How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

Frankly, you don't know what the hell you're talking about .... and, clearly, you're not the least bit interested in learning. You are comfortable in your little cocoon of ignorance.

I feel bad about the day reality hits you in the face ... it will be a cruel awakening.
Fuck you, fuck Trump and fuck this bullshit tax plan.
Dang ---- feeling angry today?

Let me guess ... you didn't get your milk and cookies at school today, huh?

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.
The federal government does not deserve any more tax money after death, fuck the death tax

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.
The federal government does not deserve any more tax money after death, fuck the death tax
Your beneficiaries will never pay a "Death Tax". Your estate is no where near $5 Million.

Your beneficiaries will never pay a "Death Tax". Your estate is no where near $5 Million.

Does that destroy the validity of the argument, or are you just taking cheap potshots because you have no substantive response?

Tax free up to 5 million seems like a pretty good tax break to me. I'd be happy to get the 5 million and then have to pay taxes on the rest of it.
The Dems have proposed confiscating everything over 5 million. How would you feel about that??

No- the Democrats haven't proposed anything- the tax reform is a GOP proposal.

Currently everything over 5 million(10 million per couple) is taxed- nothing below it.

Why do you believe that the wealthiest of Americans shouldn't be taxed?
Only fucking fool would believe a death tax is a good thing, all it goes to is career politicians.

Tax free up to 5 million seems like a pretty good tax break to me. I'd be happy to get the 5 million and then have to pay taxes on the rest of it.
The Dems have proposed confiscating everything over 5 million. How would you feel about that??

Currently everything over 5 million(10 million per couple) is taxed- nothing below it.

Only fucking fool would believe a death tax is a good thing, all it goes to is career politicians.
Fight 'em with facts, not with foul language.

The federal government does not deserve any tax money from people no matter how wealthy they are. How does it feel to be envious all the time?

Now, as for your nonsense about the wealthiest of Americans not being taxed - that's exactly what it is - nonsense. Their money has already been taxed - up to 39%. What gives you the right to take more of it? If you want to tax estates, let's tax all estates at the same rate - no matter how big or how small...

Their money may have been taxed- or may not have been taxed.

What gives the government the right to tax anyone?

What makes a sales tax or an income tax more fair than a wealth tax or an estate tax.

Or why not make individual income taxes like business taxes- take all income, deduct all expenses- and tax the profits.

But once again- thanks for ignoring the OP to rant about how unfair it is that the wealthiest Americans have to pay an estate tax on everything they inherit over $10,000,000.
A death tax is double taxation

Only 25% of filers itemize and use deductions you're concerned about

-Geaux

-Geaux

... and given the increase in the standard deduction, even fewer will itemize.

-Geaux

... and given the increase in the standard deduction, even fewer will itemize.

Yep, 2016 was the first time I have not itemized in over 30 years. Doubling my standard deduction = WIN if they can get it passed

-Geaux

Eliminating any tax is good.

Here's an idea, spend less.
Awww, c'mon .... get real.

You KNOW that ain't gonna happen !!!!

When the debt becomes untenable, and if history is any judge, it will, we get to reboot and you bet your ass we'll spend less.
No doubt
The federal government has an unpayable debt, robbing Peter to pay Paul just does not work… LOL
Everybody knows if you rob Peter to pay Paul, you end up with a sore Peter.

A Death tax is double taxation...
See? Facts are valuable ... let's see them refute the truth.

The Estate tax is not double taxation. It's a substitute for the Capital Gains tax, as you've already been told. It's intent is not to double tax anything, but to tax gains. And, no you f1cking ignoramus, when the heir sells his inheritance, he doesn't pay capital gains, because the estate tax covered it.

At least when Democrats believe stupid things, it's to get handouts and special privileges. But, when you and your fellow neoconned retards believe stupid things, it's to screw yourselves. In this case, you want tax breaks for the rich, which will increase your taxes as you pick up the slack.

Forum List

Back