I Call Upon All USMB Liberals To Answer This Question >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?
He'd be dead.

Edit: Oh wait... I may not be liberal enough for this question.

I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to
Plenty of time ? All within a 1/2 second, huh ?

There are many posts within this thread that answer your question.
You think that the video captured the entire event?

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?
Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
That made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
1. He didn’t walk briskly, he walked, watch the video
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?
3. Why not send a woman officer? Don’t be a dick

You're just word parsing and bickering now, you couldn't be more clear you have nothing
No I’m it word parsing I’m calling out the BS spin you all are trying to use to justify this shooting. THERES A VIDEO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT HAPPENED!! Stop lying about what happened. You said he “raced to the car” that’s a straight up lie. He clearly walked

Right, there's a video. Yet you keep contradicting the video as if we didn't see it and we don't know you're lying. The cops were behind him.

Blake had a choice. The cops didn't. You can't hide from that
Cops were behind him... best position to restrain him. He walked to his car door... he didn’t race there as you incorrectly said. The cops did have a choice. Restrain him without using lethal force. We didn’t see what happened leading up to the video so we will have to see what witness testimony says since the cops weren’t wearing body cams.

can we agree that every cop should have an active body cam on during each arrest?
Restrain how? He brushed off two taser attacks. What specifically would you do. What do you mean by “restrain”?
Brushed off two taser attacks huh? That’s interesting. I guess they had no other choice but to put 7 in his back. Super logic!
You keep having one way conversations

I don't know why the 2 cops didn't just take him to the ground and cuff him they certainly had plenty of time to

It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video
and the video only shows a portion of the entire event

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

So you don't think 2 cops could put one guy on the ground?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later

It's not more dangerous than letting a person open his car door and reach inside for a weapon.

He was unarmed outside of the car.

And the cops get paid to do a dangerous job so that is not an excuse
Don't hate the player, hate the game. They did what they were trained to do.

Durr.....
So cops are trained to let a criminal walk away from them, open a car door and reach for a weapon?

Nonsense question. They had no reason to believe that Blake was reaching for a weapon. Only that he was trying to get into his car. (That's what people usually do when they open their car doors.)

That the guy you're defending was a felon with a warrant, beats women, ignored a restraining order and ignored the cops trying to arrest him wasn't evidence he might have a gun.

Have you had an IQ test to see if you have one?
None of that matters as you can not shoot someone in the back......................

My IQ is 130, what is yours dopey
You may if you feel like they may turn and shoot you back. Mine was 148 but I was 26 when I took the test 13 yrs ago.
148?! Wow man you’re smart... mines only 69. I should probably start listening to you more. Do you have a blog I can follow?
Hmmm...try reading a book.

I keep asking people who say what you do that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down from behind while he raced to the car if they saw video that I didn't, but all of you have said no. Did you?
Raced to the car? Can you point out the section of the video where he “raced to the car.“ Let me know the time code where he did anything but walk and I’ll check it out
He walked briskly. If the officers were trained in H2H combat they would not have had to draw their weapons. Also, why send a woman officer there? Makes no sense.
2. You really think cops with guns aren’t trained to apprehend and arrest subjects?! Are you serious?

You're just word parsing and bickering now, you couldn't be more clear you have nothing
No I’m it word parsing I’m calling out the BS spin you all are trying to use to justify this shooting. THERES A VIDEO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT HAPPENED!! Stop lying about what happened. You said he “raced to the car” that’s a straight up lie. He clearly walked

Right, there's a video. Yet you keep contradicting the video as if we didn't see it and we don't know you're lying. The cops were behind him.

Cops were behind him... best position to restrain him. He walked to his car door... he didn’t race there as you incorrectly said. The cops did have a choice. Restrain him without using lethal force. We didn’t see what happened leading up to the video so we will have to see what witness testimony says since the cops weren’t wearing body cams.

can we agree that every cop should have an active body cam on during each arrest?
Restrain how? He brushed off two taser attacks. What specifically would you do. What do you mean by “restrain”?
Brushed off two taser attacks huh? That’s interesting. I guess they had no other choice but to put 7 in his back. Super logic!
At this point I don’t see the conversation going anywhere. We’ve both seen the same video. You saw one thing I saw another. It is what it is.

It didn’t take 1/2 a second to walk around the car, you forget we can all see the video

Right, but again you're the one claiming that the cops could have taken the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her down. Where is the video showing that?

And FYI I already acknowledged that the guy had warrants and was not obeying lawful orders by the police.

The question is why didn't they take him to the ground and cuff him instead of letting him open the door of his car and reach in?

Because it's DANGEROUS. They had a poor angle and position and would have had to grab him from behind moving away from them. How do you people never put things together. What happened in Atlanta when that happened? Two cops got in a wrestling match. He grabbed a taser and shot it at them.

Also, being shot with a taser and not being affected is correlated with being on drugs, which makes him more dangerous.

This thing that they only needed to tackle him while reaching out from behind is flat our retarded.

WHAT HAPPENED IN ATLANTA? Seriously, you think they just wrestle him for a trophy or something?

Blake would have walked away and so would the cops if he OBEYED them. If he had a gripe, then take it up later

It's not more dangerous than letting a person open his car door and reach inside for a weapon.

Durr.....
So cops are trained to let a criminal walk away from them, open a car door and reach for a weapon?

Nonsense question. They had no reason to believe that Blake was reaching for a weapon. Only that he was trying to get into his car. (That's what people usually do when they open their car doors.)

That the guy you're defending was a felon with a warrant, beats women, ignored a restraining order and ignored the cops trying to arrest him wasn't evidence he might have a gun.

None of that matters as you can not shoot someone in the back......................

You may if you feel like they may turn and shoot you back. Mine was 148 but I was 26 when I took the test 13 yrs ago.
148?! Wow man you’re smart... mines only 69. I should probably start listening to you more. Do you have a blog I can follow?
Any recommendations?

Durr.....

So you can shoot anyone not facing you that might have a pencil....................

This is psychotic and this ball less nerd is going to jail

No way a fag nerd like this should have a gun, a 10 year old girl could kick the shit out of him
32479448-8675471-Rusten_Sheskey_31_shot_Blake_seven_times_in_the_back_He_has_been-a-12_1598649808915.jpg
That happens. And yes cops need more training. Not sure what we are arguing here?

Durr.....

Link?

The dorky cop was suspended and is going to jail.

Get over it, fools arguing here are not changing anything
You complain a lot
And I have never shot anyone in the back either........................ Face shots are way more fun
Come and shoot me and see what happens. When you’re in Boston ping me. It’s not as easy as you think.

At this point I don’t see the conversation going anywhere. We’ve both seen the same video. You saw one thing I saw another. It is what it is.
You won’t answer a simple question. If you’re one of the male police officers what would you do differently?

Durr.....

Any recommendations?
I would start with the Cat in the Hat. Ping me when you have completed it and we can go to the next step.

Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?

Well, duh, I shoot him 7 times in the back.

I saw what happened, it was on video. No way that guy deserved 7 bullets in his back. Our cops need to do better than that
It's not a matter of what Blake "deserved". It's a matter of what the cop had to do to protect himself. This has been explained a dozen times in this thread. Are you dense ?
I’m sure you’d call me dense, I don’t think I am.... the cop had ample opportunity to grab tackle, taz, billy club and cuff Blake. There was no need to jump to lethal force. We have thousands of Americans screaming in the streets because they feel abuse of power and excessive force from our police is a problem. The fact that this happened in the middle of these protests after the Floyd issue just shows the depth of the problem. They are calling for that to change. You are free to disagree but the video is a perfect example of what many feel is wrong.
They did IN FACT Taz him TWICE, it did not work.

I would have most likely done the same as the cops involved in the incident. Law enforcement seems to have a problem with the effectiveness of their tasers when dealing with extremely agitated individuals. Perhaps upping the power on the tasers would be beneficial. I would suggest tranquilizer pistols, however, it takes too long for the tranquilizer to actually incapacitate a person and might not even bother someone on Meth or PCP. Ultimately, there isn't a lot of choices when it comes to those who resist arrest and if physical force, baton, spray, or taser doesn't stop the criminal, that only leaves the firearm and as many people are unaware that shooting for an arm or leg is impractical, due to a criminal's movements rapid movements, they only come to the wrong conclusion that excessive force was used.

He didn't race anywhere. He purposely walked from the middle of the front of the vehicle to the drivers side door. When I worked as a Correctional Custody Officer, I had to do one takedown on a person attacking one of my Officers during a live training exercise. I was the Training Officer. This guy was FUGE. The problem isn't taking them down, it's keeping them down. One person can take another down quite easily if they know how. But it takes numbers to keep him down and restrain him if he really doesn't want to be restrained without getting anyone really hurt. You do that with numbers. And they had the numbers on the Cops side. Again, good police procedure would have been for them to take him down when he was still in front of the vehicle, get the restraints on him, and either leave him on the ground or, better yet, get him into the back seat of a Cruiser. Then sort things out. It's better to have to apologize for that if a mistake is made than have to be tried for shooting someone 7 times in the back.

You can justify anything but this is a clear cut case of extremely poor police procedure that should not be tolerated.

In a correctional facility, they wouldn't have shot you in the face like the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting if they had a gun

When the takedown should have happened, he was unarmed. In fact, he was unarmed when he was shot. Now, he may have been going for that knife or he may have been just trying to flee by driving away. We don't know. But he was unarmed at the time.

Here is the rest of my story. Our Military People were highly trained. The Person being indoctrinated (hopefully a life changing) attacked the person doing the indoctrinating. He was about 6'5" and about 250lbs. The Sgt was about 160lbs and 5'8". When the "Person" started the attack, the Sgt began warding off the blows, backing away (he knew there is safety in numbers) and all the while, he was advising that "Person" of his rights. The Sgt intentionally backed past me. I did the takedown and place the "Person" in a double wrist lock. The Sgt finished advising him of his rights and backed off. Well not before I had to order him to. The Sgt was pretty hot at that point but who can blame him. After I cooled off the "Individual" I stood up, allowed him to stand and placed him at parade rest facing the Building with 4 other Officers (we are all NCOs) also at Parade Rest behind him. It was my responsibility to control the situation as the senior member and I did exactly that. It stayed that way until the Security Police arrived and we turn him over to them. Last I heard, he was in for a Court Marshal and a long visit to an Army Prison even though we were Air Force. I am damned proud of the training that was received and it paid off. No one got hurt. And if you think that anyone that big can't really hurt someone, you have never been hit by a bruiser before.

I'll say it again, safe, good police procedure was NOT followed. And I would say that the Senior Police Officer on scene should be fired as well as the dude that pumped the 7 shots even if no charges are filed. And a complete review and revamping of training of the entire police force should be done.

You know he was unarmed. The cop behind him didn't know that. The cop did know he was a wanted felon, a woman beater and was ignoring a court order as well as there was a warrant out for him. At what point do you master the obvious that he was dangerous?

"Just the Facts, Maam, Just the Facts". And the facts are, if good police procedures had been used, he would have been restrained while he was in front of the vehicle when they knew he didn't have a weapon in his hands. There was already one weapon pointed at him at that point. Instead, the other cops stood there with their thumbs up their asses. I am not defending the "Individual" I am saying that proper training and proper police procedure being followed would have prevented any of this.

So if you saw a video where they were in a position to do that then why aren't you sharing it?

I think you're making it up

And you are never going to be a cop. I turned down joining a Sheriffs Department decades ago. They like Retired Military. What stopped me? Fear of handling domestic desputes.

Retired Military are superior to most cops. Most cops panic and empty their service revolver. Most Retired Military either double tap or triple tap. What we have to learn is to have the partial second of hesitation that is required by a cop when firing the weapon. Even in the Military, being too fast on the trigger can be a bad thing. Friendly Fire ain't so friendly. And every sillyvillian must be treat like they should be considered friendly no matter how mouthy or uncooperative they are. NEVER get mad. Fall back on your training. Any cop that either doesn't get the proper training or goes against that training has no business being a cop.

Okay, the "Individual" may be a bad actor but the cops didn't follow proper procedure. In the beginning of the clip, the "Individual" was at the center of the hood in the front of the car already a weapon was trained on him. The Mistake was not to take him down right then, restrain him and then sort things out. He didn't run around the car, he walked. They at at least 3 seconds to detain him and had the numbers to do so. You can justify it all you want but truth be told, I believe that at least one of the cops wanted to shoot someone and he did.

I saw what happened, it was on video. No way that guy deserved 7 bullets in his back. Our cops need to do better than that
It's not a matter of what Blake "deserved". It's a matter of what the cop had to do to protect himself. This has been explained a dozen times in this thread. Are you dense ?
I’m sure you’d call me dense, I don’t think I am.... the cop had ample opportunity to grab tackle, taz, billy club and cuff Blake. There was no need to jump to lethal force. We have thousands of Americans screaming in the streets because they feel abuse of power and excessive force from our police is a problem. The fact that this happened in the middle of these protests after the Floyd issue just shows the depth of the problem. They are calling for that to change. You are free to disagree but the video is a perfect example of what many feel is wrong.

Then take him down and restrain him.; Some people have a higher tolerance to tazing. But when 5 cops take you to the ground, you don't have anymore tolerance than anyone else when they take out the cuffs or the zip ties.

Hahahahaha they had a poor angle?! Are you shitting me? You’ve resorted to pulling shit out of your ass and I must say... it stinks.

Yes, behind the woman beater who ignored the court order to stay away from her you're protecting was in front of them walking away. Yes, that is a bad angle
no it's not.

Tell me is it easier to tackle a guy from the behind than it is when he is facing you ?

You're still with that all they had to do was "tackle" him and he'd curl up and let them arrest him

There were safety in numbers and they could have forced him to take the cuffs. It's a bit hard to fight when you have 5 cops holding your down and forcing your arms behind your back. And that is proper police procedure.

Durr.....

Link?

The dorky cop was suspended and is going to jail.

Get over it, fools arguing here are not changing anything
You complain a lot
And I have never shot anyone in the back either........................ Face shots are way more fun

"Why'd you shoot him in the Back?"
"His front wasn't facing me"

Then take him down and restrain him.; Some people have a higher tolerance to tazing. But when 5 cops take you to the ground, you don't have anymore tolerance than anyone else when they take out the cuffs or the zip ties.
What five cops?

, it's a Police Procedure and Safety thing and a cop who just wanted to kill someone in the heat of the moment.
How do you ascertain that this cop "wanted to kill someone" ?

You are trying to justify the shooting. There can be NO way to justify it, ever.

NO way? So being the "PERFECT" being you are what would you do to uphold the law?
Blake fought the police. Tasering didn't work. The three cops said.. “They were also yelling drop the knife,” White told NBC News.

So what would YOU do Mr. Perfect oh yea being a perfect person you would simple command Blake to not resist!
The rest of us including the cops are plain simple humans. And a normal human reaction when someone is threatening us with a knife,
we "RESIST"!!! Now who has more of a right to "RESIST"? Blake who was being arrested for assaulting a woman warrant and was resisting
arrest? Of course being the "PERFECT" person you are you know such things so evidently you AREN"T perfect! And the FACTS point this out!
View attachment 383780

Here is a blowup of his hand.

1599095692731.png

That's not even a 2 rating on the Photoshop rating of 10. Try again. And the report said the knife was under the carpet IN the car.

, it's a Police Procedure and Safety thing and a cop who just wanted to kill someone in the heat of the moment.

You are trying to justify the shooting. There can be NO way to justify it, ever.

NO way? So being the "PERFECT" being you are what would you do to uphold the law?
Blake fought the police. Tasering didn't work. The three cops said.. “They were also yelling drop the knife,” White told NBC News.

So what would YOU do Mr. Perfect oh yea being a perfect person you would simple command Blake to not resist!
The rest of us including the cops are plain simple humans. And a normal human reaction when someone is threatening us with a knife,
we "RESIST"!!! Now who has more of a right to "RESIST"? Blake who was being arrested for assaulting a woman warrant and was resisting
arrest? Of course being the "PERFECT" person you are you know such things so evidently you AREN"T perfect! And the FACTS point this out!
View attachment 383780

View attachment 383807

That's not even a 2 rating on the Photoshop rating of 10. Try again. And the report said the knife was under the carpet IN the car.

So why did this person say what he heard?
The witness who recorded the shooting, 22-year-old Raysean White, has said he hadn’t seen a knife in Blake’s hand,
but that he heard the officers yell to him, “Drop the knife! Drop the knife!” before they shot Blake in front of his young children.

Aren't you just a little embarrassed believing the word of a person who is resisting arrest for his violent behavior that caused the arrest warrant?
Do you honestly believe this person over policemen?

View attachment 383780

View attachment 383807

So why did this person say what he heard?
The witness who recorded the shooting, 22-year-old Raysean White, has said he hadn’t seen a knife in Blake’s hand,
but that he heard the officers yell to him, “Drop the knife! Drop the knife!” before they shot Blake in front of his young children.

Aren't you just a little embarrassed believing the word of a person who is resisting arrest for his violent behavior that caused the arrest warrant?
Do you honestly believe this person over policemen?

One of the easiest things to do is to yell something like that when you intend to kill the person even if they don't have a knife. I'll make a final determination when all the facts officially come out. And not from a bunch of kooks from both sides that have political agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back