Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I am sick of these kids demanding safe spaces

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Opinion | I am sick of these kids demanding safe spaces

About time we got back to the good old days, eh?

I am sick of these children and their demands for safe spaces.

Safe spaces! Back in my day, all we had were dangerous spaces. People would call you names that would turn your ears blue. Everyone had measles, mumps and rubella, just as a matter of course, and we did not go crawling to our family physicians for so-called vaccines. Disease was a ritual of childhood. We toughed it out. We built character.

We did not have satellite radio or the Internet. We had to make our own electricity by rubbing sticks together. Everyone had six guns apiece, which we used to fight world wars. (There has not been a good world war for too long, and kids have gotten needlessly soft.) When children misbehaved, their parents were strongly encouraged to hit them with a rod.

Nobody wore safety belts. The water was full of mercury. The fish were full of sewage. Nobody recycled ANYTHING. When someone fell ill, you just hoped and prayed. (More things should be resolved that way: not with regulations or attempts at solutions but by wishing and hoping and thinking and praying. That was good enough for us, and any change in the world since then has been a change for the worse.)

We used to crawl to school uphill both ways in blinding snowstorms. We used to drink water from lead pipes. Some children still do this, but not nearly enough of them. There was smog in the air as thick as a man’s fist. You could smoke on airplanes. In fact, you were encouraged to do so. It was this pointless suffering that made me who I am.

Dare I deny these benefits to the children of today?

How dare these over indulgent whiny kids not stay stuck in the 20th century!! How dare they believe that times have changed!!:boo_hoo14: who the hell do they think they are, the gotdamned FUTURE???

Last edited:
We used to skateboard at high speed on steel wheels down sharp inclines of gravelly macadam wearing no more armor than a pair of cutoff jeans.

Ya wimps.

give 'em safe spaces then tell them to stay there.

out of our way, problem solved.

Opinion | I am sick of these kids demanding safe spaces

About time we got back to the good old days, eh?

I am sick of these children and their demands for safe spaces.

Safe spaces! Back in my day, all we had were dangerous spaces. People would call you names that would turn your ears blue. Everyone had measles, mumps and rubella, just as a matter of course, and we did not go crawling to our family physicians for so-called vaccines. Disease was a ritual of childhood. We toughed it out. We built character.

We did not have satellite radio or the Internet. We had to make our own electricity by rubbing sticks together. Everyone had six guns apiece, which we used to fight world wars. (There has not been a good world war for too long, and kids have gotten needlessly soft.) When children misbehaved, their parents were strongly encouraged to hit them with a rod.

Nobody wore safety belts. The water was full of mercury. The fish were full of sewage. Nobody recycled ANYTHING. When someone fell ill, you just hoped and prayed. (More things should be resolved that way: not with regulations or attempts at solutions but by wishing and hoping and thinking and praying. That was good enough for us, and any change in the world since then has been a change for the worse.)

We used to crawl to school uphill both ways in blinding snowstorms. We used to drink water from lead pipes. Some children still do this, but not nearly enough of them. There was smog in the air as thick as a man’s fist. You could smoke on airplanes. In fact, you were encouraged to do so. It was this pointless suffering that made me who I am.

Dare I deny these benefits to the children of today?

Might do them some good ...

1387405857.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

We used to get on dirt bikes, fly through the woods like maniacs, built ramps that could kill someone ... And managed to live through it all.
Yeah ... A few broken bones ... Angry parents ... What the hell?

Forum List

Back