Huge LED-lit cross to guide "the second coming"

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Is this 20-metre tall crucifix on a hill in the Australian Outback Mel Gibson's latest passion of the Christ? Actor linked to plan to build $1 MILLION electric cross to 'usher in the coming of the Lord'
  • Mel Gibson has climbed a mountain with Ken Duncan in central Australia
  • Mr Duncan plans to build an LED-lit crucifix at the top of the mountain
  • The landscape photographer is raising almost $1 million for the structure
  • Traditional owners have voted against building the 20m tall crucifix
Those who commit more than $100,000 are referred to as ‘Platinum Comanders’, and receive a ‘helmet or sword (only one of each available) from The Passion of the Christ movie beautifully presented in perspex display case, signed by Mel Gibson’.

‘Golden Generals’ donate more than $50,000, and are awarded ‘one framed archival print from The Passion of the Christ movie, signed by Mel Gibson’.

31F98AEC00000578-0-image-a-1_1457411141498.jpg

31F0A5BF00000578-3481535-On_Friday_Mel_Gibson_was_spotted_in_a_Coles_supermarket_in_Alice-a-31_1457415613237.jpg

Read more: Mel Gibson appears linked to plans to build a crucifix in Australia
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's an "artist's impression" in the photo and, IMO, gives Tacky and Tasteless a whole new meaning but hey, what do I know about paying my way into heaven, right?

Far better to spend $1Million on this cross than to use it to feed and house the poor as the real Jesus would have done. Right? I mean, that's just so quintessentially "christian".

BUT, I actually have another point to make -

Why would a cross be a sign of welcome? It seems to me to be more of a veiled threat. As in, "come on down and we'll nail you up there again".

I've never understood that.

If one actually worshiped Jesus, wouldn't they value things like plain clothing and worn sandals?

Instead, they worship the very thing that they believe god used to torture and murder his "only begotten son".

Anyone?

Also - those who believe in a "second coming" - do you really want him guided to Australia?

Ever stop to consider that when it was said that Jesus is coming back with a sword, is because they nailed Him to a cross in the first place?

I know if I was crucified and had to come back, I'd want to be armed.

It's amazing the dumb shit religion can make people do. Glad I don't buy into any of that garbage.

If the shit goes down and it doesn't happen in Israel, we'll know that christians were wrong.

a few moments of smug self satisfaction before oblivion.
And you're banking your eternity on "if?"

wow.

I personally would be investing a little bit more of my efforts into wanting to know.

Last edited:
If the shit goes down and it doesn't happen in Israel, we'll know that christians were wrong.

And you're banking your eternity on "if."

wow.

I personally would be investing a little bit more of my efforts into wanting to know.
raised catholic by an alter boy that carried the cross at services
went to catholic schools, in religion class I was the only one that ever asked questions. 3 of the 4 teachers of it were offended-shocked I dare asked
studied a bit on islam, it's so fucked, well read it yourself
met with wiccas and all sorts of other people.

judge not and all that bearing false witness stuff, no go kneel before your priest and tell him your sins so you can get a free pass for being a sinner

went to catholic schools, in religion class I was the only one that ever asked questions. 3 of the 4 teachers of it were offended-shocked I dare asked

judge not and all that bearing false witness stuff, no go kneel before your priest and tell him your sins so you can get a free pass for being a sinner
Well if you learned so much from your years of Catholic education one thing you might remember is that God is not all that impressed with who you were but who you are. The final stage is far more important than the pedigree.

Do not ask me why evangelization and education does not always take, but when one goes wondering and asking wiccas for understanding it seems apparent it has not.

I am not judging you, but if you think there is such a thing as a “free pass” you would be wrong. Even though confession is an amazing grace and gift found only in the Catholic Church it promises no direct flight to heaven.

If your Catholic teachers were “shell shocked” you asked them questions, I do not give you credit but I do question them. What questions are those that made you reject the faith I do wonder.

Last edited:

But

Jesus was a Jew and he wasn't a Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also - those who believe in a "second coming" - do you really want him guided to Australia?

Actually, I kinda do, because the Aborigines have a secret cave where they have kept all of history on the walls, and it might be a good first stop so He can catch up on what has happened for the past 2000 years.

I had forgotten that.

I'll take the wisdom of the Aborigines over this worship of The Almighty Dollar.

Let's see a Drunk and Unstable Gibson comes up with this? Or did he consult with brain damaged unstable Gary Busey first?

Well if you learned so much from your years of Catholic education one thing you might remember is that God is not all that impressed with who you were but who you are. The final stage is far more important than the pedigree.

Do not ask me why evangelization and education does not always take, but when one goes wondering and asking wiccas for understanding it seems apparent it has not.

I am not judging you, but if you think there is such a thing as a “free pass” you would be wrong. Even though confession is an amazing grace and gift found only in the Catholic Church it promises no direct flight to heaven.

If your Catholic teachers were “shell shocked” you asked them questions, I do not give you credit but I do question them. What questions are those that made you reject the faith I do wonder.
you keep making assumptions and accusations based on it

good day, you are not worth the time

But

Jesus was a Jew and he wasn't a Christian.

he was baptised, making him a baptist

tell that to your catholic friends and watch them go batshit

What difference does it make?

When I was a youngster back in the 1930's and 40's you couldn't drive a 50 mile section of highway in this country without seeing two or three "Jesus Is Coming Soon" signs along the side of the road. I don't know whether they've given up or just don't want to embarrass themselves but you don't see them now. Frankly I feel sorry for those folks. It was different back when the general populous didn't know anything but since the advent of television and modern science anybody who still worships some fantasy god from thousands of years ago is to be pitied.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back