I cut the cord this past week.

No Kodi and the addons needed can be installed in just a few minutes. I programmed my own Amazon Firestick to use it, but ended up buying an Andriod Qbox for $35 with it on it. Live tv can be kind of a crap shoot at times, but watching tv shows, movies, and live sporting events for free is a breeze. You just need a good WiFi internet connection. Just go to Amazon and look for a Qbox.
...and be aware that the addons are not legal.

And be aware that Kodi doesn't advertise the addons as being part of their program, though it depends what you do with the addons on whether you are doing something illegal. Streaming in the U.S. is NOT illegal. Not enough of the copyrighted material is stored on your box at any given time for it to be considered downloading. The people that are breaking the laws are those that are uploading the copyrighted material to be streamed. I've researched my shit, you should too. ;)
Oh I have and your smug attitude is par for the course. You're a criminal justice student giving out bad legal advice.

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi | Kodi
Every day a new user shows up on the Kodi forum, totally unaware that the free movies they’re watching have been pirated and surprised to discover that Kodi itself isn’t providing those movies.

Q box Android TV box. Offical supplier of the Q box Android TV box
Kodi Media center in mind. Our fully customised Kodi setup is second to none.

With hundreds of free streaming add-ons available for Kodi, you can cancel your satellite or cable service and enjoy streaming your favourite shows, live TV channels, live sports and movies from all over the world!

Your links prove nothing...did you even read my post?

From an actual Law site saying EXACTLY what I just posted...

"Is watching streaming movies illegal?

There is currently no definitive answer to this question. Depending on the site and file type, online streaming may create a full-length temporary copy of the movie on your computer. Alternatively, the program may delete the data as you watch.

Some courts have held that even temporary copies may violate the law. However, the Copyright Office contends there is no violation when "a reproduction manifests itself so fleetingly that it cannot be copied, perceived or communicated.""

Is Streaming or Watching Movies Illegal?

When you stream on Kodi it DOES NOT download the whole file, unless you click on the download button. If you simply stream then you are fine.

Seriously, do you not ever get tired of being proven wrong?
Are you so cheap you can't afford to pay for someone else's intellectual property?

You are not trying to cut the cord, you are trying to find a way not to strangle yourself with it.

Ahh yes George Clooney is going to go broke because I stream off the internet. :rolleyes:

Geta fucking grip. Every time you speed in your car you should turn yourself in, your city is losing tax dollars off your ticket fines and you are screwing some kid out of improvements to the local park.

And be aware that Kodi doesn't advertise the addons as being part of their program, though it depends what you do with the addons on whether you are doing something illegal. Streaming in the U.S. is NOT illegal. Not enough of the copyrighted material is stored on your box at any given time for it to be considered downloading. The people that are breaking the laws are those that are uploading the copyrighted material to be streamed. I've researched my shit, you should too. ;)
Oh I have and your smug attitude is par for the course. You're a criminal justice student giving out bad legal advice.

Every day a new user shows up on the Kodi forum, totally unaware that the free movies they’re watching have been pirated and surprised to discover that Kodi itself isn’t providing those movies.

With hundreds of free streaming add-ons available for Kodi, you can cancel your satellite or cable service and enjoy streaming your favourite shows, live TV channels, live sports and movies from all over the world!

There is currently no definitive answer to this question. Depending on the site and file type, online streaming may create a full-length temporary copy of the movie on your computer. Alternatively, the program may delete the data as you watch.

Some courts have held that even temporary copies may violate the law. However, the Copyright Office contends there is no violation when "a reproduction manifests itself so fleetingly that it cannot be copied, perceived or communicated.""

When you stream on Kodi it DOES NOT download the whole file, unless you click on the download button. If you simply stream then you are fine.

You can't read, period. The Kodi team calls them pirate boxes for a reason. You can't understand what that means? Your position is you can purchase a piracy box and legally watch any copyrighted material you want. And you're a criminal justice student? LOL

You don't understand one fucking bit. They sell the boxes world wide. Laws are different in every country. I just showed you the laws for the U.S. The programmers of Kodi put that they do not endorse or support the addons created for Kodi as a disclaimer so that someone doesn't create one that does something illegal and they can get sued for it. I explained things VERY clearly for you and you still don't understand... no surprise there.

BTW Kodi started as a file compilation program for the XBox but has since been created to work on other types of OS, and if you want more info you can visit Unofficial Kodi Addons for the Kodi Media Center | TV ADDONS . There is a forum there... which I'm a member. Bet you can't guess what my screen name is. :rolleyes:
You bought the box in the US though so your spin makes no sense. We either believe you or the developers of the program. Your smokescreen is lame.

Are you so cheap you can't afford to pay for someone else's intellectual property?

You are not trying to cut the cord, you are trying to find a way not to strangle yourself with it.

Ahh yes George Clooney is going to go broke because I stream off the internet. :rolleyes:

Geta fucking grip. Every time you speed in your car you should turn yourself in, your city is losing tax dollars off your ticket fines and you are screwing some kid out of improvements to the local park.
The ole moral equivalence defense. Tell the cop some people watch pirate boxes so he should ignore your 12 over.

You can't read, period. The Kodi team calls them pirate boxes for a reason. You can't understand what that means? Your position is you can purchase a piracy box and legally watch any copyrighted material you want. And you're a criminal justice student? LOL

You don't understand one fucking bit. They sell the boxes world wide. Laws are different in every country. I just showed you the laws for the U.S. The programmers of Kodi put that they do not endorse or support the addons created for Kodi as a disclaimer so that someone doesn't create one that does something illegal and they can get sued for it. I explained things VERY clearly for you and you still don't understand... no surprise there.

BTW Kodi started as a file compilation program for the XBox but has since been created to work on other types of OS, and if you want more info you can visit Unofficial Kodi Addons for the Kodi Media Center | TV ADDONS . There is a forum there... which I'm a member. Bet you can't guess what my screen name is. :rolleyes:
You bought the box in the US though so your spin makes no sense. We either believe you or the developers of the program. Your smokescreen is lame.

WTF does it matter where I bought the box? I showed you clear as day what the law is on streaming in the U.S. and you continue to argue with me about it. Are you fucking retarded? I bought the box on Amazon pre-loaded with a version of Kodi on it... legally. I watch streaming video on it legally using addons for Kodi. This isn't rocket science. I showed you how it is legal to do, and I showed you why Kodi lists a disclaimer about addons. But you continue to argue with me. It's amazing how fucking hard headed you are.

The ole moral equivalence defense. Tell the cop some people watch pirate boxes so he should ignore your 12 over.

I'm not breaking the law... you said yourself you have a fucking Kodi box. :oops: It's like I'm arguing with a fucking retard.

I'm not breaking the law... you said yourself you have a fucking Kodi box. :oops: It's like I'm arguing with a fucking retard.
I said the addons made it illegal, like the box you bought. I said I built a htpc and installed OpenElec, which only has Kodi. They are open source and free for redistribution. You are seriously stupid to argue the point.

we get nothing ....have roku....netflix and hbo.....have amazon prime and it sucks....hulu is starting to suck......
Why does Amazon suck? It not only has rotating content, but a lot of original content. Since I regularly use Amazon for purchases, the Prime membership is a sweet bonus.

My wife's annual Christmas gift to me is Netflix DVD/streaming combo. Great on both.

We rotate memberships of Starz, Hulu, Showtime and, soon, HBO every few months. It allows us to watch everything they currently have. Starz is great because it, like Amazon and (now) Netflix, allows downloads which comes in very handy for me while on the road.

I said the addons made it illegal, like the box you bought. I said I built a htpc and installed OpenElec, which only has Kodi. They are open source and free for redistribution. You are seriously stupid to argue the point.

Addons DO NOT make it illegal. Kodi simply uses a disclaimer to keep them out of possibly legal problems...

I showed you the fucking U.S. law.

Downloading copyrighted material----> BAD
Streaming copyrighted material with a cahce----> GOOD

Are you arguing the law at this point? My Qbox came with the addons pre-downloaded btw... Addons are free distribution, the site I posted earlier shows you were to get them.

Why does Amazon suck?
For me it isn't the content. Somebody seriously FUBARed the interface. It used to be so much better. It takes me much longer to find anything and I have difficulty reading the tiny text. I looked for a documentary yesterday and gave up. It would only show four or five at a time and there were no categories.

Why does Amazon suck?
For me it isn't the content. Somebody seriously FUBARed the interface. It used to be so much better. It takes me much longer to find anything and I have difficulty reading the tiny text. I looked for a documentary yesterday and gave up. It would only show four or five at a time and there were no categories.
Sometimes it's easier for me to search on a laptop rather than the app, save it to my watchlist then use the app for scrolling through my watchlist.

Addons DO NOT make it illegal. Kodi simply uses a disclaimer to keep them out of possibly legal problems...

Are you arguing the law at this point? My Qbox came with the addons pre-downloaded btw... Addons are free distribution, the site I posted earlier shows you were to get them.

LOL, this retard thinks it's legal to use illegal equipment.

Kodi, the very popular media center, has declared war on people who use their name to promote “pirate addon(s).” Now that the Kodi Team has a trademark in the United States, they plan to enforce it.

People can still make Kodi add-ons and sell boxes with Kodi, but if you sell a box that has an altered version of Kodi that promotes pirating or “free movies and free TV shows,” they will use their trademark to stop you.

Kodi does allow people to make add-ons for their open source program and even allows you to sell boxes with Kodi as long as you do not alter Kodi in any way. If you sell a version of Kodi that has been altered, you have violated their terms of service, and Kodi intendeds to stop it.

Here is a part of the post the Kodi team made on their website.

The Solution

Our solution to this problem is pretty straightforward. We now own the trademark to Kodi, and we plan to use it to finally battle the mass confusion created by those seeking to profit on unaware users.

This means we will issue trademark takedown notices anywhere we think the likelihood for confusion is high. If you are selling a box on your website designed to trick users into thinking broken add-ons come from us and work perfectly, so you can make a buck, we’re going to do everything we can to stop you. If you are making a video in which you claim to be a Kodi developer or Kodi team member or you are just using the Kodi name while assuring users that some pirate add-on is totally legal and isn’t going to break next week, we will do everything we can to take you down.

If you see somebody selling a box that’s “fully loaded” or comes with the phrase “Free movies and TV with Kodi,” please, ask them to stop. And let us know. It’s OK to sell a vanilla Kodi box. It’s OK to sell a fully loaded box that doesn’t have Kodi installed or fully rebrands Kodi to something else entirely. It is not OK to sell a fully loaded Kodi box.

- See more at: Kodi Is Targeting Box Makers Who Include Illegal Add-ons - Cord Cutters News

I use to have the Prime membership and got a few books on Audio... and then I got a free membership through being a college student... the best part really is the free two day shipping on some products. It can save you like $5 there alone.

Why does Amazon suck?
Sometimes it's easier for me to search on a laptop rather than the app, save it to my watchlist then use the app for scrolling through my watchlist.
I watch Prime on my Roku, they need to fix that sucker.

LOL, this retard thinks it's legal to use illegal equipment.

Kodi, the very popular media center, has declared war on people who use their name to promote “pirate addon(s).” Now that the Kodi Team has a trademark in the United States, they plan to enforce it.

People can still make Kodi add-ons and sell boxes with Kodi, but if you sell a box that has an altered version of Kodi that promotes pirating or “free movies and free TV shows,” they will use their trademark to stop you.

Kodi does allow people to make add-ons for their open source program and even allows you to sell boxes with Kodi as long as you do not alter Kodi in any way. If you sell a version of Kodi that has been altered, you have violated their terms of service, and Kodi intendeds to stop it.

Here is a part of the post the Kodi team made on their website.

The Solution

Our solution to this problem is pretty straightforward. We now own the trademark to Kodi, and we plan to use it to finally battle the mass confusion created by those seeking to profit on unaware users.

This means we will issue trademark takedown notices anywhere we think the likelihood for confusion is high. If you are selling a box on your website designed to trick users into thinking broken add-ons come from us and work perfectly, so you can make a buck, we’re going to do everything we can to stop you. If you are making a video in which you claim to be a Kodi developer or Kodi team member or you are just using the Kodi name while assuring users that some pirate add-on is totally legal and isn’t going to break next week, we will do everything we can to take you down.

If you see somebody selling a box that’s “fully loaded” or comes with the phrase “Free movies and TV with Kodi,” please, ask them to stop. And let us know. It’s OK to sell a vanilla Kodi box. It’s OK to sell a fully loaded box that doesn’t have Kodi installed or fully rebrands Kodi to something else entirely. It is not OK to sell a fully loaded Kodi box.

- See more at: Kodi Is Targeting Box Makers Who Include Illegal Add-ons - Cord Cutters News

You are just making a fool of yourself. I flat out showed you the U.S. law on streaming. At this point I don't know what else to say. If you can't understand the law and how it works, then well you're brain dead.

And you don't even understand what you just posted. The people that own Kodi do not want to be held responsible for the addons that can be created and possibly do illegal things in certain countries. Therefor they are saying the boxes are illegal if they are selling them as "Kodi" boxes with addons pre-loaded... and therefor saying that the addons are part of Kodi. Please get your shit together.

I use to have the Prime membership and got a few books on Audio... and then I got a free membership through being a college student... the best part really is the free two day shipping on some products. It can save you like $5 there alone.
Agreed, which is the primary reason I have prime. Not just the free, 2-day shipping, but also the deals to be had.

Agreed, which is the primary reason I have prime. Not just the free, 2-day shipping, but also the deals to be had.

Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've saved an extra $5 here and there, and when I bought a Fire tablet I think I saved $15, saved $10 off the fire stick, and like $25 off a cell phone. On top of that they messed things up on the price of something and I couldn't order it so they gave me like 2 $10 gift cards to use, which I bought a memory card for my fire tablet.

Anyone try Kodi? I am told it offers everything for free, but downloading it and running it is difficult. You need to be a computer tech.

Yes, I have a Firestick wtih Kodi installed on it and it's easy to use. Of course, as with any streaming device, sometimes it can be slow, but it works pretty well for the most part. We have considered scrapping Direct TV and just using this considering we DVR most of our programs and watch them later anyway. I don't watch much live tv other than during football season and we're tired of paying $125 a month for satellite.

Anyone try Kodi? I am told it offers everything for free, but downloading it and running it is difficult. You need to be a computer tech.

Yes, I have a Firestick wtih Kodi installed on it and it's easy to use. Of course, as with any streaming device, sometimes it can be slow, but it works pretty well for the most part. We have considered scrapping Direct TV and just using this considering we DVR most of our programs and watch them later anyway. I don't watch much live tv other than during football season and we're tired of paying $125 a month for satellite.

Usually you can find a ton of links for football on the SportsDevil addon. They aren't always the best, but if it will save you a ton of money it could be worth it.

Usually you can find a ton of links for football on the SportsDevil addon. They aren't always the best, but if it will save you a ton of money it could be worth it.

Yeah, I have done that before, but the quality of those games tends to be shitty and they buffer a lot.

Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've saved an extra $5 here and there, and when I bought a Fire tablet I think I saved $15, saved $10 off the fire stick, and like $25 off a cell phone. On top of that they messed things up on the price of something and I couldn't order it so they gave me like 2 $10 gift cards to use, which I bought a memory card for my fire tablet.
Same savings here on different items. I needed a mailbox for an investment property. $20 at Home Depot but a "used" (damaged package) one on Amazon was $8 with free shipping.
I recently saved about $25 ordering a Ninja coffee machine "used" (again, repackaged). Sometimes clothing or other products have had great sales simply because of an unpopular color. I bought some really nice running shoes for half price because they were blue-green and grey with yellow trim.

Forum List

Back