HRW: PA Must Investigate Police Brutality

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Let me know if an investigation takes place, I predict that there will be none.

----------------
The Palestinian Authority must order an investigation into allegations of police brutality and the arbitrary arrest of demonstrators at a Ramallah protest on Sunday, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.

“The police beat protesters and then arrested injured people, some even from the hospital,” said Tom Porteous, deputy program director at Human Rights Watch. “The Palestinian Authority needs to make clear to the police that this is no way to handle a demonstration.”

Hundreds of protesters affiliated to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine rallied in Ramallah on Sunday against the decision to return to peace talks with Israel.

Human Rights Watch said that the PA must conduct a “transparent and impartial investigation and publish its findings.”

HRW: PA Must Investigate Police Brutality | Palestine Chronicle

----------------
The Palestinian Authority must order an investigation into allegations of police brutality and the arbitrary arrest of demonstrators at a Ramallah protest on Sunday, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.

“The police beat protesters and then arrested injured people, some even from the hospital,” said Tom Porteous, deputy program director at Human Rights Watch. “The Palestinian Authority needs to make clear to the police that this is no way to handle a demonstration.”

Hundreds of protesters affiliated to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine rallied in Ramallah on Sunday against the decision to return to peace talks with Israel.

Human Rights Watch said that the PA must conduct a “transparent and impartial investigation and publish its findings.”

I'm with you on this, Tinmore. Beating peace haters instead of holding sanity hearings is not good.

----------------

Let them dig their own mud, who cares.

----------------

Good God Tinman! Don't you know you'll get called in front of your local Imam for such heresy? 120 lashes at least. And your allies on this board have probably banned you from attending Friday prayers for portraying arabs in a negative light. Have you no decency sir?!!

----------------

So has the investigation started yet?

Forum List

Back