How to stop violent crime.

If someone commits a crime, knowing what the penalty is, they deserve what they get. Yes. That is a Christian idea. And less than one tenth of one percent of guns are ever involved in a crime. You are a blithering idiot. You should kill yourself. It will stop the pain.
Wow. You are sure a murder monger and abrasive for a Christian.

Actually, his "solution" sounds more like Sharia law than it does Christian.

BTW, cool name Wuwei. Are you a Taoist?
No comparison. We don't execute people for blasphemy or switching to another religion.

If someone commits a crime, knowing what the penalty is, they deserve what they get. Yes. That is a Christian idea. And less than one tenth of one percent of guns are ever involved in a crime. You are a blithering idiot. You should kill yourself. It will stop the pain.
Dispensing justice is not murder. And think about how many lives it would save. The reason, the ONLY reason, we have high crime rates is because we are too soft on crime.

What you just described is basically how they take care of things in Muslim countries. Post number 15 tells about an experience I had in Jiddah Saudi Arabia, and you just described their execution system.

Dispensing justice is not murder. And think about how many lives it would save. The reason, the ONLY reason, we have high crime rates is because we are too soft on crime.

How often do you think you can be 100% sure you have the guilty party?

No comparison. We don't execute people for blasphemy or switching to another religion.

The locals that I talked to said that was rare for executions. Most of the executions were for murder, rape and dealing drugs.

Executions per capita in graph:
1AF7CEFD-51FC-4059-8F92-95048684F708.jpeg
What do you think of this idea. It's pretty harsh, and some might even say it's unconstitutional. But it would work.

It's pretty simple. If anyone commits a crime with a deadly weapon, they receive an automatic death penalty. This would require two reliable witnesses, DNA evidence, fingerprint evidence, ballistics, or other irrefutable evidence.. If found guilty, you get two appeals. That's it. Sentence to be carried out immediately after the third appeal. If we had a law like this, the people who commit such crimes would all be dead.

Well, only four spots to climb to be the country with the lowest murder rate!

(Executions per capita in graph)

Last edited:
Conservatives are the perpetrators of never ending crime. Get rid of the reich and then there should be peace.

Conservatives are the perpetrators of never ending crime. Get rid of the reich and then there should be peace.
What planet are you from? It's black liberal punks who are responsible for the majority of violent crime.

You think that Florida shooter worried about the death penalty when he killed alll those kids?

Well....as with gacey...when you are pulling the bodies of 32 young men out of his crawl space I think you have a pretty good case......

You think that Florida shooter worried about the death penalty when he killed alll those kids?

Nope.....different penalties for different criminals......the death penalty will stop some, long prison sentences others....mass shooters usually commit suicide as soon as an armed cop or armed citizen confronts them...

But long prison sentences is how Japan stopped the Yakuza from using guns in their gang wars....

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”

Yes, it is common sense that if the 750 individuals on California's Death Row were all executed within one month, you would see a BIG drop in murders.

Those thugs who go around killing people would be shaking in their boots.

BUT this is the United States of America.

For better or worse, capital punishment -- for all intents and purposes -- is dead. (Except for a few isolated cases in the South.)

So murders will continue.

More murderers will be given life sentences -- or not.

Crime will continue to become even worse as the country's population profile continues to change rapidly.

The situation is hopeless.

Anyone who chooses to live here simply has to hope that s/he can live in a good neighborhood and try to find a good city in which to live if possible.

(Sadly, good neighborhoods and good cities are fast disappearing.)

Well....as with gacey...when you are pulling the bodies of 32 young men out of his crawl space I think you have a pretty good case......

And how many of those cases do we see?

Yes, it is common sense that if the 750 individuals on California's Death Row were all executed within one month, you would see a BIG drop in murders.

For better or worse, capital punishment -- for all intents and purposes -- is dead. (Except for a few isolated cases in the South.)

Crime will continue to become even worse as the country's population profile continues to change rapidly.

Anyone who chooses to live here simply has to hope that s/he can live in a good neighborhood and try to find a good city in which to live if possible.

Ummm, I hate to point out the obvious, but the 750 people on CA's Death Row aren't killing anyone anymore.

I would support the death penalty for cases like this no matter how few....ask dhamer.......and ted bundy.....there are situations where there is no doubt.....for cases where there is doubt, life in prison.......

Ummm, I hate to point out the obvious, but the 750 people on CA's Death Row aren't killing anyone anymore.

They can escape or kill a guard or a member of the staff, that does happen......

DEATH ROW INMATE ESCAPES IN TEXAS

I would support the death penalty for cases like this no matter how few....ask dhamer.......and ted bundy.....there are situations where there is no doubt.....for cases where there is doubt, life in prison.......

I don't argue those. But when those are few and far between, while mistakes and corruption put more people behind bars, I am just not a fan of execution as an answer.

When I referred to those thugs shaking in their boots, I was NOT referring to those murderers already on Death Row.

I was referring to the thousands of thugs who are presently roaming our streets day and night.

They might think twice before killing someone.

Sometimes I really don't understand the mind of an evangelical.
And yes, a Taoist.

You know, growing up in foster care, I ended up living with a few different families, and every time I switched families, they had a different brand of Christianity than where I had just come from. Each family told me when I got there that the people I lived with before had religion wrong, and I now had to believe as they did.

Heavy trip for a young kid through teenager.

When I got older and joined the Navy, I started to look for some type of belief system that I could get behind, but none of them seemed "right" to me because of all the bigotry, especially against others who weren't just like them.

Well, I started to look into the Eastern belief systems and was pretty cool with Buddhism, but I couldn't get behind the idea that a man could in effect become a deity (a Buddha), because I felt a need to believe in a higher power.

A friend of mine saw me reading a book on Buddhism and asked me what I thought. I told him about the idea of becoming a Buddha sounding wrong to me, so he went and got me a book that had a chapter on Tao in it. I really liked what I read, and told him so. He then told me to get a copy of "The Tao of Pooh", read it and get back to him. I really liked what was in there, and we discussed it some more, and then he told me what copy of the Tao Te Ching to buy. It's the one with a blue cover with a red border that is translated by Red Pine and has the original Mangwari texts in the corner, with several interpretations of the verse by various scholars down through the years. If you don't have a copy of that one, I recommend checking it out. Probably the best Tao Te Ching translation that I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm a Taoist as well.
I have two copies of the Tao Te Ching, but the one you cite sounds very interesting. I have been taking classes in Tai Chi and Chi Gong for a total of 16 years from three different masters. I am now taking 5 classes a week of Tai Chi. My current master spends equal amounts of time on the movements as he does on the philosophy. He is deep into the generation and control of Chi and the forces of yin and yang.

Sometimes I really don't understand the mind of an evangelical.
And yes, a Taoist.

You know, growing up in foster care, I ended up living with a few different families, and every time I switched families, they had a different brand of Christianity than where I had just come from. Each family told me when I got there that the people I lived with before had religion wrong, and I now had to believe as they did.

Heavy trip for a young kid through teenager.

When I got older and joined the Navy, I started to look for some type of belief system that I could get behind, but none of them seemed "right" to me because of all the bigotry, especially against others who weren't just like them.

Well, I started to look into the Eastern belief systems and was pretty cool with Buddhism, but I couldn't get behind the idea that a man could in effect become a deity (a Buddha), because I felt a need to believe in a higher power.

A friend of mine saw me reading a book on Buddhism and asked me what I thought. I told him about the idea of becoming a Buddha sounding wrong to me, so he went and got me a book that had a chapter on Tao in it. I really liked what I read, and told him so. He then told me to get a copy of "The Tao of Pooh", read it and get back to him. I really liked what was in there, and we discussed it some more, and then he told me what copy of the Tao Te Ching to buy. It's the one with a blue cover with a red border that is translated by Red Pine and has the original Mangwari texts in the corner, with several interpretations of the verse by various scholars down through the years. If you don't have a copy of that one, I recommend checking it out. Probably the best Tao Te Ching translation that I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm a Taoist as well.
I have two copies of the Tao Te Ching, but the one you cite sounds very interesting. I have been taking classes in Tai Chi and Chi Gong for a total of 16 years from three different masters. I am now taking 5 classes a week of Tai Chi. My current master spends equal amounts of time on the movements as he does on the philosophy. He is deep into the generation and control of Chi and the forces of yin and yang.

It's probably the best copy of the Tao that I've ever come across, and I've been a Taoist since around 1995. Like I said, it's got a light blue cover with a red border, and it is translated by a dude named Red Pine.

And, like I said, the best part is how it's laid out. At the beginning of the book, it gives a bit of history of Lao Tzu and his teachings, as well as a bit of background on where he lived. Then, when you get to the actual Tao portion of the book, it's laid out VERY well. On the upper left hand corner of the page, you have a copy of the original texts in Chinese (translate them if you wish and are able), then across from that is the English translation of the text, and under that, and on the right hand page, it has commentaries of various teachers over the years like Confucious and others. It's all together in a easy to cross reference style and is a very good one to study. You could do a lot worse with some of the other translations I've seen.

But, like I said, even though I don't read Chinese, it's kinda cool to have a copy of the original text to look at.

What do you think of this idea. It's pretty harsh, and some might even say it's unconstitutional. But it would work.

It's pretty simple. If anyone commits a crime with a deadly weapon, they receive an automatic death penalty. This would require two reliable witnesses, DNA evidence, fingerprint evidence, ballistics, or other irrefutable evidence.. If found guilty, you get two appeals. That's it. Sentence to be carried out immediately after the third appeal. If we had a law like this, the people who commit such crimes would all be dead.

Ah I remember how well that worked in 18th century England- pretty much anyone who committed any violent crime could count on being hanged.

Stopped all violent crime.

Oh wait.......no it didn't.......

Simple solutions for simple folk.

Forum List

Back