I decided to only use CASH now when making purchases

---------------------------------- I also stay away from store cards . Why would anyone with a brain want to tell people that they drink 20 quarts of hunerd / hundred proof whiskey , smoke 50 packs of Camel Straights and drink 40 cases of Colt 45 a week just to save 57 cents . :afro:

I get 20 cents on the dollar off for gas in my area using my store points..
CASH is PRIVACY and it will someday go the way of all other privacy in the modern world .

I bet they will just put chips in your hands and you scan your hands in 10 or less years.

---------------------------- if so then I will have done okay for 76 years and we all know what happens , naturally when an old guy gets older EWings .

Oh sorry Pismo...lol...I meant scan your hands for a chip to charge on a credit card..

------------------------------- I agree , no reason to be sorry , things are changing , really getting messed up in my opinion . I am happy to be 66 rather than 16 Ewings .

I am 60 this year and feel so bad for the young folks... I was just thinking about this today while seeing this group of young girls all with their cell phones in their face....

yep , it is pretty weird , imo !!

No more having to spend a certain amount of money to use my credit/debit card or getting charged a fee by some stores to use my CC/debit card. So now when I go to the market to buy food I will only bring a certain amount of cash so I can spend less. I was spending more money in the market because I was using a bigger pot of money. Now I won't be able to over spend because I can't spend more what's in my wallet.

So I am confident now I can increase my savings by paying cash for everything. Like last night when I was in the market my bill came to $17.57 and I just happen to have $18.00 in cash on me:)

Just wish I had thought of this a year ago.

I do believe that's the first time I ticked a "Winner" on one of your threads. Good plan, that's using your noggin. :thup:

Yes I got so sick of going into stores, especially the ones ran by chinese people with a sign up saying........"$10 minimum to use your credit card"

You know why they do that, right? Because the card companies gouge them. So you're doing both them and yourself a favor.

And it makes sense to spend only what you can see in your hand. Otherwise it's an abstract and it becomes the horror story later on when you check your bank account and go "I have HOW MUCH left??"

I am paying off my Macys card, so easy to go crazy with a card in there.

No more having to spend a certain amount of money to use my credit/debit card or getting charged a fee by some stores to use my CC/debit card. So now when I go to the market to buy food I will only bring a certain amount of cash so I can spend less. I was spending more money in the market because I was using a bigger pot of money. Now I won't be able to over spend because I can't spend more what's in my wallet.

So I am confident now I can increase my savings by paying cash for everything. Like last night when I was in the market my bill came to $17.57 and I just happen to have $18.00 in cash on me:)

Or budget yourself to twenty dollars a day and watch how fast you save money. Been doing this for years and have been saving.

I do believe that's the first time I ticked a "Winner" on one of your threads. Good plan, that's using your noggin. :thup:

Yes I got so sick of going into stores, especially the ones ran by chinese people with a sign up saying........"$10 minimum to use your credit card"

The local gas station down the road has a five dollar minimum and I only use cash there because he shaves ten cents off the price of gas per gallon when you use cash.

At the local market like Kroger I will use the debit card because they do not have a minimum and I also get cash back so I do not have to use the ATM.

I never use credit and never will!

Pay cash and live that way and life is easier!

Forum List

Back