How will eliminating the Estate Tax benefit the Middle class?

One thing that you could do besides picking the pockets of dead people would be to make your own money.

Not sure why you think that the government should be competing with private business.

Tell us why a tax on the estate of billionaires is so horrible to you?

It's their money. They made it. They paid taxes on it. They can give it to their family. It's not your money.
Only in right wing fantasy. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, via Institutional means not Individual means.

One thing that you could do besides picking the pockets of dead people would be to make your own money.

Not sure why you think that the government should be competing with private business.

It's their money. They made it. They paid taxes on it. They can give it to their family. It's not your money.

My income is my money- not the governments. But I have to pay taxes on it. And when I go to buy a car- I pay sales tax, even though I already paid income tax on the money I paid for the car with.

Eliminating the estate tax will save the Trump family billions of dollars when Trump passes away.
It won't benefit the middle class at all- sure i understand you feel a need to be 'fair' to billionaires- but this thread isn't about 'fairness' despite the whines about 'fairness'- it is about Trump and the Republicans lying and saying that this entire tax cut package- is for the benefit of the middle class.

It's his money, not yours. Get your own money.

OK, how about an H1-poor boy's visa program, where all of the proceeds go to the poor?

My income is my money- not the governments. But I have to pay taxes on it. And when I go to buy a car- I pay sales tax, even though I already paid income tax on the money I paid for the car with.

Eliminating the estate tax will save the Trump family billions of dollars when Trump passes away.
It won't benefit the middle class at all- sure i understand you feel a need to be 'fair' to billionaires- but this thread isn't about 'fairness' despite the whines about 'fairness'- it is about Trump and the Republicans lying and saying that this entire tax cut package- is for the benefit of the middle class.

It's my money, not yours. Get your own money- leave my income alone.

You don't pay income taxes, liar.
I am working on being better at tax avoidance than the One Percent.

You have no need to. You don't make an income.

You have no need to. You don't make an income.
I still subscribe to capitalism and our de facto institution of money based markets in Commerce.

This is the context, dear: The government is taxing things that have already been taxed.

Money has been earned at least once; why complain about giving it to the poor via social programs?

Because I earned it, they did not, but that's beside the point. The point is that it's an unfair tax and should be eliminated altogether.

'an unfair tax'

Taxes on struggling middle class wager earners are 'fair' but taxes on the estate of multi-millionaires are 'unfair'

No- Ivanka and her siblings haven't earned Donald's billions- but under Trump's plans- they certainly will benefit- the Trump family will save about $4 billion dollars in estate taxes under Trump's plans.

Income taxes are unconstitutional and always have been.

According to whom are income taxes 'unconstitutional'?

Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
We didn't need the Sixteenth Amendment, the power to tax was established with the ratification of our federal Constitution.
The Supreme Court disagreed- and America amended the Constitution so that Congress had the Constitutional authority to tax the income of Americans- and also the authority to tax the estate's of the richest Americans.

Just pointing out once more- with some amusement.

Not a single person who has posted their outrage at the idea of an estate tax here- has expressed any problem with the blatant racist remarks by Conboy.

Not all Trump voters are racists like Conboy- but Trump supporters don't object to the racism of Trump voters like Conboy

Because I earned it, they did not, but that's beside the point. The point is that it's an unfair tax and should be eliminated altogether.

'an unfair tax'

Taxes on struggling middle class wager earners are 'fair' but taxes on the estate of multi-millionaires are 'unfair'

No- Ivanka and her siblings haven't earned Donald's billions- but under Trump's plans- they certainly will benefit- the Trump family will save about $4 billion dollars in estate taxes under Trump's plans.

We didn't need the Sixteenth Amendment, the power to tax was established with the ratification of our federal Constitution.
The Supreme Court disagreed- and America amended the Constitution so that Congress had the Constitutional authority to tax the income of Americans- and also the authority to tax the estate's of the richest Americans.
link? and not the Sixteenth Amendment.

OK, how about an H1-poor boy's visa program, where all of the proceeds go to the poor?

How about not? How about people keeping what they earned and the government stop buying power with other people's money?

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

It doesn't.

I oppose the estate tax but this is for the 1%.

Iirc, the cost of removing the estate tax would be $800 billion while removal of the state tax deduction would bring in $1 trillion. Don't be surprised if these two are swapped.

How about not? How about people keeping what they earned and the government stop buying power with other people's money?
In other words, the H1 program is only ok for the rich; I got it, right winger.

The H1 program is for the benefit of the United States. It makes sense to give priority to productive people who have skills that benefit the country. Letting in a bunch of poor, unskilled people only creates a burden on taxpayers and lower wages for Americans.

Trump’s Tax Plan Cuts Rates for Individuals and Corporations and Eliminates Many Deductions

“My plan is for working people and my plan is for jobs,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t benefit. Very, very strongly I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

The Estate tax in 2017 only applies to estates of $5,490,000 or more. If Donald Trump died tomorrow Melania, as his spouse, would still not have to pay any estate taxes on Donald's supposed $10 billion dollars- because of the spousal exemption. If both of them died tomorrow- then yes- his kids would face estate taxes.

How does eliminating the estate tax benefit 'working people'? How does it generate jobs?

Provisions such as the alternative minimum tax and the estate tax, a tax on inherited wealth which Mr. Trump has derided over the years, would be gone under the Republican proposal.

How does it do anything but benefit the families of the wealthiest Americans?

Save me the arguments that the Estate tax is 'unfair'- Trump and the Republicans are claiming these tax cuts are all about generating jobs and benefiting the middle class- if you want to claim that the reason to eliminate the estate tax is because the tax is 'unfair'- then go ahead and admit that Trump and the Republicans are lying to Americans about what the tax cuts are for- and who they are supposed to benefit.

It doesn't.

I oppose the estate tax but this is for the 1%.

Iirc, the cost of removing the estate tax would be $800 billion while removal of the state tax deduction would bring in $1 trillion. Don't be surprised if these two are swapped.

I know that both eliminating of the State income tax deduction and the Estate tax are on the table.

And neither would help the middle class.

'an unfair tax'

Legal history of income tax in the United States - Wikipedia

The H1 program is for the benefit of the United States. It makes sense to give priority to productive people who have skills that benefit the country. Letting in a bunch of poor, unskilled people only creates a burden on taxpayers and lower wages for Americans.
Cheap labor only increases profits for the rich, not a better republic.

Cheap labor only increases profits for the rich, not a better republic.

^^^ Sad little envious creature ^^^

Legal history of income tax in the United States - Wikipedia
It was for economic based metrics:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken."

An enumeration could be taxes in proportion to income as long as we subscribe to capitalism.

Forum List

Back