How to stop the police from breaking the law, Arizona style.

You don’t need to prove anything, the burden of proof is not on the accused. Still see no issue with the law.
Uh huh. Unfortunately, not how it really works in the real world. Most plea out of misdemeanors.

So why do you think they brought filming into it? Still looking for that answer.

What I posted was from the linked source of the OP.
Was referring to your question.

Don't ask me of it makes sense. I am not passing or enforcing laws. Ask yourself if it makes sense that they brought filming into it.

Seems like you think it doesn't make sense.

I say it does make sense, because their goal is to reduce the amount of clear footage of police activity and to prevent and intimidate people from filming closely.

Don't ask me of it makes sense. I am not passing or enforcing laws. Ask yourself if it makes sense that they brought filming into it.

I say it does make sense, because their goal is to reduce the amount of clear footage of police activity and to prevent and intimidate people from filming closely.
If I really wanted to get to the bottom of this, I certainly would look deeper than just the 'Amended Bill", I would want to look at it in its entirety.
But....the fish are calling my name, and it will be a good day on the lake.

Uh huh. Unfortunately, not how it really works in the real world. Most plea out of misdemeanors.

So why do you think they brought filming into it? Still looking for that answer.
You already have your reasons, why ask me, I already told you, they don't want people filming at close range and possibly interfere with their responsibilities, like arresting serving warrants, handing out citations.

What I posted was from the linked source of the OP. No, I'm not kidding.
Makes sense, and I am not sure why they had to make a special provision.
Do you think that if they aren't recording they can get a foot or two from an arresting officer? Does that make sense?
now that was a stupid question to that asshole.

well most reasonable people can at least say that we don't want the public interfering in arrests or gun fights, so clearly some distance would be required for that, but I give two shits if the public is filming though. Film away, just stay out of their business.

You already have your reasons, why ask me, I already told you, they don't want people filming at close range and possibly interfere with their responsibilities, like arresting serving warrants, handing out citations.
Why would filming interfere? Just being there would be the same interference. I don't see how holding up a cell phone changes anything in that regard, do you?

So why do you suppose they codified filming into the law?

well most reasonable people can at least say that we don't want the public interfering in arrests or gun fights, so clearly some distance would be required for that, but I give two shits if the public is filming though. Film away, just stay out of their business.
doont you mean "stay out of their way"??
their business is the reason for filming,,

Why would filming interfere? Just being there would be the same interference. I don't see how holding up a cell phone changes anything in that regard, do you?

So why do you suppose they codified filming into the law?
Ask them, then. I see where they are coming from and I am good with it, you aren't, and you don't like my reasoning, so you'll accuse me of not answering you and the real situation is you do like my answer and I am not seeing your reasoning at all.

i will not be surprised if this happens in all states. you can thank these black folks who do it so they can sue can get free money.

I don’t think 6-8 foot requirements are too unrealistic
You don’t need to shove your smart phone in the cops face.

My only problem would be with cops continually moving within 8 feet of you and demanding you step back
Also, you need to be allowed to video from your car

Last edited:

i will not be surprised if this happens in all states. you can thank these black folks who do it so they can sue can get free money.
Exactly. These black folks should be grateful to take their beatings/shootings at the hands of the police.

Just mighty uppity of these black folks to be taking pictures of the poor poor policeman.

What's next? Prosecuting the cops just because they shoot some of 'em?

Forum List

Back