🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How Trump could get the economy going

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Could a President Donald Trump get the economy going again? So far he has only laid out the bare bones of his economic plan. But it has the makings of an excellent program.

Balancing Trade - First and foremost, he plans to negotiate balanced trade agreements and even threatens taxes on imports as a way to move trade into balance. If he moves trade toward balance, that would provide a tremendous boost to the economy.

Jobs for the Unemployed - Trump plans to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and plans to deport illegal immigrants, which would open many jobs to unemployed Americans. This would increase the opportunities for unemployed and under-employed Americans.

Cutting through the Regulations - Trump has resisted the minimum wage. Destructive regulations also include laws requiring all government contractors to pay union wages on federal contracts, barring the export of American-produced oil, requiring ethanol in gasoline, and the actions of a host of regulatory bodies including those created by the Dodd-Frank bill, not to mention the Community Investment Act which forced banks to make the sub-prime loans that compounded the severity of the Great Recession.

Tax Reform - Trump wants to simplify the U.S. tax code. The high U.S. corporate income tax rate has encouraged U.S. corporations to move their production and headquarters abroad.

Putting America First - Above all, Trump is a patriot, in contrast to the internationalists that dominate Washington. Take Obamatrade, for example, which Republican congressional leaders supported, but Trump opposed. Not only would it enable currency manipulation, but it would also set up international commissions with the power to force changes in U.S. labor, immigration and environmental laws.

Read more: Articles: How Trump could get the Economy Going
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Some of Trump's policies look fine to me . . . but I do fear that he would be an embarassing fool as a president. I'm concerned that he is much more entertainer than thinker.

Some of Trump's policies look fine to me . . . but I do fear that he would be an embarassing fool as a president. I'm concerned that he is much more entertainer than thinker.

Trump does appear to be a clown, but if he ends up actually winning, I think a lot of the baffoonishness would be toned down.

so we should vote for someone who will gut our economic future just because he won't 'embarass' you or appear 'foolish'....?

Trump does appear to be a clown, but if he ends up actually winning, I think a lot of the baffoonishness would be toned down.

liberals and the republican establishment consider him a 'clown' because he talks differently than them.......i.e., truthfully instead of slick lies....

Could a President Donald Trump get the economy going again? So far he has only laid out the bare bones of his economic plan. But it has the makings of an excellent program.

Balancing Trade - First and foremost, he plans to negotiate balanced trade agreements and even threatens taxes on imports as a way to move trade into balance. If he moves trade toward balance, that would provide a tremendous boost to the economy.

Jobs for the Unemployed - Trump plans to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and plans to deport illegal immigrants, which would open many jobs to unemployed Americans. This would increase the opportunities for unemployed and under-employed Americans.

Cutting through the Regulations - Trump has resisted the minimum wage. Destructive regulations also include laws requiring all government contractors to pay union wages on federal contracts, barring the export of American-produced oil, requiring ethanol in gasoline, and the actions of a host of regulatory bodies including those created by the Dodd-Frank bill, not to mention the Community Investment Act which forced banks to make the sub-prime loans that compounded the severity of the Great Recession.

Tax Reform - Trump wants to simplify the U.S. tax code. The high U.S. corporate income tax rate has encouraged U.S. corporations to move their production and headquarters abroad.

Putting America First - Above all, Trump is a patriot, in contrast to the internationalists that dominate Washington. Take Obamatrade, for example, which Republican congressional leaders supported, but Trump opposed. Not only would it enable currency manipulation, but it would also set up international commissions with the power to force changes in U.S. labor, immigration and environmental laws.

1) Protectionism never works. See: Smoot-Hawley Tariff for further info. Most Democrats oppose free trade as well
2) So Trump wants to follow the Obama stimulus route and tax money from productive people for spurious "infrastructure" projects. Hint: It didnt work then, it wont work now. Conservative pork barrel policies dont work better than liberal pork barrel policies.
3) Trump has been in favor of regs favoring crony capitalism.
4) Trump wants higher tax rates for "the rich"

Trump is an idiot; Any Republican who supports him is a moron.

liberals and the republican establishment consider him a 'clown' because he talks differently than them.......i.e., truthfully instead of slick lies....

I sensed the clownishness myself. If he does win I can deal with that. I will not support a RINO though, under any circumstance.

I'm not under the illusion Trump is all that conservative either, but I don't worry that he'll "compromise" piss poor deals with the democrooks and let them run over him like W did, and his brother certainly will.

so we should vote for someone who will gut our economic future just because he won't 'embarass' you or appear 'foolish'....?
I believe the President of the United States represents our nation to the entire world. Donald Trump is a reality television star and Fox News creation.

1) Protectionism never works. See: Smoot-Hawley Tariff for further info. Most Democrats oppose free trade as well
2) So Trump wants to follow the Obama stimulus route and tax money from productive people for spurious "infrastructure" projects. Hint: It didnt work then, it wont work now. Conservative pork barrel policies dont work better than liberal pork barrel policies.

(1) "Protectionism" is already a fixture in our economy and protects defense industries, agribusiness, energy production, education, technology, etc. Sweeping generalizations like "protectionism never works" are not useful or even true.

(2) The stimulus DID work, but it was far too small after the GOP congress pared the initial proposal. It has ALWAYS worked in the past as well. IEconomic stimulus based upon deficit spending is a proven tool for economic recovery. Reagan relied upon stimulative deficit spending to initiate a recovery after the "Reagan recession" of 1981. Look it up--he had record deficits, as has every U.S. president since then.

(3) Capitalism cannot survive without regulation. (Adam Smith, believe it or not, advocated for the necessity of a well-regulated capitalist economy.)

(4) Yes, a strongly progressive taxation structure is essential for a strong middle class and a vibrant economy. It is also defensible, since wealthy individuals depend upon the ingenuity and productivity of everyone else to provide them with their profits.

so you'd rather all our factories leave America....? it doesn't mean there would be tariffs on everything but the threat of tariffs would keep many companies here...
i think he wants to eliminate the corporate tax which is probably the highest in the world right now...that would free up alot of money for infrastructure...
of course he has...that helped him make his billions...but he wants to help the middle class...
probably on the actual 'rich'....not the middle class so-called 'rich' that BO targets...

no more an idiot than Jeb! or many of the other candidates...

reply above....

I believe the President of the United States represents our nation to the entire world. Donald Trump is a reality television star and Fox News creation.
i actually think Trump would become one fearsome and respected President.....and at minimum we know he loves the Stars and Stripes....

(1) "Protectionism" is already a fixture in our economy and protects defense industries, agribusiness, energy production, education, technology, etc. Sweeping generalizations like "protectionism never works" are not useful or even true.

(2) The stimulus DID work, but it was far too small after the GOP congress pared the initial proposal. It has ALWAYS worked in the past as well. IEconomic stimulus based upon deficit spending is a proven tool for economic recovery. Reagan relied upon stimulative deficit spending to initiate a recovery after the "Reagan recession" of 1981. Look it up--he had record deficits, as has every U.S. president since then.

(3) Capitalism cannot survive without regulation. (Adam Smith, believe it or not, advocated for the necessity of a well-regulated capitalist economy.)

(4) Yes, a strongly progressive taxation structure is essential for a strong middle class and a vibrant economy. It is also defensible, since wealthy individuals depend upon the ingenuity and productivity of everyone else to provide them with their profits.
Protectionism does not work, no matter how many times you say it.
2 The stimulus was a failure even by the standards the Administration set. Since the GOP was not in power until 2011 they could not have pared anything back.
Regulation is not what we have now. We have a tyrannical regime. Regulation is setting weights and measures, not prices and procedures.

Protectionism does not work, no matter how many times you say it.
2 The stimulus was a failure even by the standards the Administration set. Since the GOP was not in power until 2011 they could not have pared anything back.
Regulation is not what we have now. We have a tyrannical regime. Regulation is setting weights and measures, not prices and procedures.

if protectionism or the threat of it does not work then how do we balance trade....? that giant sucking sound has been getting pretty loud....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back