I cannot focking believe the gop isn't going to find a way to put some suspects on the no buy list

You can't ban someone over a suspicion it's called due process
That is actually untrue. While we couldn't ban someone absolutely from buying a guy, as that is a right, we could require he submit to some more investigation prior to buying a gun.

Regardless of how you stand on any of this, this issue is politically a loser.

That is actually untrue. While we couldn't ban someone absolutely from buying a guy, as that is a right, we could require he submit to some more investigation prior to buying a gun.

Translation: You can only buy a gun with Obungles' permission...

Which means that if you're not a terrorist, Mexican drug lord, or black gangbanger, you're out of luck....

Tell that to George Bush. He banned people from flying over a suspicion. I don't recall a single pseudo right winger complaining about it at the time.

Probably because they were all in comas until January 20, 2009.

Due process is due process and a right.

Tell that to George Bush. He banned people from flying over a suspicion. I don't recall a single pseudo right winger complaining about it at the time.

You're flapping your pie hole I was never a huge fan of Bush
Probably because you were still in diapers.

It's funny how you can't find a Bush supporter these days.

I didn't hear a single pseudo right winger complaining about Bush's No Fly List the same way they are whining now.

Like I said...coma.

Many times sticking with the Constitution is, but the Fifth Amendment is pretty clear.

Why don't they change it so that people can't be put on the No Fly List without a judge's approval first?

I understand why just being on the no fly list shouldn't put someone in the database, but how could a guy like Mateen not be.

We are going to lose the Senate for sure doing stupid shite like this.

Why the post-Orlando gun-control legislation before Congress on Monday is almost sure to fail
Look, man. Just because some guy posts YouTube videos praising ISIS, and writes checks to known terrorist groups doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to buy as many guns as he can stash in his apartment.

Let him fly? Oh hell no!

But guns? Why the hell not? FREEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMMMM!

"We secretly harbor a desire for more terror attacks so Trump can be elected. Did I just say that out loud? OOPS!"

Many times sticking with the Constitution is, but the Fifth Amendment is pretty clear.

Why don't they change it so that people can't be put on the No Fly List without a judge's approval first?
The constitution does not prevent this, so long as anyone denied receives due process - which is simply notice and an opportunity to be heard before an impartial tribunal of some kind.

And, super majorities favor background checks and do not favor a ban on mulsims entering the country, yet the GOP seems determined to make this an election a referendum on that.

You're flapping your pie hole I was never a huge fan of Bush
Probably because you were still in diapers.

It's funny how you can't find a Bush supporter these days.

I didn't hear a single pseudo right winger complaining about Bush's No Fly List the same way they are whining now.

Like I said...coma.
Because they arent the same thing at all.
I am still a supporter of Bush, who was head and shoulders superior to the imposter we have now and the criminal we are likely to get in the future.

The constitution does not prevent this, so long as anyone denied receives due process - which is simply notice and an opportunity to be heard before an impartial tribunal of some kind.

And, super majorities favor background checks and do not favor a ban on mulsims entering the country, yet the GOP seems determined to make this an election a referendum on that.
I'd be OK if they made the process transparent. But they won't. Because this is about government going after law abiding people. It really has nothing to do with terrorists. That is an excuse. It is about gov't expanding its power over citizens.

The OP makes it sound like the GOP is against denying anyone on the Watch list the right to buy a gun. That is not the case. The Republican leadership made it clear that they opposed the amendments due to the fact that they denied Americans' Constitutional right to DUE PROCESS.

Not to belittle the effort or the act, but if you remember back to when you wrote a college or high school paper? Was the 1st draft you wrote most often the one you turned in. If you wanted a good grade you wrote the paper, reviewed it, refined it, and turned in a later, altered draft of the paper.

This legislation was quickly rushed onto paper to take advantage of the EMOTION after the Orlando terrorist attack - the 1st draft was rushed before Congress. Now think back to the last major time this happened. To this day some of the politicians who voted for Obamacare still haven't read that bill.

Just because they actually READ and voted against these Amendments, again that denied Americans Due Process, is not a completely bad thing...unless you're a Democrat.

Congress didn't take the Orlando shooter off the no fly list, the Obama administration did. There is enough stupid shit to go around without bringing congress into it. The FBI was a day late and a dollar short in the Boston Marathon bombing, involved in the Fast/Furious debacle and dropped the investigation into the Orlando shooter. Instead of wringing your hands and becoming hysterical about the majority party you need to ask why Loretta Lynch threatened Americans with arrest if they maligned a muslem and why the FBI has become so negligent?

Congress didn't take the Orlando shooter off the no fly list, the Obama administration did. There is enough stupid shit to go around without bringing congress into it. The FBI was a day late and a dollar short in the Boston Marathon bombing, involved in the Fast/Furious debacle and dropped the investigation into the Orlando shooter. Instead of wringing your hands and becoming hysterical about the majority party you need to ask why Loretta Lynch threatened Americans with arrest if they maligned a muslem and why the FBI has become so negligent?
Congress is only in it because it's up to them to pass, or not to pass, legislation covering who is no a no fly list.

Mateen is sort of an interesting case. If he had been put on a no fly list when the FBI was actively investigating him, when would he have gotten removed? When the FBI decided he had not done anything but engage in constitutionally protected free speech, or should someone stay in the data base until he/she makes a request to have some kind of due process hearing on whether they should be in the database?

I read Susan Collins will propose legislation that the senate will vote on this week or next.

Congress is only in it because it's up to them to pass, or not to pass, legislation covering who is no a no fly list.

Mateen is sort of an interesting case. If he had been put on a no fly list when the FBI was actively investigating him, when would he have gotten removed? When the FBI decided he had not done anything but engage in constitutionally protected free speech, or should someone stay in the data base until he/she makes a request to have some kind of due process hearing on whether they should be in the database?

I read Susan Collins will propose legislation that the senate will vote on this week or next.
No one in the public knows how people get on and off the no fly list. ACLU has filed a lawsuit because of this.

Forum List

Back