Zone1 Humans are Divine Beings imprisoned on earth?

That guy is a satanist. I know you hate 'religion' but don't be misled, because misleading is precisely what he is doing on that channel.

Last edited:
That guy is a satanist. I know you hate 'religion' but don't be misled, because misleading is precisely what he is doing on that channel.

Well, I thought its an interesting concept.
I've always heard there are many missing "books" from the bible.......mostly because the Vatican says "they don't matter".
Well, if they "don't matter", then WHY leave them out?

Well, I thought its an interesting concept.
I've always heard there are many missing "books" from the bible.......mostly because the Vatican says "they don't matter".
Well, if they "don't matter", then WHY leave them out?
They are easy enough to check out for oneself. The main reason most were not included is that they weren't written until after the last Apostles had died. One book I wonder about is the Book of Barnabas, one of Paul's companions. I read it over every so often.

They are easy enough to check out for oneself. The main reason most were not included is that they weren't written until after the last Apostles had died. One book I wonder about is the Book of Barnabas, one of Paul's companions. I read it over every so often.

So.......I've always wondered (pretend I'm a believer)..........

WHO was in charge of writing this bible?
WHO was dishing out the orders for who to write what?
WHY did it take so many people to write it?
WHY did it take so long to write it?

WHERE are these other "books"?
WHY aren't ALL books part of the bible, if they are considered bible works?

WHO was in charge of writing this bible?
WHO was dishing out the orders for who to write what?
WHY did it take so many people to write it?
WHY did it take so long to write it?

WHERE are these other "books"?
WHY aren't ALL books part of the bible, if they are considered bible works?
The root of our word 'Bible' is from the same root as 'library'. Just as no one person writes a library, no one person wrote the 'Bible' which is synonymous with 'a collection of books'.

This makes it easy enough to see that no one was in charge of writing the Bible, but a fair question would be who compiled the books into the small library known as the Bible?

The Christian Bible is a compilation of Hebrew books in circulation at the time of Christ. Jews compiled their own 'Canon' (collection) of sacred books in the second century which excluded about six books in some Christian Bibles. Meanwhile, Christian writings had been circulating among the various Christian churches since the first century. In the fourth century the Catholic faith (now considered a legitimate religion) was asked to compile the most authentic writings from the earliest authors.

So...no orders were issued. People were interested in the words of Jesus and the teachings for the Apostles. Paul wrote letters to the newly formed Christian churches, and some of these letters were preserved and are a major portion of the New Testament (Christian Bible).

Hope this helps answer at least some of your questions.

The root of our word 'Bible' is from the same root as 'library'. Just as no one person writes a library, no one person wrote the 'Bible' which is synonymous with 'a collection of books'.

This makes it easy enough to see that no one was in charge of writing the Bible, but a fair question would be who compiled the books into the small library known as the Bible?

The Christian Bible is a compilation of Hebrew books in circulation at the time of Christ. Jews compiled their own 'Canon' (collection) of sacred books in the second century which excluded about six books in some Christian Bibles. Meanwhile, Christian writings had been circulating among the various Christian churches since the first century. In the fourth century the Catholic faith (now considered a legitimate religion) was asked to compile the most authentic writings from the earliest authors.

So...no orders were issued. People were interested in the words of Jesus and the teachings for the Apostles. Paul wrote letters to the newly formed Christian churches, and some of these letters were preserved and are a major portion of the New Testament (Christian Bible).

Hope this helps answer at least some of your questions.

Thanks!

Ok, that makes more sense.

The problem I've had over the decades of watching theological based documentaries, is NOBODY ever bothered to explain HOW and WHY the bible was created, etc, etc.... Only WHO wrote it, and what meaning their writing was supposed to have.

I wish I could remember a documentary I watched long, long ago............it was about a Rabbi, Priest, Preacher, and Minister (Judism, Catholicism, Protestant, and I think Methodist). Sounds like a set up for a joke, right? LOL

But all these men were all asked the same questions about the bible and its meanings. And they all had different answers. It was fascinating to watch. I'd love to see it again............If I could remember what channel it was on and what the name of it was.

The problem I've had over the decades of watching theological based documentaries, is NOBODY ever bothered to explain HOW and WHY the bible was created, etc, etc.... Only WHO wrote it, and what meaning their writing was supposed to have.

I wish I could remember a documentary I watched long, long ago............it was about a Rabbi, Priest, Preacher, and Minister (Judism, Catholicism, Protestant, and I think Methodist). Sounds like a set up for a joke, right? LOL

But all these men were all asked the same questions about the bible and its meanings. And they all had different answers. It was fascinating to watch. I'd love to see it again............If I could remember what channel it was on and what the name of it was.
I would love to see it, too. Without seeing it, here are my own assessments that have formed over the years. First, the Old Testament is best learned from Jewish rabbis or scholars--preferably one whose first language is Hebrew. Hebrew does not translate well in any other language. It can be best described as a language of objective pictures, whereas most other languages are subjective.

Second, Catholic commentary, scholarship is most likely best for the New Testament simply because it uses the views of the Apostles and early Church. Particularly when it comes to Paul's letters, many non-Catholic Christian scholars write more from the perspective of the Protestant Reformation which took place 1500 years after Christ. Some ideas didn't even come to fruition until the late 1800s (Rapture, for example). That being said, one of the top scholars and New Testament commentary authors I favor is William Barclay, a Scottish minister (1907-1978). He is outstanding, and has written commentaries on all the books of the New Testament.

Council of Nicea 325 AD with Constantinople in charge .

That's when the "wise men" sat down and decided what the NT should look like.
Equivalent of an early Davos .One world Government narrative .
What do we need to do to keep the Sheeple under control ?
And the Gullibles have swallowed it ever since .

Council of Nicea 325 AD with Constantinople in charge .

That's when the "wise men" sat down and decided what the NT should look like.
Equivalent of an early Davos .One world Government narrative .
What do we need to do to keep the Sheeple under control ?
And the Gullibles have swallowed it ever since .
Had nothing/little to do with "Sheeple". Sheesh. The problem to be resolved was peace within Christianity that revolved around Arius (Arian heresy) that Jesus was not divine.

By the way "Constantinople", being a city, was not in charge. First of all the Council was held in the City of Nicaea, not the City of Constantinople. Second, while the Emperor Constantine called for the Council (probably influenced by his friend, Bishop Hosius) who was the actual leader of Council when it came to religious matters. Constantine was the Emperor who opened the Council, not the one who headed discussions/debate on religious matters.

New Testament books had been widely circulated long before the Council of Nicaea. It is what the Council used to resolve the Arian conflict. So no, the New Testament was not compiled by the Council--it was used by the Council which of course indicated Council approval of New Testament books that had been in use for quite some time. Constantine had not even been born with these books had first been catalogued by Church Fathers.

Forum List

Back