I cringe when I have to watch the black choir

Americans that like Kabuki theater only do so b/c they feel white guilt over the Hiroshima and Nagasaki...or something. lol

Americans that like Kabuki theater only do so b/c they feel white guilt over the Hiroshima and Nagasaki...or something. lol
I watch
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
to help me cope...with Japanese forced detention during WWII..

I am not a faithful man anymore but I find choirs to be beautiful and inspiring. I was in the choir and bells as kid/teen in my Catholic Church. Not liking a black choir b/c it is not your preference isn't racist; however, pretending that white people that like predominately black choirs b/c of white guilt is fucking stupid.
Can we get an Amen? I am an atheist but black spiritual music kicks ass.

Me too - LOVE black choirs. There is a lot of really beautiful religious music. Same with art.
Not to mention that black spiritual music is a distinct art form unto itself that does not actually attract a lot of white singers in the first place.

Your'e not a racist but whenever you see something like the black choir at your school it just makes you feel uncomfortable for many reasons?

I'm sure you're not a racist and I bet you have many friends in that choir to prove it.

If you don't like something, just don't like it, you don't have to stand up and scream that you don't like it.

If your not sincere with yourself then really it is wasting time and energy.

Sometimes you just have to look at things in life that we don't like as you don't have control over some things in life, you only have control over how you respond to it...

I watch
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
to help me cope...with Japanese forced detention during WWII..

Curse that white guilt of yours! In all seriousness though, those movies are pretty badass.

Whenever I see something like the black choir at our school it just makes me feel uncomfortable for many reasons. I'm sure someone will think I am racist for writing this much but who cares anymore. It is impossible in this day and age to not do anything against a black person without it being called racism. This even goes all the way up to the president of the United States who happens to be black. It is impossible to criticize anything about this man without it being thought of as being racist.

It feels like that I have to like whatever thing the black event is doing so if it is a black choir singing I have to like it or I could be a racist. Now I am being forced to like something that I normally dont like which is choir singing and quite frankly black music doesn't excite me. It isn't personal. It just doesn't. It is kind of not liking Japanese opera. No one feels any pressure to like Japanese culture in any way. People are free to choose what they like and don't like about anything. This is probably why you see some resentment against blacks people. It is a feeling that a person isn't completely free to decide for themselves that may be resented.

The result is a bunch of scared white people saying how much they like anything that is black. They come off as so phony pretending to like the black choir and shit like that. It reminds me of characters in brave new world who pretend to clap when there leader is talking. Personally, I just think it is kind of hilarious to watch white liberals cower in fear in these situations.

Why are you even at that school? I send my kids to a private school where there are not enough minorities to even put together a soccer team.

I am not a faithful man anymore but I find choirs to be beautiful and inspiring. I was in the choir and bells as kid/teen in my Catholic Church. Not liking a black choir b/c it is not your preference isn't racist; however, pretending that white people that like predominately black choirs b/c of white guilt is fucking stupid.

Me too - LOVE black choirs. There is a lot of really beautiful religious music. Same with art.
Not to mention that black spiritual music is a distinct art form unto itself that does not actually attract a lot of white singers in the first place.

The good thing about black choirs is that you got 15-20 of them together with everybody keeping their eyes on them so they are not committing crimes.

Whenever I see something like the black choir at our school it just makes me feel uncomfortable for many reasons. I'm sure someone will think I am racist for writing this much but who cares anymore. It is impossible in this day and age to not do anything against a black person without it being called racism. This even goes all the way up to the president of the United States who happens to be black. It is impossible to criticize anything about this man without it being thought of as being racist.

It feels like that I have to like whatever thing the black event is doing so if it is a black choir singing I have to like it or I could be a racist. Now I am being forced to like something that I normally dont like which is choir singing and quite frankly black music doesn't excite me. It isn't personal. It just doesn't. It is kind of not liking Japanese opera. No one feels any pressure to like Japanese culture in any way. People are free to choose what they like and don't like about anything. This is probably why you see some resentment against blacks people. It is a feeling that a person isn't completely free to decide for themselves that may be resented.

The result is a bunch of scared white people saying how much they like anything that is black. They come off as so phony pretending to like the black choir and shit like that. It reminds me of characters in brave new world who pretend to clap when there leader is talking. Personally, I just think it is kind of hilarious to watch white liberals cower in fear in these situations.

You are so excited about this that you felt compelled to start a thread about it?

The good thing about black choirs is that you got 15-20 of them together with everybody keeping their eyes on them so they are not committing crimes.

Lame, weakling.

You suck at humor.

Americans who do like it do so freely. There are never any questions about a persons character for the people who do not like it. There are questions about a persons character if they happen to not like anything that is black. There are already numerous post here that called me a racist I this topuc.

You are so excited about this that you felt compelled to start a thread about it?

Yes. Any other questions?

If you don't like something, then you do not like it. That is your preference.

Question: Why do you feel compelled to like something Black anyway? Are there pressures on you to do so? Or are they figments of your imagination? This topic really belongs in another Forum.

Forum List

Back