everything that's wrong with this country is a direct result of not following this one simple piece of advice.

Whether it's greed, racism, envy or any of the sins mentioned in the Bible, it all boils down to how we treat others.

It doesn't matter what political party you belong to. This goes beyond politics. Change starts with the individual. Until that happens, our country will never change for the better.
Ahhhhhh...the golden rule. Yep...it's a good one, and one I was taught since childhood. But I will say, the world is a cruel place and has a way of minimizing simple goodness.

The world would be a much better place if everyone just minded their own business.

Sounds more like a recipe for the collapse of civilization and extremely low living standards.
I believe know exactly what he meant. Why do people always have to twist what others say?

I do not know what he meant no. It could be any number of things.
Really? He's made over twenty thousand posts, and you can't use context to figure it out. Surely, you've seen enough of them to have a clue.

We work for the world bank. I wonder why we do what we do, I think we need to to keep the powers happy.

While the concept is great the application is a little tricky.

A liberal will tell you that the 1 percent have too much money and they too little money. Thus if they were a one percenter they would give their money away to people who need it. After all if you needed money isn't that what you would want done? The next thought is that if you don't willingly give your money then government has the moral obligation to do for you what you should do yourself, and they will take your money and give it to someone else who needs it.

A whole host of people operate on the reverse of this. Take trust for example, a person doesn't trust other people because they themselves can't be trusted.

A liberal will tell you that the 1 percent have too much money and they too little money. Thus if they were a one percenter they would give their money away to people who need it. After all if you needed money isn't that what you would want done? The next thought is that if you don't willingly give your money then government has the moral obligation to do for you what you should do yourself, and they will take your money and give it to someone else who needs it.

A whole host of people operate on the reverse of this. Take trust for example, a person doesn't trust other people because they themselves can't be trusted.
Logical fallacy. Here's why. People have money because they earned it, or inherited it. If they followed the golden rule, they would use that money to help others. No one would have to force them. Also, if everyone followed the golden rule, trust wouldn't be an issue, would it?

The golden rule is based upon everyone behaving like adults.

Unfortunately that isn't always the case.

However when you respect the work that someone else does then you respect the person who does it too. You might be a manager or the person who cleans the bathrooms but you both deserve equal respect for working hard and doing your jobs.

No one wants to have to use a dirty bathroom and so those who keep them clean are doing a job that many look down on. But that is wrong. If it wasn't for clean bathrooms how many workers would get sick? Yes, it is lousy job but that doesn't mean that the person who does it doesn't deserve respect.

When was the last time you thanked the person who cleans your bathrooms at work?

Logical fallacy. Here's why. People have money because they earned it, or inherited it. If they followed the golden rule, they would use that money to help others. No one would have to force them. Also, if everyone followed the golden rule, trust wouldn't be an issue, would it?

Not necessarily. What if a person feels that another person only deserves what they earned, nothing more? And if a person sits on their asses and does nothing they deserve nothing? Easily a person can say that they deserve what they got through hard work and if they didn't have it they would expect to be just given it.

You are making a moral statement of what you feel you think you would like done to you. I suggest that until you hit the poverty line you start giving all your money away. You don't have to be rich to be generous, matter of fact the poor person who gives the little they have is highly praised.

I guess the question is, are there poor in America, truly poor who are starving? I say very few. The second question is, are there poor because of lack of money in the system or because of lack of opportunity?

The majority of people receiving some form of welfare are working at least one job, sometimes 2 or 3 jobs.

That they don't earn enough working all those hours says that there is something wrong with the pay scales.

That's a good start. Next would be to fix the problems in our families.

Forum List

Back