Zone1 Howdy from SE Florida!

Howdy howdy welcome to the debate.:)

I will welcome to read your post. You will need a thick skin here but most here are good folks. Plenty of interesting boards to post on.

Dade county up to south Brevard county . would be southeast part of the state. By the way from Fla. to mexico 900 nauticle miles. From Fla. to canada 2000 mles.
Yes, I get geography, but I was referring to vernacular versus marketing versus cartography. Would you, for example, expect to hear a Daytona FL resident say he’s from the “First Coast?”

Illinois is long like Florida. Would you expect an actual Rock Island resident to say he is from NW Illinois?

Yes, I get geography, but I was referring to vernacular versus marketing versus cartography. Would you, for example, expect to hear a Daytona FL resident say he’s from the “First Coast?”

Illinois is long like Florida. Would you expect an actual Rock Island resident to say he is from NW Illinois?
South east Florida is a common term and known region.

Hollywood, is North of Miami and south of Ft Lauderdale, on the southern east coast of Florida. When I lived down there, we used to go to a Dog Track in Hollywood.... This was around 3 decades ago....not certain if the Dog Track still exists in Hollywood now??

South east Florida is a common term and known region.

Hollywood, is North of Miami and south of Ft Lauderdale, on the southern east coast of Florida. When I lived down there, we used to go to a Dog Track in Hollywood.... This was around 3 decades ago....not certain if the Dog Track still exists in Hollywood now??
Dog racing is closed but you can still go to the track and bet on other types of pari-mutuals.

Forum List

Back