i can see this turning ugly

Since faith healing is not medicine no, and that is not what this case is about.

She has nearly completed her Master's Degree and now, since they don't like her political point of view, they want to re-educate her. That is wrong.

I don't agree with her point of view, but neither do I believe that some self-aggrandized liberal nuts have the right to forcibly coerce people over to their point of view especially after having sucked boo-coo bucks out of her bank account and then tell her, "we're sorry, but, we don't like what you think so we are not going to let you graduate until you succumb to our way of thinking."

Immie

Faith healing replaces medicine for some....or is it only SOME religious beliefs that are acceptable to those supporting religion?

If she were into "faith healing" she would be a TV Evangelist not a Psychologist.

Edit: Gotta run for the day. I have enjoyed this discussion from both sides. Thanks to all who participated. I'll try to catch up tonight or tomorrow. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Immie

But what if she wanted to go to medical school? She could sue them for persecuting her because of her religious beliefs?

You know what? The hippies are committing the same sins they rebelled against 50 years ago. Their parents morays were shoved down their throat and they threw them out. Ultimately, these kids are going to do the same thing and rebel against their tyrannical parents and teachers who are forcing their beliefs on the kids.

You libs have less than 10 years of influence on this society before it all falls away like a sloughed sheet of dead flesh and disease

You libs say that a school should be allowed to not graduate someone because of their beliefs....

but then....

you deny the Boy Scouts the ability to do the same thing...expel someone that doesn't share the same beliefs, and call them bigots, racists and other things for doing so.

Hypocrites.

How can any straight person identify with the gay community? And where has she shown the inability to do so, other than in stating that she believes that it is a choice, and not a state of being, something which some gay activists believe also? Would they also be prohibited from getting a degree, even though they are gay? Somehow I doubt that, and I bet you do also. Which would force you to acknowledge this is about her beliefs as a Christian, and not just her beliefs.

she also wants to convert them back to being straight and other foolishness which could permanently, mentally harm the children she is dealing with. also, its not christian only its only about people who share the same views on homosexuals as she does.

Where does it say that?

You libs say that a school should be allowed to not graduate someone because of their beliefs....

but then....

you deny the Boy Scouts the ability to do the same thing...expel someone that doesn't share the same beliefs, and call them bigots, racists and other things for doing so.

Hypocrites.

non sequitor?

How can any straight person identify with the gay community? And where has she shown the inability to do so, other than in stating that she believes that it is a choice, and not a state of being, something which some gay activists believe also? Would they also be prohibited from getting a degree, even though they are gay? Somehow I doubt that, and I bet you do also. Which would force you to acknowledge this is about her beliefs as a Christian, and not just her beliefs.

she also wants to convert them back to being straight and other foolishness which could permanently, mentally harm the children she is dealing with. also, its not christian only its only about people who share the same views on homosexuals as she does.

Where does it say that?

see my previous posts. its in the affidavit filed

if certain beliefs/actions are part of the groups ethics though why shouldn't she have to follow them to be accredited by the group even if they conflict with her religious belief?

Wait, let me get this right..... All the years that Liberal Democrats ran ALL the TV News programs, before Fox obviously, we were ASSURED over and over again that there was no left leaning bias. That those liberals were professionals and could just put aside their beliefs for the good of the News programs and their stories.

Is that not true now? Or is this just different cause well she is a Christian and it is ok to attack them and deny them their rights?

hey rgs, glad you joined the thread.....

1) the ACA & school can only be accused of a liberal bias in this instance if the views on gays that the ACA and school holds are liberals only. I can assure you there are a number of conservatives who hold the same beliefs about gays as the school/ACA making it not a left vs right issue

2) it has nothing to do with her being christian specially. anyone, regardless of religion, with her views on homosexuals would get the same treatment

CaféAuLait;2541093 said:
I would assume that there are counselors out there that disagree with a lot of what their clients do. That does not mean they do not counsel the correctly.

according the afadavit filed, the girl promoted the idea of converting gays back to being straight, which is against the ACA & schools guidelines. that is not allowed

The school is punishing her for being religious. That is the problem here.

Also, she is not performing the job yet. She is in an institute of higher learning, well actually this institution appears to dissuade higher learning by squelching independent thought. It is not up to this institution to decide how well she will perform the duties of her chosen profession. It is up to them the gauge whether or not she understands the material presented to her and it seems to me that if she passes the tests then she fulfills that part of the requirements.

Immie

nothing to do with religion, an atheist with her views on homosexuals would get the same treatment

You know what? The hippies are committing the same sins they rebelled against 50 years ago. Their parents morays were shoved down their throat and they threw them out. Ultimately, these kids are going to do the same thing and rebel against their tyrannical parents and teachers who are forcing their beliefs on the kids.

You libs have less than 10 years of influence on this society before it all falls away like a sloughed sheet of dead flesh and disease

o yes they are so tyranical for wanted gays treated equal and not having a counselor tell them they have a curable mental disease that can be cured by jesus and if its not cured they will burn in hell :cuckoo:

The school is punishing her for being religious. That is the problem here.

Also, she is not performing the job yet. She is in an institute of higher learning, well actually this institution appears to dissuade higher learning by squelching independent thought. It is not up to this institution to decide how well she will perform the duties of her chosen profession. It is up to them the gauge whether or not she understands the material presented to her and it seems to me that if she passes the tests then she fulfills that part of the requirements.

Immie

nothing to do with religion, an atheist with her views on homosexuals would get the same treatment

Bullshit.

Oh. I couldn't tell.

So she's a bigot for not believing (along with the scientific community) that homosexuality isn't inhereited.

What crap.

diversity sensitivity workshop
I just do not see any problem with this especially since a public school and especially if she is going into a field that she may be "exposed" to those whose beliefs differ from her own. As a counselor she should want to help others but if her views are different than those she is supposed to counsel and help and she feels she is unable to then like I said, perhaps she should go into private practice through the church.
Odds are the majority of any counselor's students are going to hold different views.

o yes they are so tyranical for wanted gays treated equal and not having a counselor tell them they have a curable mental disease that can be cured by jesus and if its not cured they will burn in hell :cuckoo:

When did that happen?

Oh, that's right. It hasn't. It's all in blu's head.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back