How to stop the police from breaking the law, Arizona style.

Because the 1st Amendment only applies to Congress not making any laws abridging freedom of the Press and they haven't, Arizona is not the Congress, and has only asked street citizens which are NOT the Press to stand back a little and let the cops work while they play with their cellphones.
Too, IMO, you are falling into the demofk ditch here. No where does it say that Press is a licensed group. I believe it means the people are the press no matter what. news is news no matter who is providing a story. It's anyone's freedom to release information regarding anything. Again, just my opinion of the wording.

No where does it say that Press is a licensed group.
You can't assume that because they didn't define a limit that the press then is anyone. When written, the Press referred to that body of reporters and journalists which as a living, professionally gathered news on the government and informed the public via printed media.

This has nothing to do with you taking cellphone video of a cop. Police are not the government proper, you are not the press, and no freedom has been abridged regardless.

You can't assume that because they didn't define a limit that the press then is anyone. When written, the Press referred to that body of reporters and journalists which as a living, professionally gathered news on the government and informed the public via printed media.

This has nothing to do with you taking cellphone video of a cop. Police are not the government proper, you are not the press, and no freedom has been abridged regardless.
I just gave another example, are you going to take time to watch it??
and these guys do do this for a living even thought no where in the 1st A it says they have to,,

Forum List

Back