Hypocrisy

The left backs several issues that are designed to attack the GOP knowing full well that they will defend those positions even though they know they are guilty of the same offenses. Think of the most despicable position you could take on any off the wall issue and the Democrats will take it up knowing rational folks will fight it.

The anti-gun crowd in Hollywood figures that it's too risky allowing the unwashed masses the right to defend themselves but it's no problem for them to go around with armed bodyguards.

The president and his friends really hate fossil fuels but Air Force One wouldn't get off of the ground without it.

We keep hearing about the lavish lifestyles of our public servants at the same time they're cutting the pay for employees in the Department of Defense, myself included. I see no difference between the way they're conducting themselves and the way any 3rd world dictator conducts himself. It's activities like these that led to the British taking away the power to govern from the royal family. Their constant abuses led to this.

They live high on the hog yet they feel they have the right to tell us when we've made enough money.

They tell us what to eat, what to wear, what to drive, they rub our collective noses in shit 24/7 and then they expect us to ask for seconds.....and as the election proved there are plenty of idiots willing to give up their freedoms and their dignity to remain at the table for a second helping of shit-sandwich.

It's a wonder more people aren't going around doing random shootings.

The left is giving us the finger. When are we gonna break it off in their ass?

My suggestion is next time some rich bastard pops off about taking our rights away boycott his ass. Don't buy his products. Don't watch his movies. And especially don't vote for him. It's the only way they'll regain any respect for us, because it appears that they figure we're all a bunch of idiots. They gather at their award ceremonies and multi-million dollar dinner parties and laugh about how they got over on us. I think it's time to turn the tables on these ingrates.

Get up on the wrong side of the gutter this morning, Meatwhistle? I know some people need evil villans in their lives for whatever reason. Hell, I agree with most of what you said. But do you REALLY think there's a difference between those two corporate bought political parties? Do you?

While I agree with you to a certain extent. One is worse then the other.
And with a handle like KnobbyWalsh I wouldnt be talking to much smack. Thats ripe for a little adjustment.

The left backs several issues that are designed to attack the GOP knowing full well that they will defend those positions even though they know they are guilty of the same offenses. Think of the most despicable position you could take on any off the wall issue and the Democrats will take it up knowing rational folks will fight it.

The anti-gun crowd in Hollywood figures that it's too risky allowing the unwashed masses the right to defend themselves but it's no problem for them to go around with armed bodyguards.

The president and his friends really hate fossil fuels but Air Force One wouldn't get off of the ground without it.

We keep hearing about the lavish lifestyles of our public servants at the same time they're cutting the pay for employees in the Department of Defense, myself included. I see no difference between the way they're conducting themselves and the way any 3rd world dictator conducts himself. It's activities like these that led to the British taking away the power to govern from the royal family. Their constant abuses led to this.

They live high on the hog yet they feel they have the right to tell us when we've made enough money.

They tell us what to eat, what to wear, what to drive, they rub our collective noses in shit 24/7 and then they expect us to ask for seconds.....and as the election proved there are plenty of idiots willing to give up their freedoms and their dignity to remain at the table for a second helping of shit-sandwich.

My suggestion is next time some rich bastard pops off about taking our rights away boycott his ass. Don't buy his products. Don't watch his movies. And especially don't vote for him. It's the only way they'll regain any respect for us, because it appears that they figure we're all a bunch of idiots. They gather at their award ceremonies and multi-million dollar dinner parties and laugh about how they got over on us. I think it's time to turn the tables on these ingrates.

Get up on the wrong side of the gutter this morning, Meatwhistle? I know some people need evil villans in their lives for whatever reason. Hell, I agree with most of what you said. But do you REALLY think there's a difference between those two corporate bought political parties? Do you?

And with a handle like KnobbyWalsh I wouldnt be talking to much smack. Thats ripe for a little adjustment.

Here's my resume:

Knobby Walsh (Character)

Shemp Howard, before he rejoined the Three Stooges after Curly got sick, played Knobby Walsh in movies based on that character.

Here's my resume:

Knobby Walsh (Character)

Shemp Howard, before he rejoined the Three Stooges after Curly got sick, played Knobby Walsh in movies based on that character.

Admitting you admire idiots doesn't help you much.

Here's my resume:

Knobby Walsh (Character)

Dude, it's just entertainment. And who has the record for the longest running comedy team in history? So I'm a fan. Please don't try to analyze that politically. Save that great brain for important stuff. I could have put "Viking Fan" since I love the Vikings. "Kansas Fan" since I love the band Kansas. Shemp rocked!

Reagan was a Hollywood elite, lad.

Lad?

Not only are you ignorant but you're begging for an ass whipping.

Reagan didn't go around preaching about how they've screwed people over. He was a positive influence, not an agitator.

Reagan tripled the debt. That is not "conservative" by any measure. Reagan signed pay parity bills for government workers, another idiocy that is hardly "conservative" by any measure. Greenspan was the first FED chair to do QE; he invested in securities to mitigate the crash voodoo economics caused, and he started flooding the economy with cash to mitigate inflationary effects of the debt he and the bobbleheaded moron he worked for generated.

100% of the "Reagan economy" was debt-fueled canned heat that tried to blow up twice (S&Ls, WS crash) and would have without massive bailouts (Junebug Bush imitated Reagan's bailouts in 2008). In the bonus round the bobbleheaded old cocksucker fired a genius, Paul Volcker, and hired a man reduced to fucking Ayn Rand to meet people who might give him a job.

So, two nutball heroes were as a matter of fact second tier players in their chosen trade, then hired by corporations to fuck America, from which positions they gained power and glory and the adulation of the hating and resenting classes. If anything ever proved the value of Madison Avenue grade promotion (putting lipstick on pigs) it is that halfwit America views Reagan as a conservative and Greenspan as competent.

That is laugh out loud funny to anyone with a clue.
You post is horseshit.

Reagan cut the fat on Defense but had to totally rebuild the military thanks to Carter's neglect.

Same thing with Bush. The National Debt by President · The National Debt Crisis

Oh, and Obama has increased the debt 250%. So spare me.

One other thing, Reagan helped create 25 million jobs.

Lad?

Not only are you ignorant but you're begging for an ass whipping.

Reagan didn't go around preaching about how they've screwed people over. He was a positive influence, not an agitator.

Reagan tripled the debt. That is not "conservative" by any measure. Reagan signed pay parity bills for government workers, another idiocy that is hardly "conservative" by any measure. Greenspan was the first FED chair to do QE; he invested in securities to mitigate the crash voodoo economics caused, and he started flooding the economy with cash to mitigate inflationary effects of the debt he and the bobbleheaded moron he worked for generated.

100% of the "Reagan economy" was debt-fueled canned heat that tried to blow up twice (S&Ls, WS crash) and would have without massive bailouts (Junebug Bush imitated Reagan's bailouts in 2008). In the bonus round the bobbleheaded old cocksucker fired a genius, Paul Volcker, and hired a man reduced to fucking Ayn Rand to meet people who might give him a job.

So, two nutball heroes were as a matter of fact second tier players in their chosen trade, then hired by corporations to fuck America, from which positions they gained power and glory and the adulation of the hating and resenting classes. If anything ever proved the value of Madison Avenue grade promotion (putting lipstick on pigs) it is that halfwit America views Reagan as a conservative and Greenspan as competent.

You post is horseshit.

Reagan cut the fat on Defense but had to totally rebuild the military thanks to Carter's neglect.

And on the 7th day, he rested.

Here's my resume:

Knobby Walsh (Character)

Dude, it's just entertainment. And who has the record for the longest running comedy team in history? So I'm a fan. Please don't try to analyze that politically. Save that great brain for important stuff. I could have put "Viking Fan" since I love the Vikings. "Kansas Fan" since I love the band Kansas. Shemp rocked!

I tend to admire great men or women that are accomplished myself.

You post is horseshit.

We conservatives don't kneel at the alter of our leaders. We admire humility.

I know that is a foreign concept to lefties.

Hypocrisy

Got it covered!!!!!

241.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VOE6JRfDs8]Rachel Maddows Factually Shows GOP hypocrisy - Vote against stimulus and policy they support - YouTube[/ame]​

LIMO LIBERALS are often hypocrites.

That's affirmative.

So?

Human beings are often hypocrites, so they seem as long as we try and categorize them. No one is all of one thing.

Being a hypocrite doesn't always fly in the real world but it does in politics.

The left doesn't seem to mind hypocrisy while the right in general despises it. This is why Democrats are able to win elections. They point out the opposition's hypocrisy but cover up their own. Even if they are exposed they know Democrat voters don't really care.

Principled GOP voters are the most effective tool libs use to win.

Not sure how you measure "hypocracy."

Very much like "beauty," it seems to be a subjective description, squarely centered on the eye of the beholder.

An objective observation of political motives finds hypocracy everywhere.

In politics, the "effective tool" is essentially the LOUDEST tool. The GOP obviously has a message they need to crystalize and to broadcast much more effectively than they have during the past 8 years (they began to fall apart about 2005, the beginning of Bush's second term, and would have been entirely crushed had they not won 2010).

Blathering on about "hypocracy" and "the left" and "how Dems do not care," effectively ignores the simple truth: Republicans have no MESSAGE, no banner around which they can rally.

If I'm wrong, please let me know precisely what Republicans want?

Lower Taxes? Why? To stimulate the economy? Is the economy bad? No, not really.

Lower Government Spending? Why? I agree its ALWAYS too high, so this isn't really anything New, plus, once again, Is the economy bad? No, not really.

You post is horseshit.

I know that is a foreign concept to lefties.

Facts are facts, sport. One fact is that excuses (poor poor pitiful neocon ron had to "rebuild" the military) are more like assholes than most people acknowledge: they stink.

Reagan tripled the debt.
Junebug Bush doubled it.

If you weren't in the streets protesting that, yet are bleating like a stuck pig about Obama - who you nutballs elected in 2004 by re electing the most obviously failed clownshow in US history - well, that seems a little bit... precious, son.

Last edited:

My suggestion is next time some rich bastard pops off about taking our rights away boycott his ass. Don't buy his products. Don't watch his movies. And especially don't vote for him. It's the only way they'll regain any respect for us, because it appears that they figure we're all a bunch of idiots. They gather at their award ceremonies and multi-million dollar dinner parties and laugh about how they got over on us. I think it's time to turn the tables on these ingrateste]

True they both feed at the same trough, but there is a world of difference. You're over simplifying political parties.

Let point out some differences:

Lower taxes
Smaller government
Less governmental intrusion
Supporting the 2nd Amendment
Supporting spending cuts
Stronger border security
Against Drone attacks on American citizens
Respecting all regions not just specific religions
Defending the rights of the most innocent (the unborn)
Believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness
Freedom to earn a profit in your business and not be penalized

These are all part of the GOP platform. Which ones do Democrats support?
A bigger question is which ones do the GOP support? I left the GOP because they never stand for what their rhetoric espouses.

They, like the Democrats, make a brave noise when it is close to election time. After the elections, they go back to their committees and their high lifestyle and allow expensive PR firms dictate how they think and respond to questions.

I was in agreement with your OP, but lets not exclude the GOP from it.

You post is horseshit.

....And, FUCK-UPS!!!!!

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer. We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Human beings are often hypocrites, so they seem as long as we try and categorize them. No one is all of one thing.

The left doesn't seem to mind hypocrisy while the right in general despises it. This is why Democrats are able to win elections. They point out the opposition's hypocrisy but cover up their own. Even if they are exposed they know Democrat voters don't really care.

Very much like "beauty," it seems to be a subjective description, squarely centered on the eye of the beholder.

In politics, the "effective tool" is essentially the LOUDEST tool. The GOP obviously has a message they need to crystalize and to broadcast much more effectively than they have during the past 8 years (they began to fall apart about 2005, the beginning of Bush's second term, and would have been entirely crushed had they not won 2010).

Blathering on about "hypocracy" and "the left" and "how Dems do not care," effectively ignores the simple truth: Republicans have no MESSAGE, no banner around which they can rally.

Lower Government Spending? Why? I agree its ALWAYS too high, so this isn't really anything New, plus, once again, Is the economy bad? No, not really.

Is the economy bad? Yes.

Why is lower taxes good for a poor economy? Because it puts more money in the hands of investors, consumers, etc.

Why should we cut spending? Because we spend too much servicing the debt.

Any more questions?

My suggestion is next time some rich bastard pops off about taking our rights away boycott his ass. Don't buy his products. Don't watch his movies. And especially don't vote for him. It's the only way they'll regain any respect for us, because it appears that they figure we're all a bunch of idiots. They gather at their award ceremonies and multi-million dollar dinner parties and laugh about how they got over on us. I think it's time to turn the tables on these ingrateste]

True they both feed at the same trough, but there is a world of difference. You're over simplifying political parties.

Let point out some differences:

Lower taxes
Smaller government
Less governmental intrusion
Supporting the 2nd Amendment
Supporting spending cuts
Stronger border security
Against Drone attacks on American citizens
Respecting all regions not just specific religions
Defending the rights of the most innocent (the unborn)
Believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness
Freedom to earn a profit in your business and not be penalized

These are all part of the GOP platform. Which ones do Democrats support?

Actual Republican platform:
Lower taxes - for the rich.
Smaller government - DHS, TSA, Patriot Act is smaller govt?
Less governmental intrusion - DHS, TSA, Patriot Act is less intrusive govt?
Supporting the 2nd Amendment - Nobody is after your guns.
Supporting spending cuts - euphemism for ending social safety net.
Stronger border security - Reagan amnesty, Bush port security to Dubai?
Against Drone attacks on American citizens - yeah, that's a real problem.
Respecting all regions not just specific religions - respecting Christians only.
Defending the rights of the most innocent (the unborn) - but not giving a damn after birth
Believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness - Fluff. Everybody supposedly believes in that stuff or at least pays lip service to it.
Freedom to earn a profit in your business and not be penalized - Freedom to do anything you please. Caveat Emptor. No consumer protection. No worker protection. No environmental safeguards.

First up Starbucks stocks and products. Just for being assholes.

or should Jim Carrey be first up? He's put out an anti gun/Charlton Heston video and he has a new movie coming out.

the-mask-jim-carrey-guns-weapons-rockets.jpg

I've been boycotting both of them for years.

Starbucks Sux...and Jim Carrey is just not entertaining.

Is the economy bad? Yes.

Why is lower taxes good for a poor economy? Because it puts more money in the hands of investors, consumers, etc.

Any more questions?

I disagree with your assessment of the economy: My house is worth more today than it was last year. My 401K portfolio is worth more than last year. My income is more than it was last year.

Many indicators used to assess the health of the economy suggest that I am not the only one who would disagree with you. While I do not credit the Obama administration or congress, I will not bury my head in the sand and pretend we have a bad economy.

But you go ahead and pretend, then blame "hypocracy" on your party's failures.

Is the economy bad? Yes.

Any more questions?

I disagree with your assessment of the economy: My house is worth more today than it was last year. My 401K portfolio is worth more than last year. My income is more than it was last year.

Many indicators used to assess the health of the economy suggest that I am not the only one who would disagree with you. While I do not credit the Obama administration or congress, I will not bury my head in the sand and pretend we have a bad economy.

You're right Ralph. Now, if you stay tuned into the media - which thrives and cashes in on gloom and doom - you'd think it's all lost. But despite the politicians, things are rebounding and will continue to do so. I'm normally cynical - shit, I'm ALWAYS cynical about politicians, but I'm confident in capitalism and think the rumbles of this new global economy will smooth out.

Is the economy bad? Yes.

Any more questions?

You're right Ralph. Now, if you stay tuned into the media - which thrives and cashes in on gloom and doom - you'd think it's all lost. But despite the politicians, things are rebounding and will continue to do so. I'm normally cynical - shit, I'm ALWAYS cynical about politicians, but I'm confident in capitalism and think the rumbles of this new global economy will smooth out.

:eusa_hand:
Whenever the hopelessly stupid believe "the rumbles of theis new global economy will smooth out," I get nervous.

:eusa_hand:
Whenever the hopelessly stupid believe "the rumbles of theis new global economy will smooth out," I get nervous.

Gee thanks Ralph. So much for trying to get along with people here.

Forum List

Back