Huge Explosion in Waco Texas. Many injured.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hundreds believed injured in Texas fertilizer plant blast | Reuters

(Reuters) - Hundreds of people were likely injured in a fiery explosion on Wednesday night at a fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas, that damaged or destroyed numerous buildings including a school and nursing home, authorities said.

The blast was reported at about 8 p.m. CDT (0100 GMT on Thursday) in West, a town of some 2,700 people about 80 miles south of Dallas and 20 miles north of Waco.

"It's a lot of devastation. I've never seen anything like this," said McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara. "It looks like a war zone with all the debris."

(Reuters) - Hundreds of people were likely injured in a fiery explosion on Wednesday night at a fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas, that damaged or destroyed numerous buildings including a school and nursing home, authorities said.

The blast was reported at about 8 p.m. CDT (0100 GMT on Thursday) in West, a town of some 2,700 people about 80 miles south of Dallas and 20 miles north of Waco.

"It's a lot of devastation. I've never seen anything like this," said McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara. "It looks like a war zone with all the debris."

live coverage

Live video: Fertilizer plant explosion injures dozens in West, near Waco | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

I can't really make out what's happening. I can only see emergency people wandering around in cow fields and what looks like the initial few hours of the Iraq war on the horizon.

USATODAY:

A hospital in nearby Waco reported receiving at least 45 patients.

"The injuries that we are seeing are very serious,'' said Glenn Robinson, CEO of Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center. "There are a number of patients that will be going to surgery.... It's a very, very unfortunate situation.''

Robinson said he did not know how many were in critical condition. He said helicopters were en route for more of the injured after earlier being grounded by high winds. And he said more patients were being taken to at least one other trauma center nearby.

Dani Moore, dispatcher with the Texas Department of Pubic Safety, said she did not know how many were injured or the extent of their injuries.

"The fertilizer plant was on fire. Firefighters were on the scene. There was an explosion ... followed by a second explosion,'' she said.

She said there were multiple damages to structures and vehicles. She said she had no information on the cause of the blasts or fire.

WFAA.com reported at least 10 structures were on fire, including a school which is next door to the plant. An emergency triage center was set up at a high school football field.

Apartment complex after the explosion:
BIGs5U4CIAA6PKT.jpg:large

Here is a video of the actual explosion - its about 20 or 30 seconds into video. Terrible explosion. You have to click the title of video to see it. Brace yourselves. It is pretty loud.

[ame=http://youtu.be/ROrpKx3aIjA]CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Fertilizer Plant Explosion Near Waco, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Dayum!!!!! I was not expecting that!! The poor kid was scared to death and I would've been too.

Last edited:

Here is a video of the actual explosion - its about 20 or 30 seconds into video. Terrible explosion.

CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Fertilizer Plant Explosion Near Waco, Texas - YouTube

saw that

wow

the news reported that they

are ok

but what a blast

Good grief, now we'll have to ban fertilizer and rely totally on genetic tampering to get big green beans.

Good grief, now we'll have to ban fertilizer and rely totally on genetic tampering to get big green beans.

however the question remains

how will the left twist this into

another reason to ban "assault rifles and large "clips""

What the heck is going on lately?? Jeez. Boston and now Waco? I sure as hell hope it was accidental and not something else.

That is exactly what I was thinking, Gracie. No news is good news though. It sounds as if it was a terrible accident at this point. It is very scary that these two explosions happened so close to each other. My prayers to the families. This is a real nightmare.

This is going to rival Texas City. I predict that the Army is going to fly a MASH unit in to handle the casualties, the nearest trauma center is 20 miles from the plant.

however the question remains

how will the left twist this into

another reason to ban "assault rifles and large "clips""

You right wing nutjobs can't even discuss a serious news story without making yourselves look like complete idiots.

This is going to rival Texas City. I predict that the Army is going to fly a MASH unit in to handle the casualties, the nearest trauma center is 20 miles from the plant.

they are not asking for more help at this point

they have been flying people out for hours now

hauling them out by school buses even

Irony is ironic.

Today we've had to suffer through being told by limp wristed liberals that the Boston Marathon bombs are evidence that we need stricter gun control.

Get a fucking grip.

You are a horrible, boring, insane human being.

Forum List

Back