Hunter committed a known felony, and no one cares

If you had substance abuse problems but only you and your family knew, then you have a point. But Hunter is on record of having problems and answered no. It's on his military record, it's on his laptop, it's on record with a rehab center. The guy has dope problems.
Then the question should have asked if he had ever been to rehab or received treatment. That wasn’t the question. He and I bet thousands of others that checked NO on that form can easily say that they had problems in the past but are good now. I don’t see how it can be proven otherwise in court. So now the question is do you want to reword that question and ask everybody applying for a gun about their past experiences with substances?

He does have a history of it dating back to his military days. If I am a user, I can answer that question as 'No, I'm not using drugs" I used drugs yesterday, I'll use them again tonight, but I currently am not using drugs if you want to get into semantics.

And the question is worded in such a way that semantics comes in to play. Personally I think it was done that way be design.

Then the question should have asked if he had ever been to rehab or received treatment. That wasn’t the question. He and I bet thousands of others that checked NO on that form can easily say that they had problems in the past but are good now. I don’t see how it can be proven otherwise in court. So now the question is do you want to reword that question and ask everybody applying for a gun about their past experiences with substances?

I don't care either way because I never had a dope problem. Beer problem? That I have. :badgrin:

But what we're discussing here is not how the question was worded, if it's constitutional or not, if it should be changed. The question is did he break the law or not by answering no? And if you believe he answered correctly, what is the time frame when you're not considered an addict once you stop? Two days? A week? Four months? What?

shall not be infringed!!!

they can ask but they cant use the answer to restrict your rights,,
Sure they can....with proper due process.

Seriously, you think an inmate has a right to own a gun? Geez...

All your rights can be taken away, even your life....with proper due process. Due process of course is not always the same, it depends on what is being taken...if it's simply temporay...like...ok, you just need to get clean...it's not nearly as much as required if the Govt wants to take your liberty, or life

I don't care either way because I never had a dope problem. Beer problem? That I have. :badgrin:

But what we're discussing here is not how the question was worded, if it's constitutional or not, if it should be changed. The question is did he break the law or not by answering no? And if you believe he answered correctly, what is the time frame when you're not considered an addict once you stop? Two days? A week? Four months? What?
Great questions and exactly why I’m making the point that there is no way to prove he lied in court. The question is too ambiguous. You could say he’s an addict because he went to rehab 5 years ago. He could say he had a wild past but is clean and sober at the time of the application. You can’t prove that he was lying. There’s nothing there

Sure they can....with proper due process.

Seriously, you think an inmate has a right to own a gun? Geez...

All your rights can be taken away, even your life....with proper due process. Due process of course is not always the same, it depends on what is being taken...if it's simply temporay...like...ok, you just need to get clean...it's not nearly as much as required if the Govt wants to take your liberty, or life
did you seriously just ask me if a person in prison can have a gun??? god I hope you didnt,,,

wheres due process when youre denied a right because of a questionnaire???

the phrase is
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,,

Great questions and exactly why I’m making the point that there is no way to prove he lied in court. The question is too ambiguous. You could say he’s an addict because he went to rehab 5 years ago. He could say he had a wild past but is clean and sober at the time of the application. You can’t prove that he was lying. There’s nothing there

I think he lied simply because of his history with drugs. Let's face it, once you have a problem with recreational narcotics, you always have a problem because you're fighting the desires the rest of your life and many people have lost that battle. My cousins son died from an OD at the age of 27. He's been in and out of rehab several times since his mid teens. He could quit for several months, but finally couldn't fight it any longer.

I think the main reason for these questions is so we don't allow people with such problems from owning a gun. They've already proven themselves irresponsible. For instance throwing your gun into a dumpster very near a school.

did you seriously just ask me if a person in prison can have a gun??? god I hope you didnt,,,

wheres due process when youre denied a right because of a questionnaire???

the phrase is
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,,
yeah...so you think someone in prison should be able to get a gun, because "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

You're right isn't denied because of a questionaire.....that's simply the start of the due process

yeah...so you think someone in prison should be able to get a gun, because "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

You're right isn't denied because of a questionaire.....that's simply the start of the due process
are you saying people in prison havent gone through due process??

yes your rights are being denied if they dont allow you to purchase your gun based on a questionaire,,

I see youre one of those take the guns first and then give due process people,,

typical leftist attitude,,

I think he lied simply because of his history with drugs. Let's face it, once you have a problem with recreational narcotics, you always have a problem because you're fighting the desires the rest of your life and many people have lost that battle. My cousins son died from an OD at the age of 27. He's been in and out of rehab several times since his mid teens. He could quit for several months, but finally couldn't fight it any longer.

I think the main reason for these questions is so we don't allow people with such problems from owning a gun. They've already proven themselves irresponsible. For instance throwing your gun into a dumpster very near a school.
Ok, so you want to disqualify anybody from owning a gun if they have ever been in rehab or recovery? Then Ask that question on the form or make it part of the BG check. Let’s see how that idea goes over.

To obtain a fire arm, Hunter was asked if he took any illegal substances

He answer no and later tested positive for them. Therefore, he lied.

But according to this article, this felony is common place and basically never enforced

So if we do not enforce the gun laws we have, why make more?

Democrats, liberal extremists, dupes, sheep, apologists, and snowflakes tell you 'no one cares' and for you not to care.

So when are you going to stop listening and start pushing back?

Army Major Rob Lodewick said, "Nearly all equipment used by U.S. military forces in Afghanistan was either retrograded or destroyed prior to our withdrawal."

It quickly becomes non-operation due to lack of maintenance.
its also old tech.
Right and that's why the Taliban was still fielding Soviet BMP2's in 2001

Democrats, liberal extremists, dupes, sheep, apologists, and snowflakes tell you 'no one cares' and for you not to care.

So when are you going to stop listening and start pushing back?
What exactly do you want to push back on with this case? How are you going to prove he lied on that form?

What exactly do you want to push back on with this case? How are you going to prove he lied on that form.

Oh ok so you don't want our current gun laws enforced? And you don't support the new push for enhanced background checks? Snap said the trap to the rat.

Oh ok so you don't want our current gun laws enforced? And you don't support the new push for enhanced background checks? Snap said the trap to the rat.
Don’t put words in my mouth, enforce all the gun laws you like. I never said otherwise.

Forum List

Back