🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Huge 20 million dollar diamond found

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Perth-based company has struck paydirt inSouthern Africa, finding a diamond worth more than $20 million.

Lucapa Diamond Company found the massive 404-carat diamond at its Lulo Diamond Project in Angola's Lunda Norte province, in the country's north-east.

It is the biggest diamond ever found in Angola.

Lucapa chairman Miles Kennedy said it was a huge achievement.

"When we first looked at the property, 3,000 square kilometres of untouched ground, 700 kilometres inland from the coast, you are talking about a very, very remote area," he said.

"The results today are a wonderful vindication of eight years of pretty hard work.

Giant $20 million diamond found in Angola by WA company Lucapa - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

-------------------------------------

Ok I always have a question about this (but never bothered to research it)

We always heard about South African diamond mines and if Africa and South America was once connected how come:

No huge diamond mines have been found in South America ? If there has I have never heard of them.

The diamonds somehow formed after they split or something?

We always heard about South African diamond mines and if Africa and South America was once connected how come:

No huge diamond mines have been found in South America ? If there has I have never heard of them.

Look at the gemstones found in the US:

Where Gemstones are Found in the US

Look at North & South Carolina, or New Mexico & Texas - as close as they are, they have different rocks.

Look at North & South Carolina, or New Mexico & Texas - as close as they are, they have different rocks.
Russia has a lot of diamonds and gold, it just happens to be in the frozen land of Siberia..

Perth-based company has struck paydirt inSouthern Africa, finding a diamond worth more than $20 million.

Lucapa Diamond Company found the massive 404-carat diamond at its Lulo Diamond Project in Angola's Lunda Norte province, in the country's north-east.

It is the biggest diamond ever found in Angola.

Lucapa chairman Miles Kennedy said it was a huge achievement.

"When we first looked at the property, 3,000 square kilometres of untouched ground, 700 kilometres inland from the coast, you are talking about a very, very remote area," he said.

"The results today are a wonderful vindication of eight years of pretty hard work.

Giant $20 million diamond found in Angola by WA company Lucapa - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

-------------------------------------

Diamonds are extremely rare and continents not only shift along plates but surface land turns and is covered by volcanic eruptions or any other geological movements along many more minor faults.

However, they do have common sediment, rock types, and fossils.

Thanks that reminds me, we have old gold mines/people still looking for gold in SC and when I was dating a girl from spruce pine North Carolina you could find that volcanic rock that looks like a mirror everywhere... Plus I forgot about all the tourist trap gem stone places up there near Mayberry (hickory)

diamonds arent rare...debeers is just great at holding them all......this stone is oddly shaped and will have to be a marquee cut.....it will be interesting to see what it cuts out to be

diamonds arent rare...debeers is just great at holding them all......this stone is oddly shaped and will have to be a marquee cut.....it will be interesting to see what it cuts out to be

I don't think there's any way that one will be a single cut. Probably multiple large, I'll be shocked if it doesn't increase the value 100 fold.

Forum List

Back