i can see this turning ugly

The genetic theory was disproved, the hard wire fallback is not a theory because it is not based in science.
Linky?

Wait, I've got one:

Homosexuality Linked to Genetics in Mice - TIME NewsFeed

If you insist.

Male Homosexuality: Absence of Linkage to Microsatellite Markers at Xq28 -- Rice et al. 284 (5414): 665 -- Science

Use this one for the links to the studies at the end. If homosexuality was genetic then identical twins would always be both homosexual, or both straight. That alone disproves that it is genetic.

The Importance of Twin Studies

Even Wikipedia knows it is not genetic.

Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have dozens, how many do you want?
You are incorrectly assuming a simple Mendelian on/off gene structure, which is tested by twin studies.

Sexuality is likely much like skin color, with many, many genes resulting in many phenotypes (which do not nicely fit into our societies "black" and "white" definitions).

1) She has never expressed that point of view.

yes she did.

Student sues ASU over anti-homosexual beliefs | NBC Augusta 26 | news, weather, sports, community, entertainment, shopping for Augusta, Georgia | Local News

From the Link said:
Keeton says she believes homosexuality is a choice rather than a "state of being."

"I'm not willing to and I know I can't change my biblical views," Keeton said.

The affidavit also says a fellow student said Keeton "relayed her interest in conversion therapy" for the gay, lesbian and transgender communities and tried to convince classmates to agree with her religious beliefs.

you might have me here. I don't feel like googling about this anymore.

School Lawsuit Claims Religious Discrimination

From the Link said:
An ASU spokesperson says that grad students are held to the same code of ethics as professional counselors. The code condemns discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

5) ACA ethics require that counselors do not attempt to cure homosexuals, where has she stated that she is trying to do this?

same link and quote as #1

OK, I will admit that someone is claiming she might be interested in conversion therapy. However that is, at best, hearsay evidence, and I would need to know more about the student who is saying that before accepting, or rejecting, the claim.

In other words, there is no way of knowing why they're gay, but we know it's not genetic.

Thank you for that insight, eagle.

How can any straight person identify with the gay community? And where has she shown the inability to do so, other than in stating that she believes that it is a choice, and not a state of being, something which some gay activists believe also? Would they also be prohibited from getting a degree, even though they are gay? Somehow I doubt that, and I bet you do also. Which would force you to acknowledge this is about her beliefs as a Christian, and not just her beliefs.

she also wants to convert them back to being straight and other foolishness which could permanently, mentally harm the children she is dealing with. also, its not christian only its only about people who share the same views on homosexuals as she does.

Some gays believe that also. Until she actually tries to do this, or tell a student that they need to be cured, the school cannot deny her a degree.

In other words, there is no way of knowing why they're gay, but we know it's not genetic.
Epic fail at reading comprehension.

I just posted a thread, actually:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/126070-mouse-homosexuality-linked-to-genes.html#post2540682

If you want to dispute the peer-reviewed article, do so there.

Pukeama posts are peer-reviewed articles?????
Epic fail at using Internet Explorer. I linked the peer-reviewed article in the OP of that page.

If you insist.

Male Homosexuality: Absence of Linkage to Microsatellite Markers at Xq28 -- Rice et al. 284 (5414): 665 -- Science

Use this one for the links to the studies at the end. If homosexuality was genetic then identical twins would always be both homosexual, or both straight. That alone disproves that it is genetic.

The Importance of Twin Studies

Even Wikipedia knows it is not genetic.

Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have dozens, how many do you want?
You are incorrectly assuming a simple Mendelian on/off gene structure, which is tested by twin studies.

Sexuality is likely much like skin color, with many, many genes resulting in many phenotypes (which do not nicely fit into our societies "black" and "white" definitions).

Identical twins have identical genes, therefore homosexuality is not genetic. I am not assuming anything, other than that geneticists who actually study this issue know what they are talking about.

You need to deal with the fact that every scientist who actually studies this agrees that environment is more likely to make a person homosexual than genetic traits.

OK, I will admit that someone is claiming she might be interested in conversion therapy. However that is, at best, hearsay evidence, and I would need to know more about the student who is saying that before accepting, or rejecting, the claim.

I seriously doubt the school is dumb enough to stop the girl from graduating without this accusation or some other one just as bad (in relation to the ethics guidelines) being true

We all know schools never discriminate or do anything STUPID, after all.

So it comes down to this...blu says if they school did it, no matter what it is, IT'S OKAY!

We all know schools never discriminate or do anything STUPID, after all.

So it comes down to this...blu says if they school did it, no matter what it is, IT'S OKAY!

yea because people always lie on affidavits just to mess with people :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

you have been a complete waste of time in this thread

The feeling is mutual, you fascist buttwipe.
So did you ever prove that it's a requirement that counselors believe homosexuality isn't a choice?

Nope, I didn't think you did.

I seriously doubt the school is dumb enough to stop the girl from graduating without this accusation or some other one just as bad (in relation to the ethics guidelines) being true

I think they are dumb enough to try.

The feeling is mutual, you fascist buttwipe.
So did you ever prove that it's a requirement that counselors believe homosexuality isn't a choice?

Nope, I didn't think you did.

you moved the goal posts. she believes thats its a choice and reversable by therapy. the aca is against that

it was in the afadavit, thats a pretty odd thing and place to lie

Allie, admit it. You hate homosexuals and are delighted this woman is trying to cause harm.

There is no proof you'd accept as adequate because you yearn for a specific result...one in which the school is made to bend its circuluum and ethics to embrace a student with an anti-gay agenda.

Nobody has provided any proof of anything so far, so I don't know if i would accept your proof or not.

And I absolutely don't hate homosexuals. I've roomed with homosexuals, I've been hit on by homosexuals, I've been very, very good friends over periods of years with homosexuals.

I have no problem at all with homosexuals.

I have a problem with fascists who have the unmitigated gall to think they can tell Americans what they must think and say. A big, big problem.

Which part was in the affidavit?

Besides, someone is lying, either the student who is claiming that she has told her professors people she has no problems counseling gays, or the school that is saying they have a reason other than her beliefs to put her into remediation. My guess is both sides are lying.

People always lie blu, once you get that part down it will be a lot easier for you to question everything.

Which part was in the affidavit?

Besides, someone is lying, either the student who is claiming that she has told her professors people she has no problems counseling gays, or the school that is saying they have a reason other than her beliefs to put her into remediation. My guess is both sides are lying.

People always lie blu, once you get that part down it will be a lot easier for you to question everything.

Student sues ASU over anti-homosexual beliefs | NBC Augusta 26 | news, weather, sports, community, entertainment, shopping for Augusta, Georgia | Local News

"The affidavit also says a fellow student said Keeton "relayed her interest in conversion therapy" for the gay, lesbian and transgender communities and tried to convince classmates to agree with her religious beliefs. "

if certain beliefs/actions are part of the groups ethics though why shouldn't she have to follow them to be accredited by the group even if they conflict with her religious belief?

Wait, let me get this right..... All the years that Liberal Democrats ran ALL the TV News programs, before Fox obviously, we were ASSURED over and over again that there was no left leaning bias. That those liberals were professionals and could just put aside their beliefs for the good of the News programs and their stories.

Is that not true now? Or is this just different cause well she is a Christian and it is ok to attack them and deny them their rights?

Forum List

Back