I come forward, and lay on mee sword.

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
I must admit, (and it was mostly for fun, mind you), that I often argued in favor of Obamacare because I thought that the fear-mongering was mostly nonsense.

Well, most of it is nonsense.

BUTTTT (big butttt, like Suzanne Boyle butttt) -

My wife's Boss, a Dentist (she's a hygienist) pays a (bigger) bulk of our Health Insurance than normal bosses do, which is why we're insured under my wife's office instead of mine.

About three years ago, he stopped paying 100% (which was fuggin awesome) and started making employees contribute some.

That's okay, we're juuUUuust about upper middle class, but not quite. So we're middle class a little higher mebbe.

AAAAaanyhoo - THIS YEAR, the cost is SKYROCKETING. And this is coming from me - the guy who thought this thing would likely work itself out. $85/week MORE. That's per WEEK. And employees are eating the entire cost. Do the math, that's $340 more a month. In perspective, that's 3 more cable/internet bills. That's ANOTHER car payment.

We are not RICH. We do not qualify for subsidies. This HURTS US. This HURTS our spending power, this LESSENS our consumerism. This DECREASES the value of life for my DAUGHTER.

So, ALWAYS devil's advocate what I did was - I assumed the HR/Office Manager was retarded and I hopped onto the exchange to see if she was missing a small-business subsidy or some such thing. NOPE. Any small business where the Average Salary is $55k or higher DOES NOT QUALIFY. Mind you, the DENTISTS working there highly skew the Average, but who's worrying about details.

So, I tried to see how costly it would be to get our OWN insurance, NON employer based. We are not under 4x the poverty level, and so we do not qualify for subsidies either. And the prices?

I-N-S-A-N-E.

So, as soon as you can tell me why it's GOOD thing that A NOT RICH family has their insurance go up an ENTIRE CAR PAYMENT, all at once and WITHOUT RECOURSE, you can defend this law to userhandle GT.

Until then, you are DEAD TO ME, Gangster.

I must admit, (and it was mostly for fun, mind you), that I often argued in favor of Obamacare because I thought that the fear-mongering was mostly nonsense.

My wife's Boss, a Dentist (she's a hygienist) pays a (bigger) bulk of our Health Insurance than normal bosses do, which is why we're insured under my wife's office instead of mine.

About three years ago, he stopped paying 100% (which was fuggin awesome) and started making employees contribute some.

That's okay, we're juuUUuust about upper middle class, but not quite. So we're middle class a little higher mebbe.

AAAAaanyhoo - THIS YEAR, the cost is SKYROCKETING. And this is coming from me - the guy who thought this thing would likely work itself out. $85/week MORE. That's per WEEK. And employees are eating the entire cost. Do the math, that's $340 more a month. In perspective, that's 3 more cable/internet bills. That's ANOTHER car payment.

We are not RICH. We do not qualify for subsidies. This HURTS US. This HURTS our spending power, this LESSENS our consumerism. This DECREASES the value of life for my DAUGHTER.

So, ALWAYS devil's advocate what I did was - I assumed the HR/Office Manager was retarded and I hopped onto the exchange to see if she was missing a small-business subsidy or some such thing. NOPE. Any small business where the Average Salary is $55k or higher DOES NOT QUALIFY. Mind you, the DENTISTS working there highly skew the Average, but who's worrying about details.

So, I tried to see how costly it would be to get our OWN insurance, NON employer based. We are not under 4x the poverty level, and so we do not qualify for subsidies either. And the prices?

I-N-S-A-N-E.

So, as soon as you can tell me why it's GOOD thing that A NOT RICH family has their insurance go up an ENTIRE CAR PAYMENT, all at once and WITHOUT RECOURSE, you can defend this law to userhandle GT.

Wait...you're employer provided plan is raising rates and somehow that's the fault of the Affordable Care Act? How exactly?

Well, you got what you voted for, didn't you?

But I have to command you for the honesty, because there are plenty of obamabots here who are lying into your face about the prices.
Yes, I checked the exchanges as well.

And yes, the major target at getting the money from are you and me and the middle class.

Maybe, finally, you will start thinking and realize that your dimocraps always lie when they talk abou 'millionaries/billionaries' - it is YOU, the middle class, whom they are talking about, nobody else.

I-N-S-A-N-E.

Wait...you're employer provided plan is raising rates and somehow that's the fault of the Affordable Care Act? How exactly?

The ACA effects the rates of ALL health insurance.

But I have to command you for the honesty, because there are plenty of obamabots here who are lying into your face about the prices.

And yes, the major target at getting the money from are you and me and the middle class.

Maybe, finally, you will start thinking and realize that your dimocraps always lie when they talk abou 'millionaries/billionaries' - it is YOU, the middle class, whom they are talking about, nobody else.

No, I didn't vote. I liked neither. I don't play the devil's ballgame.

I have lucky and.nothing changed for me.
dont get me wrong though, BCBS SUCKS!
we switched from EBC, which was great to BCBS end of 2010. dont know if ocare had anything to.do with it though.
Iknow the guy that came in from BCBS when we switched.KEPT talking about. praising it, if you will
which is weird because they were not part of the "fab five" as I like to call it. (the insurers posed to actually get rich of this BS. or make a good profit at all)
ALL big business bro!
it had nothing to do with people getting insured, me thinks

I-N-S-A-N-E.

Because it requires insurance carriers to give insurance to people with a higher risk, without allowing them to make those people pay for that risk. Since thier projected expenditures are going to be up, they have to make sure thier intake will cover it. Since they cant raise rates on specific people when they apply, they have to raise rates across the board to cover the increased risk.

Money has to come from somewhere, and a chunk of it is coming from G.T. so that high risk person can save money on thier coverage.

No, I didn't vote. I liked neither. I don't play the devil's ballgame.

Hard to believe given your defence of the dimocraps, but i will - for 2012 . You still did in 2008, didn't you? ;)

I bet by the time it's over I will say this 100 times, the driving factor behind the monthly premium is what the policy covers. No one reads their policies, and who wants to? They are purposefully structured and written in a way so as to obscure the fact that the insurer is trying to reduce their liability and costs to the lowest number.

So a cheap policy covers the initial catastrophic aspect of a diagnosis but leaves the patient high and dry for after-care, therapy, tests and follow up procedures. People don't know these things are being left out of their policies because they don't know they exist until the doc prescribes them. That's when you learn that you get what you pay for. And so YOU get the bill for the procedure because the insurer GLADLY sends a form letter telling you that your policy doesn't cover X, Y, Z. They GLEEFULLY tell you that that one is ON YOU.

The ACA law requires that insurance companies can no longer fuck their policy holders over like they used to. They have to pay for PET scans, MRIs, preventative tests, Rx drugs etc. But the biggest reason costs are up is because they can no longer deny coverage for someone with a pre-existing condition.

The insurance companies are not going to lose money on all these millions of people they used to deny and rescind policies to. So prices go up. But the bigger the pool, the lower the cost for everyone.

I think it all sucks of course because I am in favor of single payer. Insurance companies have no business being in health care.

Last edited:

I-N-S-A-N-E.

What provision of the ACA required YOUR employer provided insurance to raise rates. Did you have a substandard plan that did not meet the minimum requirements of the ACA?

You mean you don't feel all warm and fuzzy because your extra $340 a month is "doing your part"?

I don't know why all the sideswipes.

I was never an obamabot. I'm just not into politics like that.

But yea, Obama always says he's for stopping the SQUEEZE on the middle class.

Not sure how this doesn't squeeze us. I feel like I'm getting a bear hug from The Undertaker or Hulk Hogan.

I-N-S-A-N-E.

I have no pity, sympathy or any other feelings for you.

You deserve it. And much more. Much, much more.

Because of people like you, who turned a blind eye to our pleadings, our warnings, our begging you to open your eyes....

MILLIONS of other people who CAN NOT afford it are going to get their heads ripped off by Insurance Premiums because of obamacare.

I give you credit for admitting you were wrong. That much, you're due.

But any sympathy, any pity....... Eat it.

Raw

What provision of the ACA required YOUR employer provided insurance to raise rates. Did you have a substandard plan that did not meet the minimum requirements of the ACA?

As I stated before, the increase in high risk people in the companies portfolio will require said risk to be mitigated across the board.

Mitigated, as in increased rates for all.

I-N-S-A-N-E.

Typical liberal.

You're all for it until it effects you.

None of your question matters: because the job of the President after the recession was to lower the cost burden on the middle class.

This increases it, astronomically.

I-N-S-A-N-E.

Typical liberal.

You're all for it until it effects you.

Yea, man. That's it.

I-N-S-A-N-E.

I have no pity, sympathy or any other feelings for you.

You deserve it. And much more. Much, much more.

Because of people like you, who turned a blind eye to our pleadings, our warnings, our begging you to open your eyes....

MILLIONS of other people who CAN NOT afford it are going to get their heads ripped off by Insurance Premiums because of obamacare.

I give you credit for admitting you were wrong. That much, you're due.

But any sympathy, any pity....... Eat it.

Raw

I don't need your pity.

I pity you, for your daily hate-filled existence.

I go to bed every night happier and more fulfilled than you do. I'm sure of this, and for that, I pity you.

Forum List

Back