🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

Moot scenario. Teacher from the history class upstairs came down the stairway behind the perp and blew the top of his head off

-Geaux

not if the perp killed the history teacher then walked down the stairs still shooting ,,

I think you're missing the fact that the "perp" is going to kill the history teacher anyway.

geaux is a certified la la land dope .. pay no attention.

RW's would rather have inexperienced non professionals guarding their kids than they had experienced professionals guarding them.

When it comes to guarding schools and protecting children, parents and teachers have far more interest and concern and experience than does a "professional" who is only there because he was assigned, and last week was out parked behind a billboard eating donuts waiting to give a speeder a ticket.

thank you for making my point.

Here's an example why cops don't want teacher's to have guns, mistaken for shooter.

He disarmed a possible church shooter — then the police arrived

Tony Garces was still reeling from his injuries on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after he disarmed a possible church shooter in Amarillo, Texas — and was then shot by police.

So let me get this straight. Citizens should be unarmed, helpless, and totally dependent on the police for protection . . . because the police are badly-trained and incompetent? That's really your logic?

That's the bottom line here, isn't it? If current measures were sufficient to prevent Mass murder in our schools, no one would even be talking about allowing teachers to bring weapons in, would we? The fact that current measures do NOT prevent killings reveals the need for additional or different measures.

Yes, obviously, current methods tried for the past several decades are proving a TOTAL FAIL, and the more it is tried, the more school kids are killed. Common sense would be to try doing the opposite then, if less guns is allowing more violence, then try putting more guns in and around schools! At least try it in a study area and see how it goes. Yet the freeze-dried brain lock of the Left is unwilling to ever concede that, and no matter how badly their plans fail, they only ever conclude that the problem is that we simply haven't done ENOUGH of it yet! If creating gun free zones has been a total disaster, then OBVIOUSLY the solution must be to create bigger and more of them! o_O
and when the government doesn't protect the citizens, they want more government.

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

Moot scenario. Teacher from the history class upstairs came down the stairway behind the perp and blew the top of his head off

-Geaux

not if the perp killed the history teacher then walked down the stairs still shooting ,,

I think you're missing the fact that the "perp" is going to kill the history teacher anyway.

RW's would rather have inexperienced non professionals guarding their kids than they had experienced professionals guarding them.

The things I would rather are as follows (feel free to print them and stick them over your monitor, so I don't have to repeat them):

1) That violent crazy people not go to schools to commit carnage;

2) If #1 can't be guaranteed, that the school be surrounded at all times by well-trained and competent cops;

3) Since #2 is not practical or feasible, that well-trained and competent cops be able to arrive immediately to subdue the violent crazy person;

4) Since #3 is likely not going to be practical or feasible, that SOMEONE responsible be able to keep my kid alive.

Feel free to to solve the problem definitively at any one of those points. And do NOT tell me how the people to whom I am supposed to trust my precious, irreplaceable child for hours out of every day can't possibly be expected to be responsible enough to ensure his safety. There is no approach to that argument that is EVER going to work.

YOU

what would you do ?

-Geaux

The things I would rather are as follows (feel free to print them and stick them over your monitor, so I don't have to repeat them):

2) If #1 can't be guaranteed, that the school be surrounded at all times by well-trained and competent cops;

3) Since #2 is not practical or feasible, that well-trained and competent cops be able to arrive immediately to subdue the violent crazy person;

4) Since #3 is likely not going to be practical or feasible, that SOMEONE responsible be able to keep my kid alive.

Feel free to to solve the problem definitively at any one of those points. And do NOT tell me how the people to whom I am supposed to trust my precious, irreplaceable child for hours out of every day can't possibly be expected to be responsible enough to ensure his safety. There is no approach to that argument that is EVER going to work.

problem solved ..

one way in, one way out ALL SCHOOLS - all doors and windows locked with regular patrols - metal detectors at school entrance with PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED ARMED GUARDS - keypad/coded fire alarms teacher access only- all classroom doors locked during class - shooter drills just like fire drills ...

EXACTLY LIKE MY DAUGHTERS ISD DID AFTER COLUMBINE COLORADO STUDENTS WERE KILLED. SO FAR ITS WORKED PERFECTLY.

WRITE THAT DOWN.

YOU

what would you do ?

-Geaux

No, we would rather have somebody......anybody protecting those kids instead of nobody.

-Geaux

When it comes to guarding schools and protecting children, parents and teachers have far more interest and concern and experience than does a "professional" who is only there because he was assigned, and last week was out parked behind a billboard eating donuts waiting to give a speeder a ticket.

Man, you don't know the point of the thread from the point of my comments to the fucking point on your head. I just denounced every claim you've been making for the past week, and you just agreed with me! :auiqs.jpg: :boobies: :eusa_wall: :highfive: :laughing0301:

Man, you don't know the point of the thread from the point of my comments to the fucking point on your head. I just denounced every claim you've been making for the past week, and you just agreed with me! :auiqs.jpg: :boobies: :eusa_wall: :highfive: :laughing0301:

WTF are you talking about I STARTED THE GODDAMN THREAD you dumbass ..

I dont know the point of the thread

idiot

-Geaux

problem solved ..

one way in, one way out ALL SCHOOLS - all doors and windows locked with regular patrols - metal detectors at school entrance with PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED ARMED GUARDS - keypad/coded fire alarms teacher access only- all classroom doors locked during class - shooter drills just like fire drills ...

EXACTLY LIKE MY DAUGHTERS ISD DID AFTER COLUMBINE COLORADO STUDENTS WERE KILLED. SO FAR ITS WORKED PERFECTLY.

WRITE THAT DOWN.
a jail?

WTF are you talking about I STARTED THE GODDAMN THREAD you dumbass ..

idiot
now that is possible.

Glad you are finally realizing that.

you dont know what hypothetical means you clueless dip ..

stop hijacking threads with your stupidity, the board has rules ...

How can I be hijacking a thread when you just THANKED ME for making your point? See post 481. Originally you claimed that only professional, highly trained experts should guard schools, then when I showed why many civilians (including teachers) can and WOULD and DO do much better, you agreed with me! You are too funny.

How can I be hijacking a thread when you just THANKED ME for making your point? See post 481. Originally you claimed that only professional, highly trained experts should guard schools, then when I showed why many civilians (including teachers) can and WOULD and DO do much better, you agreed with me! You are too funny.

YOURE AN IDIOT ...

i thanked you for being an idiot,

DDDDDDUUUUURRRRRRRRRR

YOU

what would you do ?
And then you get shot by a cop who thinks you’re the school shooter.

Or by another armed teacher a distance away. Who himself then gets shot by the cop who thinks he's the shooter. And so on and so on and so on....

That is, unless that other armed teacher is no longer armed because he had his firearm stolen by the kid who's now doing the shooting, thereby eliminating his need to bring arms to the school -- they're already there. So not only is that teacher no longer armed, he's no longer alive either, by his own gun.

What a great plan. Can't think of anything that could possibly go wrong. Here in the world of comic books.

cartoon63.jpg
/——/ The police will know ahead of time which teachers are armed. The teachers are instructed to lay down their arms once the police arrive. The guns are kept in lock boxes until needed. It’s really not that complicated.

If you watch too many movies, and suffer from severe autophobia which you project onto everyone else, then I suppose it does.
`
Why do you feel that way? I'm curious.
`

Why do I feel what way? As though it's unrealistic to the point of insanity to assume anyone, anywhere can just go nuts and start spraying bullets for no apparent reason, and hence there is no way to know who is trustworthy, because no one is?

Honey, if you have to ask THAT question, there's no way you'd understand the answer.

Forum List

Back