Huffington, Fox News, Infowars: Google ordered to surrender all

I never said that it didn't run into problems with its constitutionality, but I was just answering why no one cares. I personally don't care for the same reason I have no problem with drone warfare.. I feel in no threat of it effecting anyone who probably doesn't deserve it already.

It's a threat to the Libertarian Party and Occupy Wall Street movement, because we've been labeled terrorists by the FBI. Wait until they mark you one.

Im a run of the mill Republican, not a member of one of those radical groups.. Im not sending emails about anything deeper than the new DiCaprio movie.. Even if they marked me a threat for some reason, I would feel in no danger of being prosecuted for anything because I don't do anything worth prosecuting. Do you?

You miss the entire point, it isn't about being radical group, it is about freedom. I am conservative, I belong to no political group, I have nothing to hide.

Why does the government need access to any of my own private info, am I threat? Who in the government decides who the threat is? The FBI, the IRS, the Homeland Security, the CIA, the President, a state leader, a community leader, a mayor, a police officer in your town?

And I assume when the abuse of power happens to you, then you will care and it will be to late.

It's a threat to the Libertarian Party and Occupy Wall Street movement, because we've been labeled terrorists by the FBI. Wait until they mark you one.

Im a run of the mill Republican, not a member of one of those radical groups.. Im not sending emails about anything deeper than the new DiCaprio movie.. Even if they marked me a threat for some reason, I would feel in no danger of being prosecuted for anything because I don't do anything worth prosecuting. Do you?

You miss the entire point, it isn't about being radical group, it is about freedom. I am conservative, I belong to no political group, I have nothing to hide.

Why does the government need access to any of my own private info, am I threat? Who in the government decides who the threat is? The FBI, the IRS, the Homeland Security, the CIA, the President, a state leader, a community leader, a mayor, a police officer in your town?

And I assume when the abuse of power happens to you, then you will care and it will be to late.

From the first link.....

The letters issued by the FBI can be used to collect unlimited kinds of private information, such as financial and phone records. The FBI sent 16,511 letters requests for information regarding 7,201 people in 2011, the latest data available.

Less than three one hundredth of one percent of the population. (.0024%)

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said something to the effect that people who sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither.

From the first link.....

The letters issued by the FBI can be used to collect unlimited kinds of private information, such as financial and phone records. The FBI sent 16,511 letters requests for information regarding 7,201 people in 2011, the latest data available.

I agree. Since it's such a small number it's nothing to worry about. It's not like the Government is gonna' ask for more records later on.

How the fuck did no one care about this?

Because I'm not paranoid nor do I have anything to hide.

So you truly dont see any chance that they will abuse this power?
Psssssttt......let me tell you a little secret. They are abusing the power of the IRS right now.
And I bet you dont have a problem with the IRS controlling your health care do you?

I hope you're just young and naive and you'll smarten up when you get a little older.
Because your thought process is dangerous as hell to this country.

Remember when Liberals tried to tell Republicans that "having nothing to hide" was not a reason to ignore provisions in the Patriot act? Remember when Liberals tried to tell you that a Republican wouldn't be POTUS forever and they better think about what happens when a liberal is POTUS with the power of the Patriot Act?

Remember when Liberals tried to warn Republicans about the "Unitary Executive Theory" but they didn't want to hear about it because it came from "stupid liberals" and their guy was in Office so it was all good?

Remember how republicans ignored all that stuff while calling everyone stupid?

Me too, so I find their whining and crying to be sadly predictable.

Im with onepercenter..I don't have anything to hide and if you think you can catch some people out there who do, go ahead and check out my emails. Just a bunch of Brooks Brothers promotions (Is it just me or do they send a million a day?) and maybe a few embarrassing exchanges between friends.

Do you know why the Founding Fathers put the Fourth Amendment into the Constitution? Do you know how much abuse and terror the government can impose with General or Arbitrary Search powers? Do you know how much false evidence they could plant in the 1700's? Do you know how much they could plant NOW in the year 2013? Do you have ANY FUCKING IDEA WHY THE FOURTH AMENDMENT EXISTS?

I never said that it didn't run into problems with its constitutionality, but I was just answering why no one cares. I personally don't care for the same reason I have no problem with drone warfare.. I feel in no threat of it effecting anyone who probably doesn't deserve it already.

Kind of like the obama attacking conservatives using the IRS right?
I guess they deserve it huh? You really need to pull your head out of your ass. Because next time it will be your side being attacked if you dont stop it here.
And dont try and tell me you're a Republican. Hell you dont even sound American.
Anyone who doesnt mind the gov watching his every move sounds more like a commie.

Ok, I got it, you're a Loyalist.

Im just going to come out and say it.. This isn't 1776, we aren't taking guns to church anymore and tyranny isn't really a problem.. No Law abiding citizen should be concerned about the gov't checking out google searches, because if you aren't searching "how to make a bomb" they really don't give a shit. What do you think theyre going to do? Plant info on your tool bar and give you a McCarthy style beat down?

Wow. You are one naive, gullible fool who puts far too much trust in government! You call yourself a Republican?!?

Ah. A Young Republican. Too young to know any history prior to 2008, apparently.

Governments, including our very own, have a very bad habit of finding what they are looking for.

Adopting the attitude of "if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" is about as ignorant as it gets.

Last edited:
A lot of people were also gullible enough to believe the Patriot Act was just going to be used to find big, bad, Muslim terrorists. I guess they were assuming it would go away once the "War on Terra" was done, whenever that was.

Never did they realize the Patriot Act was the result of a longstanding police Wish List of presents they wanted from Santa for domestic use.

Before the ink was even dry, the Bush Administration was searching the phone records of tens of millions of Americans. The phone companies rolled over like a cheap whore.

As did many libraries.

Yes, the Law even went down to your local library and investigated what books people are reading, tossing a NSL at the librarians on the way out the door to keep their mouths shut.

The FBI told the librarians, "SHHHHHHHH!"

They also search people's homes without a warrant and can retroactively get one after they find something incriminating!

That's totalitarianism, folks.

Wake the fuck up.

From the first link.....

I agree. Since it's such a small number it's nothing to worry about. It's not like the Government is gonna' ask for more records later on.

Well I wouldn't say exactly nothing to worry about (power and corruption and all that) but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of concern (bordering on paranoid) reached by the OP.

From the first link.....

Well I wouldn't say exactly nothing to worry about (power and corruption and all that) but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of concern (bordering on paranoid) reached by the OP.

The government has searched tens of millions of citizens' records. So it has already risen to a level of concern. YEARS AGO.

Wake up.

NSA has massive database of Americans' phone calls

The National Security Agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of Americans, using data provided by AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told USA TODAY.

The NSA program reaches into homes and businesses across the nation by amassing information about the calls of ordinary Americans — most of whom aren't suspected of any crime. This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews.

"It's the largest database ever assembled in the world," said one person, who, like the others who agreed to talk about the NSA's activities, declined to be identified by name or affiliation. The agency's goal is "to create a database of every call ever made" within the nation's borders, this person added.

Among the big telecommunications companies, only Qwest has refused to help the NSA, the sources said. According to multiple sources, Qwest declined to participate because it was uneasy about the legal implications of handing over customer information to the government without warrants.

Qwest's refusal to participate has left the NSA with a hole in its database. Based in Denver, Qwest provides local phone service to 14 million customers in 14 states in the West and Northwest. But AT&T and Verizon also provide some services — primarily long-distance and wireless — to people who live in Qwest's region. Therefore, they can provide the NSA with at least some access in that area.

Last edited:
After searching your phone records, Bush asked Congress to give retroactive immunity to the telecommunications companies which turned over your records:

The Bush administration maintains that the changes are consistent with FISA's intent--that targeting foreign communications doesn't require a warrant--and that a warrant is still required for "targeting a person in the United States." But civil-liberties advocates argue that the government is creating a loophole to monitor Americans' e-mails and phone calls to overseas contacts without the intended court approval.

The new law also immunizes from legal liability the private companies that assist the government with surveillance going forward, but Bush repeated existing calls for making that policy retroactive as well.

"It's particularly important for Congress to provide meaningful liability protection to those companies now facing multibillion-dollar lawsuits only because they are believed to have assisted in efforts to defend our nation, following the 9/11 attacks," Bush said.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation, which has sued AT&T over its allegedly illegal cooperation with the government, says references to the crippling liability posed by such suits suggest that the scope of the wiretapping is "massive."

Congress passed the law, giving them that immunity.

Alex Jones' "website" is a hysterical example of bullshit. Any links to "Infowars" should be disregarded by rational people, just like any links to huffpo should be disregarded because they're steaming piles of bullshit with just enough truth mixed in to make it palatable to the fringe.

If the feds are truly tracking people who visit these sites it's wrong, but there certainly are some unstable idiots out there who read that shit and do dumb things because of it.

Look at the unstable moonbats we have here. They voted for obozo twice. That's an act of terrorism in my book.

This kind of police state monitoring of every citizen's private communications is something the East German Stasi could only dream about.

The IRS going after certain groups, the AP monitored by the DOJ, Americans required to buy health insurance, Google ordered to surrender information.

Only the most committed Obama apologists are going to deny that there is a clear trend here.

That won't stop them from denying it, of course.

Judge Orders Google To Give Customer Data To FBI

» Google Is Ordered To Give Private Customer Data To The FBI Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Judge orders Google to turn over customer data to FBI | Fox News

SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT THE BATTLECRY OF FREEDOM.

Your searches aren't safe.

Your e-mails arent' safe.

Your contracts aren't safe.

You are under siege, right now, and have been for a very long time.

Get your guns and lots of ammo, shit is going to hit the fan in this nation real soon.

Lincoln OST - 07. Call To Muster And Battle Cry Of Freedom (John Williams Soundtrack 2012) - YouTube

THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC - YouTube

Because the NSA Data Center you read about here was just opened last week. They are transferring all these files on everyone over to their main data base. It is the only data base in country big enough to hold info on everyone in USA. It is up and running. It went online this past week. Do you see what is going on now? - Jeremiah

NSA Utah ?Data Center?: Biggest-ever domestic spying lab? | Pakalert Press

This kind of police state monitoring of every citizen's private communications is something the East German Stasi could only dream about.

Speaking of stupid....

A police state? Seriously?

I do whatever I want. All the time. I get away with so much shit merely by minding my own business and doing it. If police still somehow get involved they almost always have a laugh or a good conversation and move on. The few exceptions to this do not reflect the bigger picture.

The bottom line is, don't be an asshole to people with authority. Just be yourself.

Unless you're an asshole anyway. That's your problem though.

Forum List

Back